“Excellent!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #101 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Odessa, Texas, Usa
“Excellent!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We booked the hotel with Priceline.com and was so excited that we actually got the room we had booked. I have booked places and they end up giving our king size bed room to someone else, and always end up with double beds...This was such a nice surprise to be able to get a King room with Incredible views! The balcony was nice, wasn't too loud despite only being on the 3rd floor. The staff was very friendly and immediately made us feel welcome. The room was so comfortable and pretty; very contemporary! We didn't eat at the restaurant, but we did go to the bar, and that was nice, pretty reasonable prices. The Riverwalk was literally only steps away, but all the popular places were a good distance away from where we were...not too bad though because we enjoy walking. The only downfall was the parking, it was a small garage but it was secure, and the price was about 10 dollars a night cheaper than the other hotels we have stayed at. Overall I think this was our favorite stay out of all the Hotels we have stayed at near the riverwalk.

Room Tip: If at all possible, get a room with a balcony view of the river!! You will not regret it.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Columbus, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel when we were visiting San Antonio for a youth gathering. There were 3 of us in a room with a King size bed and pull out couch. Would have preferred 2 king size beds.

Reception for phones was a problem for our group in this hotel. We didn't have good coverage for receiving or sending phone calls. Our rooms were not ready when we arrived.

It was about a 30 minute walk to the convention center and dome. The scenery outside the hotel is very pretty. We enjoyed our walks along the river. The room attendants did a nice job keeping the rooms cleaned up each day. They have a breakfast/snack bar that was great for youth to get food in the morning or for snacks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the river walk. Our room just looked out at surrounding rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
San Gabriel, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Everything went great from checking to checkout. The staff was extremely helpful with good instructions when we spent day out of town. Room was clean with very nice view of the river. No noise at night since it is around corner from main part of Riverwalk. if you want carpeted floors, this is not the place for you, hardwood floors seem cleaner than walking on carpets where who knows what has been spilled! Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for river view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

To start off, I was staying for business with a large group. Check in was fine and my room was ready early. When I arrived, there are faux hardwood floors in the room so you can see every ball of lint or hair that wasn't swept up. The floor was dirty, but I wear flip flops in hotel rooms anyway. I went to the fitness facility and experienced a foul smelling room with most equipment not functioning at all or damaged. After the workout, I went back to my room for a shower. When I grabbed a towel, there was a huge hairball in it. Luckily , there were others that appeared clean.
We used the conference facility and it was SO hot. The glasses were banged up and murky looking, there's only a very small restroom so there was a line during every break.
Basically, if I had spent my own money I would've been extremely ticked off at the lack of quality for the price.

• Stayed July 2013
HolidayInnRiverwalk, Administrative Assistant at Holiday Inn Riverwalk, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to review your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate you bringing these cleanliness issues to our attention, and would like to humbly apologize for falling short of your expectations during your time here. Our ultimate goal is to provide a clean and restful environment for our valued guests, and we deeply regret falling short of that during your stay.

I would love to discuss this further with you. Please do not hesitate to contact me at your convenience.

Thanks,

210-224-2500 x 500.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

The decor has been updated nicely. Our room was spacious, clean, we had a view and also a fridge. The location is wonderful! We ordered room service breakfast and it arrived on time and hot. The pool is a little small but clean and nice. We will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnRiverwalk, ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT at Holiday Inn Riverwalk, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us! I was so happy to read that you enjoyed your time here! We hope to host you again the next time your plans include the Alamo City.

Best Regards,

210-224-2500 x 500
Torrance, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The location was exactly what we were looking for; it's right on the Riverwalk. Our main concern was the noise from the bars and restaurants. We never had a problem with the noise. On the other hand we were a little disappointed that there was no carpet and no refrigerator in our room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Riverwalk, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Hartes62012,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. We strive to ensure all of our guests needs are met and we are pleased to know that our location were to your liking and contributed to making your stay that much more comfortable. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered with your room accommodation. Rest assured that we take all comments and suggestions to heart so that we can improve and provide the exceptional service that our guests expect and deserve.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I reserved 2 riverview rooms on line and prepaid. I am scheduled to arrive this weekend. I decided to see if I could switch to a suite. The suites are available, the type of rooms I have is sold out. It would cost more to have one suite versus 2 rooms, but I am willing to pay more. I called the hotel but got transferred to the reservation call center. I was told that there was no way I could change my reservation since I prepaid. They said there are no cancellations. I pointed out that I am not canceling, I am trying to pay more for the same 2 nights. They said yes but you would have one suite instead of 2 rooms, so you are canceling. It was absurd.

I asked the reservations person if she was at the property, and she tried to make it sound like she was. When I pressed her for the answer about three times she admitted that she wasn't. I don't know why she was trying to hide the fact, especially when she clearly could not answer a basic question about the rooms without quoting the website.

So what I know so far is that customer satisfaction is not high on their list. I sure hope it gets better when I arrive!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnRiverwalk, Administrative Assistant at Holiday Inn Riverwalk, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for providing us with details of your reservation experience. On behalf of the staff and management here at the Holiday Inn Riverwalk, I'd like to humbly extend an apology for the confusion, and for the misinformation.

I'd love to make this right for you, and for the opportunity to discuss this with you further. Please feel free to call me at a time that is convenient for you. I hope to have the pleasure of your reply.

210-224-2500 x 500

Been to Holiday Inn Riverwalk? Share your experiences!