“LOVE the lazy river/pool/spa” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   9800 Hyatt Resort Drive, San Antonio, TX 78251 (Far West Side)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed and Breakfast Package
Ranked #37 of 352 hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
texas
“LOVE the lazy river/pool/spa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

this is a great family vaca hotel ! the rooms are nice and comfy; the outdoor pool and lazy river are the BEST ! the spa is relaxing and peaceful; there is even an adults only area for us with no kids and not in the mood to listen or get splashed by kids; great get away!

Green Features: Grounds are all native Texas plants; low water usage; but lush.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
hyattlover, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback from your recent Hill Country getaway. I was thrilled to see your 5-star review. As someone traveling without children, you picked a great time to visit!

Over Memorial Day weekend we will open Edge Falls, the expansion of our 5 acre park featuring a FlowRider®, 22' tower slide, and Vince’s Watering Hole restaurant and bar. Our outdoors will have been enhanced with additional lighting and landscaping and in the fall we will unveil a brand new 20,000 square foot ballroom as well as 11,000 square feet of outdoor event lawns and gardens.

860 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Moline, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here instead of on the river walk and it was a great change of pace. The rooms were spacious . I think almost all rooms have outside access either balcony or main level sliding doors. Great walking trail, beautiful adult pool. Water slide, lazy river and pool for all. Free bikes to explore the property. One mile trail to walk and three 9 hole golf courses. We played 18 holes ( with great rented clubs). Cart came equipped with GPS (you never had to worry about how far you were to the pin! I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013
hyattlover, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
WOW! I am blown away with your generous 5 star review. I'm so glad you had the opportunity to play our course, and the GPS on the carts comes in very handy!

I do hope you will visit us when we complete our $35 million renovation and enhancement project. By October we will have updated all guest rooms with new flooring, beds, updated furniture and fresh tile in the bathrooms, added a FlowRider®, 22' tower slide restaurant and bar to our 4-acre water playground and added a 20,000 square foot ballroom as well as 11,000 square feet of outdoor event lawns and gardens.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had a wonderful romantic weekend getaway. The hotel and grounds were well kept and the amenities were nice. It is a family resort, but the adult only pool area was fabulous & very peaceful. We also enjoyed the running trail around the property. The food was good, but there are plenty of great options nearby if you want to save a little money. They were doing construction at the property, but it was not bothersome. Our room was one recently renovated and was clean, but the comfort and quality was not what I would have expected for a hotel in this rating. However, overall I would say the resort is great and I would return with or without family.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent Hill Country visit. I am glad you were able to enjoy a romantic weekend getaway, you picked the perfect time for your visit!

Thank you for complimenting the look of our pools and grounds, we have recently enhanced all of our landscaping throughout those areas. As for the pool, Memorial Day weekend we will open Edge Falls, the expansion of our 5 acre park featuring a FlowRider® wave machine, 22' tower slide, and Vince’s Watering Hole restaurant and bar.

Plan to visit us again during September once Texas children go back to school, you'll be able to enjoy the waterpark expansion without so many children!

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Hotel was wonderful, had a room on the first floor that opened into the garden. The staff was amazing! Always friendly and smiling. Had room service one night- the best chicken tortilla soup ever! Would definitelt go back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback from your recent Hill Country visit.

I was thrilled to see that you gave us a 5 star in service! Our Hill Country family is dedicated to ensuring that every guest has a memorable experience, and I am proud that we delivered that to you. I will share your tortilla soup comments with our culinary team!

I hope you will visit us over the summer, over Memorial Day weekend we will open Edge Falls, the expansion of our 5 acre park featuring a FlowRider®, 22' tower slide, and Vince’s Watering Hole; a full-service bar and Haute Dawg Haus!

Fayetteville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort while atteding a conference in San Antonio. The resort is absolutely beautiful. The staff was pleasant and attentive. While I did not eat at one of the hotel's restaurants, the food served at our conference was delicious. I would love to take my family to San Antonio and stay at the Hyatt Regency Resort again. The only negative was my room was humid (I stayed in late April) and even with the air set on 64 degrees it still felt humid. Otherwise, everythng was wonderful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your generous 5 star review of our service and cleanliness. We strive to provide a pristine and comfortable guestroom and delivering warm and welcoming hospitality.

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on your recent Hill Country visit. I apologize for the problems with the air-conditioning in your room and would welcome the opportunity to know the specific room number so I can have our engineering team service the unit.

I hope you will come back to visit us this summer. Over Memorial Day weekend we will open Edge Falls, the expansion of our 5 acre park featuring a FlowRider® wave machine, 22' tower slide, and Vince’s Watering Hole, a full-service bar and Haute Dawg Haus.

We look forward to welcoming you.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Spent 3 nights here for a conference. The grounds are lovely, and this was a great time to be here as the weather is not too hot yet. Had a massage at the wonderful spa - Karen was great. The hotel handled the conference functions well - no major issues. I didn't eat in either of the restaurants, but the food that was served at the conference functions was good. Only negatives were that my room overlooked the entrance so not a pretty view - was hoping for better as I'm a Gold Passport member; also, the toilet in my room was difficult to flush. The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever had! Would come back for vacation, and would be great for kids.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the grounds.
Green Features: As most Texas hotels are now doing, they give you the choice of reusing linens to conserve water.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
hyattlover, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for your generous 5 star review of our cleanliness and sleep quality. We strive to provide a pristine and comfortable guestroom and delivering warm and welcoming hospitality. I am pleased that we delivered that to you and your conference group.

I apologize for not being able to provide you with a better view during your stay, we value our loyal Hyatt Golf Passport members and I am sorry we did not adequately convey this to you. I will mention this oversight to our front desk staff to ensure that our members are offered the best views available.

We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed here with my husband for a conference. It was very nice..most of the staff were very nice:-) I only had one rude personnel who gave me an attitude when I asked for an extended check out time. However, I would stay here again..for vacation purposes.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
hyattlover, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review from your recent Hill Country visit. Please allow me to apologize on behalf of the resort for the lack of service you experienced at our front desk when requesting an extended check-out time. No excuses, we failed to meet your expectations and we failed to deliver the excellent service we are known for. I have alerted the supervisor and our front desk team will be given additional training to ensure that your experience is not repeated with another valuable guest.

I appreciate your generous 4 star review and willingness to visit us again.

I look forward to earning your trust again.

210-520-4022

Been to Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!