we were recently there for a conference for my husband and made it a mini vacation for the family...had a suite for us and our 2 kids and had another room for the inlaws. stayed 2 years ago and it was a nicer experience back then. this time, they were renovating and also training staff and overall experience was not great. staff were friendly and nice but something was missing from the whole experience. it felt more like a luxury motel stay rather than a resort experience
I have stayed a few years ago and this time, I felt like the stay was inferior to our last stay. I dont think it had anything to do with the construction going on but I did feel there were several issues. The entrance to the parking lot was blocked by construction so it was hard to get in and out and you had to walk over a piece of land/shrubs/dirt to get to the hotel..the hotel should have put a wooden plank for a makeshift side walk so people did not have to walk on the dirt and uneven flooring and ant hills. I saw an older woman trip and almost fall. Also the pools outside were freezing for us and I could hear others commenting on how cold the water was too..they shouldve turned the heat up. Our room was not made daily although it was supposed to made in the morning and again in the evening when they 'turn down' the bed. One of the days they came but on another day I had to call them to come. They did come and the maid was super nice and friendly. I ordered a few of the free amenities, and they sent me the wrong items and not the slippers I had requested. all staff were friendly and courteous and they had great activities for the children though some of them shouldve been moved inside due to weather being cold or rainy on one of the days. the buffet breakfast was great and they were able to make us some special allergen free items that we requested.
there were not enough outlets in the rooms and the living room of the suite. the few plugs in the living room were very hard to access and couldnt even plug in our cell phones or laptop to charge and had to do it in the bedroom. our tv turned on but did not change channels and the remote did not work. the AC/heat was fine if you put it on 'auto' or 'hi' but on 'low' it made loud noises that woke me up at night!! and this was in the suite!!!. They didnt come clean the room daily, one day I had to call to request it and only 1 night out of 3 they came and turned down the bed. we were supposed to stay for 4 nights but left after 3 nights because it was not as fun as we had thought it would be.
we had an electrical issue where we lost power in the main half of the main room of our suite for half the day...so I was unable to make coffee in the morning and was worried about my items in the fridge spoiling. the maintenance guys were nice and were able to supply an extension cord so the fridge could be on while they fixed the problem. several hours later, an electrician was able to come and fix the problem. we were comped a family buffet breakfast in the springhouse cafe which was very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Revel in the experience of true Texan hospitality at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa. This charming San Antonio luxury hotel indulges every sense with outstanding amenities for relaxing, playing, meeting, dining and enjoying the beautiful Texas Hill Country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, AAA Travel Services, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Hill Country Hotel San Antonio
- Hyatt San Antonio
- Hyatt Hill Country Resort San Antonio
- Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort
- Hyatt Regency San Antonio
- Hyatt Hill Country San Antonio
- Hilton Hill Country