“Fabulous vacation with family, we've planned another trip!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa

You added Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   9800 Hyatt Resort Drive, San Antonio, TX 78251 (Far West Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Your Points
Ranked #6 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dallas, Texas
“Fabulous vacation with family, we've planned another trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

We wanted a 4/5 day getaway for spring break. San Antonio came highly recommended and the Hill Country looked like just the spot!

The pool was the family favorite by far. We all enjoyed the lazy winding river, which compares to any water parks river. The service at the poolside bar was great and the servers would bring food/drinks lounge side. We also loved the complimentary s'mores at the beachside firepit.

There were a ton of kids activities from soccer, rock climbing, sand castles, arcade night, volleyball, horseback riding...we had so much fun on property, we didn't want to leave to visit San Antonio. :-)

Mom enjoyed spa services that were exemplary. I loved the fact that the spa was in this fabulous little ranch/barn building set down a short path from all the excitement of the pool. It was relaxing and revitalizing.

The room service and restaurant food was great and comparably priced. The room cleanliness and service throughout the hotel was the exceptional level you can expect from a Hyatt property. We reserved a hypoallergenic room and it was so nice to not have to deal with hotel allergens during the visit, the air purifier was top notch.

This was an exceptional property and we are already planning our next trip! I would highly recommend for a family, couple or girlfriend weekend!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

A beautiful resort and spa. Traditional Texas Hill Country ambiance and all the luxuries. Wonderful grounds with delightful wildlife to be seen and it looks like a very family-friendly place. Great food in the restaurants. Can't believe it's so close to the city of San Antonio; feels like you're out in the country.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank goldieOK
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

We were pleasantly surprised at how kid friendly the hotel was. Lots of activities for the kids and the breakfast buffet pretty amazing. The resort itself was beautiful! We had a good time.

I do have two small criticisms of this hotel. 1. There was not enough pool chairs We got there at 9 am and there was not a chair to be had. It was Memorial Day but honestly, they should have had more chairs.
2. The pool design is not the best. When the pool areas are crowded, it makes it hard to access the lazy river without going through a heated basketball game or volleyball game. Not a big deal for an adult but we had two young kids and they got run over a few times.

Overall, a very good experience. We live within 10 minutes of this resort and may try to go again when its not a holiday.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
hyattlover, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
Thank you for your kind comments about the resort, I am so glad to read that your foster children had a great time with us! I must agree with you, even though I am somewhat biased, our breakfast buffet is amazing!!

I was sorry to hear about your pool experience. In checking our Memorial Day records, the hotel was sold out with the majority of our guests being families, which can lead to a very busy pool and water features area!

I hope you will allow us the opportunity to make up for your first experience. Mid-week, during non-holiday times may be a little less crowded and allow you and your family more room to explore.

We appreciate your feedback and I assure you I will share your comments at our next weekly management meeting.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

I received help from two different concierges. One, Luke, was unorganized and rude. Laura was sweet and very helpful. It is funny how people in the same department can have such different levels of effectiveness.

• Stayed May 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank arizonagolfer1
I apologize for your recent experience with our concierge staff and so appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. We strive to provide friendly and warm service to every guest, and I am sad to read that you felt that one of our associates did not deliver that to you.

I can assure you that your comments are taken very seriously and will be discussed with the entire concierge team.

Your feedback is most appreciated.

Director of Public Relations
Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa
Augusta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

Pricelined this trip. First of all I was charged 600 on my card for incidentals. LOL it was prepaid. After my iphone was taken, it was not returned to me until I threatened to call the police. The bellman groped me. After this ordeal, I was given points to my Hyatt card and dinner.

Almost 3 months later, on the weekend of May 20th, my credit card was charged again for 86.00. The manager, stated that it was due to Priceline not charging me enough for the room and that "this happens all the time" After several complaints I finally got my money back. I used to love Hyatt and would recommend Hyatt to friends and family. Not now, at lease not this hotel.

• Stayed March 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank BabaGal
tripper1919, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 27, 2011
On behalf of the Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort & Spa, I wanted to express my sincerest apologies for concerns that transpired during your stay.

My sincerest apologies for the additional charge that was placed on your credit card.
Secondly, my apologies for the delay in retrieving your iPhone. This should have been handled more expeditiously and we have credited your Gold Passport account as a gesture of goodwill.

Last of all, the charge of $86.98 was a charge in Springhouse Cafe for dinner on the night of March 4th. It was erroneously charged to Priceline.com. Our Front Office Manager has remove this charge as well as the rest of your charges from credit card on file. This should not have happened, and I am sorry that we made this mistake.

We have also sent a second e-mail to you with a copy of the new folio showing all charges have been adjusted. It is the least I can do for the concerns you brought to our attention.

Please feel free to contact me directly at the below number if you need to to discuss the situation further.

We hope to re-earn your business and to welcome you back to the Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa.

Jeff Babcock
Executive Assistant Manager-Rooms
Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort & Spa
9800 Hyatt Resort Drive
San Antonio, Texas 78251
Tel: 210-520-4012
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

The service is fabulous and the grounds are remarkable. The lazy river pool circles around the entire grounds, has a one mile nature walk also on location, kids bikes and adult bikes to rent and great conference rooms. Totally enjoyed the stay! Brought family along and this is idyllic for kids.

Room Tip: Always shoot for the corner.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your family's recent experience at the Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa. I am so glad to read that you had a great time with us. We hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

This was an amazing weekend. Upon check in, they upgraded us to the "Sunday House" which is a separate house on the property. It has porches with rocking chairs, 2 extremely large bedrooms with their own baths, a kitchen, dining room, living room and powder room. It has a picket fenced yard that kept 18 month old in. Every request that we asked for was a yes - we even asked for a golf cart to use. They made us feel extremely special. We missed samores and went to enquire at the concierge desk who sent us to Camp Hyatt and they had waiting for us our own kit which we took back to the house and used the gas grill to toast the marshmallows. The food was more than we anticipated. The grounds were beautiful and we did not want to leave. The house could easily accomodate a large, extended family. Management should be commended for trainging the staff to the level that makes it seem effortless.

Room Tip: Just ask!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SaraLWatts
I am so thrilled to read about your Sunday House experience! We are so proud of it and it does offer a fabulous vacation with all of the comforts of home. I so appreciated your kind word about our Hill Country family. Each of us are dedicated to making each guest feel welcome and appreciated and I am proud to know that you experienced that level of service firsthand.

I hope you will plan to visit us again very soon, so we can welcome you home.