My husband and I stay at the Hyatt every year for an extended weekend getaway. You will not be disappointed. It's hard to believe a place this luxurious yet family friendly is in the heart of San Antonio. You cannot see or hear anything outside of the resort...it's like it's in its own world.
The resort is very large, with a huge activity pool, quarter mile "lazy river," kid friendly beach and adults only pool and spa. There are waterfalls everywhere, and with the hotel spa and golf course, there is something for everyone. The resort offers activities for kids all day and night, and there's even an arcade/game room for kids, too.
TIP: The activity pool and river are fed by the nearby Guatalupe river so the water can be very, very cold. Book your trip in July for the warmest water. The water will be much colder in August, and just about unbearable in September. The adult pool is heated.
The spa is incredible. Treatments seem very expensive when you book - but keep in mind that you get to use the spa facilities for the whole day so make sure you get there at least an hour early. You will be glad you did.
The only downside to the resort is the food. Unfortunately, it's overpriced and not very good. However, just two exits down from the hotel at the intersection of Highways 410 and 151 lies an abundance of restaurants. Everything from fast food to delis to sit-down restaurants. All very good and very affordable, and tons of options. The poolside drinks at the resort are very good, but overpriced as well. Coolers are not allowed poolside.
As far as location, the resort is right across the street from Sea World and about 30 minutes from Fiesta Texas. Downtown San Antonio is about 15-20 minutes away. However, the resort is so relaxing you will have a very hard time prying yourself away from it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Revel in the experience of true Texan hospitality at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa. This charming San Antonio luxury hotel indulges every sense with outstanding amenities for relaxing, playing, meeting, dining and enjoying the beautiful Texas Hill Country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, AAA Travel Services, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Hill Country Hotel San Antonio
- Hyatt San Antonio
- Hyatt Hill Country Resort San Antonio
- Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort
- Hyatt Regency San Antonio
- Hyatt Hill Country San Antonio
- Hilton Hill Country