“Nice Stay..!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa

You added Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   9800 Hyatt Resort Drive, San Antonio, TX 78251 (Far West Side)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Shopping Package
Ranked #20 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Edinburg, Texas
“Nice Stay..!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

My family and I stayed here in December. This is a very nice property that is currently undergoing a renovation. My children enjoyed the s'mores and kid activities. The cost to stay here is usually high (about $275 / night ), but we got a great price since it was the off-season - (only $115 / night) + $22 / night resort fee. Due to the cold weather, the front desk suggested that we visit their nearby sister resort (Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch) which has a heated pool with a slide. That was a nice addition to our stay. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. The rooms were clean, but the restroom was small. We are looking forward to the renovation. Also, they are installing a wave pool very soon...that should be real nice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
hyattlover, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post comments about your recent Hill Country vacation, I was pleased to see that your family enjoyed our many activities and nightly s'mores! I do hope you will visit us next year when we complete our 30 million dollar renovation and enhancement project. By October, 2013 we will have updated all guest rooms with new wall-coverings, flooring, beds, updated furniture and fresh tile in the bathrooms, added a FlowRider®, 22' tower slide restaurant and bar to our 4-acre water playground and added a 20,000 square foot ballroom as well as 11,000 square feet of outdoor event lawns and gardens.

I hope you will plan to visit us next fall to see all of the amazing upgrades and enhancements to the property!

210-520-4022

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Sanderson, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

My husband and I went for a convention right after new years. There was alot of construction going on, so I did not get to sleep in like I wanted to due to the banging on the above floor. The hotel was nice but I did not get to experience the spa facilities. It was snowing so I just relaxed around the hotel a bit during my down times. The staff was excellent and very accomodating including the valet to the maid service. I left a tip for the maid and received lots of goodies in my bathroom from the spa. The restaurant had a buffet in the morning that was good. There was a bar upstairs we went to that had peanuts you could throw on the floor as you ate them.
Overall it was nice, but I probably would not select this hotel unless I was needing to stay in the area.

Room Tip: All the 1st floor construction has been done..see if you can select a room on the first floor that i...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
hyattlover, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you to taking the time to share your thoughts from your recent stay, I appreciate you mentioning our incredible staff, we work very hard to deliver excellent service. Please accept my apologies for the sleeping interruption and inconvenience of our renovation and enhancement projects.

By October 2013 we will have updated all guest rooms with new flooring, beds, updated furniture and fresh tile in the bathrooms, added a FlowRider®, 22' tower slide restaurant and bar to our 4-acre water playground and added a 20,000 square foot ballroom as well as 11,000 square feet of outdoor event lawns and gardens. Our outdoors will be enhanced with additional lighting and landscaping.

I hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you again.

Melody Goeken
director of public relations
Maggie Valley, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We intended to stay in Greene, Texas but could not find a room. After searching Tripadvisor we picked this magnificent resort. I use to live in Texas and heard wonderful things about the Hyatt and was happy to experience it. The upside: room was very large and clean with a great view of the back courtyard. It's a wonderful place for families. The lazy river, although to cold while we were there, would be perfect for an afternoon of fun. The resort has many activities planned daily for kids and adults. Lots of trees, Texas landscape and walking areas. We golf so that was a bonus! The downside: The resort is a bit dated. The rooms and bar could use a makeover. The staff is friendly. The restaurant downstairs is not the best, food quality not top notch. However, this is a real jewel and we will return for the resort feel and activities offered. Again, the landscape all around is perfect. It is very close to Sea World.

Room Tip: Chose a room with a balcony towards the court yard if you would like to people watch otherwise for m...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
hyattlover, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you so much for providing your feedback from your recent visit to The Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa. Your detailed thoughts help us to identify areas where we can improve our overall guest experience.

I appreciate your feedback regarding your dining experience. The quality of our food is very important to us and I have shared your thoughts with our culinary team so they can address this area that fell short during your visit.

By October 2013 we will have updated all guest rooms with new flooring, beds, updated furniture and fresh tile in the bathrooms, added a FlowRider®, 22' tower slide restaurant and bar to our soon to be five-acre water playground and added a 20,000 square foot ballroom as well as 11,000 square feet of outdoor event lawns and gardens. Our outdoors will be enhanced with additional lighting and landscaping.

We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Mansfield, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went down for a four-day weekend in October to go to Sea World. Great time of the year to go!!!!! (I know I am a little late with the review). The Hyatt was nice, but smaller than I had imagined for some reason. Our room was nice, lovely view of the hill country, nice facilities, good food in the restaurant (buffet for breakfast and dinner - I gained 5 lbs), the hot tub was nice and one pool was heated although we thought it could have been warmer. There are a lot of activities for the kids: bicycles, Friday or Saturday night movies, s'mores etc.....
Our kids loved the hotel and Sea World was great at that time of the year - not too crowded and not too hot!

Room Tip: We liked the 4th floor - top floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I am thrilled and humbled with your generous 5 star review of your October visit.

I do hope you will visit when we complete our 30 million dollar renovation and enhancement project. By October we will have updated all guest rooms with new flooring, Grand beds, updated furniture and fresh tile in the bathrooms. We will have expanded our 4-acre water playground to 5 acres with the addition of a FlowRider®, 22' tower slide, and restaurant and bar as well as additional bathrooms. We are building an additional 20,000 square foot ballroom as well as 11,000 square feet of outdoor event lawns and gardens. Our outdoors will be enhanced with additional lighting and landscaping.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. Everything was exceptional...however, ther was construction going on during our stay, and when I made the reservations, I knew this, so i asked if at all possible, to be placed away from the reno's. I also replied to the email I received because it said to do so if I had any questions, etc. I mentioned this again, asking if I could please be away from the construction. We were directly under the construction. OK, that was fine...but it started every morning at 8am or earlier. It sounded like a family of large rats above us, and this went on all day. No, I did not complain to anyone while we were there becasue I got a good deal on the stay. I received a review survey and after filling it out, I was offered a room upgrade on my next stay so I could "see what the noise was all about." I would go back, but the regular price is a tad bit high. I just felt that sine they held almost $200 for incidentals, and that it was a nice hotel, that they would have put their customers away from any noises while they stayed. I am sure it will be nice and quiet in the summer when they are done.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post comments from your recent Hill Country visit. Given your experience, your four star review was extremely generous. Allow me to apologize on behalf of the resort for the inconvenience you experienced due to our enhancement project. We have taken many of our rooms out of service to have a buffer between guestrooms and the activity of the construction, obviously this did not work in your instance. I have shared your comments with our construction manager to see what else can be done to reduce the impact.

Once the various projects are completed we will have updated all guest rooms with new flooring, beds, updated furniture and fresh tile in the bathrooms, added a FlowRider®, 22' tower slide, poolside restaurant and bar to our 5-acre water playground and added a 20,000 square foot ballroom as well as 11,000 square feet of outdoor event lawns and gardens. Our outdoors will be enhanced with additional lighting and landscaping.

Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We were here for new years eve and two more nights. They had tons of activities for kids. We have stayed at JW Marriott Hill Country Resort and thought Hyatt Regency would be just like JW Marriott but this is more country country feel. As if you are deep in the woods. Different than what we had in mind but nice. Before booking i was told there would be no noise due to the construction going on in the hotel but to my surprise on Jan 2nd at 8am the construction noise woke us up. We called the front desk to let them know of the same but the answer we got was there are contractors working on the level above us. I think that was a bit disappointing. We had breakfast at one of their restaurants - can't remember the name - it was yummm. We were given an option to upgrade our room to a room with a balcony for a minimal charge and i think it was worth it. Sleep Quality i gave 3 points because something was strange about the headboard that my kids, me and my husband at some point hit our head on it and that hurt. Also, while getting off the bed, my kids would hurt themselves on their legs. Cleanliness and Rooms i gave 3 points again because for the high end Resort the fixtures on the sink and tub were rusted. I couldn't rate the spa as it was booked until the day we left.

Room Tip: Do not get a room in the section where construction is going on as the noise does bother.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
hyattlover, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post comments from your recent Hill Country visit. Allow me to apologize on behalf of the resort for the inconvenience you experienced due to our enhancement project. We have taken many of our rooms out of service to have a buffer between guestrooms and the activity of the construction, obviously this did not work in your instance. I have shared your comments with our construction manager to see what else can be done to reduce the impact to future guests.

I appreciate your generous five-star review of our service, our team loves what they do and many of them have been with us for many, many years.

Once the renovation is completed we will have updated all guest rooms, added a FlowRider®, 22' tower slide, poolside restaurant and bar to our 5-acre water playground and built a new 20,000 square foot ballroom with 11,000 square feet of outdoor event lawns and gardens.

I hope you will plan to visit us next fall to see all of the amazing enhancements to the resort!

Fort walton Beach, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This was a return trip for us. We last visited in 2005 and had many fond memories. We suspected this trip would be different due to the construction and it was. It just didn't have that "relaxed resort feel" but we still thoroughly enjoyed our brief stay. Staff members were all great and the resort facilities (not under construction) were in fine shape. We had a deeply discounted rate and were satisfied overall.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post comments from your recent Hill Country visit. Allow me to apologize on behalf of the resort for the inconvenience you experienced due to our enhancement project. We appreciate our return and loyal Hill Country guests!

210-520-4022

Been to Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!