“Quality Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Lodge Fort Sam Houston

You added Budget Lodge Fort Sam Houston to your Saves list
Budget Lodge Fort Sam Houston
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3855 N. PanAm Expressway, San Antonio, TX 78219 (Formerly Quality Inn & Suites Near Fort Sam Houston)   |
Ranked #199 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Long Beach, California
“Quality Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My mother and I recently visited San Antonio to visit relatives. We stayed at the Quality Inn and I have to say from the moment we walked in the front lobby the customer service was outstanding. Every employee was with a smile and eager to help you with whatever you needed. The rooms were beautiful and clean as well as the outside. There was plenty property there and every inch was maintained. There was a family there holding their annual family reunion and I observed the workers tending to the every need with a smile. I just never experienced a hotel that made me feel like I was part of their family and an enjoyable stay for me was what the whole staff made #1. Will surely be coming back to Quality Inn & Suites on my next trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a poolside room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Qualitytx901, Front Office Manager at Budget Lodge Fort Sam Houston, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Quality Inn & Suites thank you for choosing to stay with us. We pride ourselves in making sure our entire guest have a pleasant visit when coming into San Antonio. Look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I had a Birthday Bash here for my 22nd Birthday, I had it in their ballroom, which wasbig vey roomy had more than enough room to host my party.They were very helpful and friendly here made me feel like home. Room was nice and comfortable, loved the big hugging beds they were nice and comfortable. Diffently would be coming back I rate this hotel five stars. THANK YOU!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to have your birthday party with us at Quality Inn& Suites. We’re glad that we were able to accommodate for you and your guest. We look forward to you having your birthday party next year with us.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

My wife was air evac'd to Brooks Army Medical Center. This place is just down the road. Upon getting here we ask the price. We were quoted $79 but we said we were here because of military medical emergency and they knocked half the price. The rooms had everything we needed and the AC was awesome. Definately worth the price we got and its great the support they give our wounded warriors.

• Stayed June 2013
Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This Review is based on a ONE Night Stay/Travel through for ONE Person One Bed Room;

I was traveling across the Country, and upon coming into San Antonio; I just needed a place to rest My Head, but didn't want the lower rung of the Ladder Hotel's......

I have stayed at Quality's before; knew from previous location's, what to expect....

from Check-In to Check-Out, staff was VERY Pleasant (treat those, how You wish to be treated)

I was set up with a Room that was set back from the Front Lobby, so Road/Traffic Noise was NOT an issue

My Room was spacious, but I had concerns with being able to keep My Curtain Closed....to eliminate Outside Light distractions, as well as maintain My level of Privacy !!!

The Bathroom/Shower was good size.....had the basic necessities (Shampoo/Soap, plenty of Towels)

This Hotel had a BIG Hot Breakfast complimentary to one's stay, but I did NOT get to take advantage of it (sleep had taken presidence)

I would stay at this Hotel again if I was traveling through

Hope this Review Helps
ENJOY YOUR TRAVELS !!!

Room Tip: Hotel is off from Hwy, so be aware of where Your Room Location is, in case You're a Day-Sleeper...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for business, for a couple days in March 2013. I am a fan of the choice hotel chain and this hotel was in the right spot and had decent pricing. Rooms are normal size and the bed was quite comfortable.

Overall, it was a decent place to stay, but dated and there are some areas that could be improved. Internet could be better. Stayed at a lot of choice hotels and most have very solid WiFi signal and good speed. That was not the case here. The signal could be quite weak and I tried it in a couple locations around the grounds. Also, it went dead and the people at the front desk said they could re-set the system. Keep that in mind if you have trouble with the internet at this location.

More problems in the cleanliness department. This hotel needed a very substantial update including some new carpet and drapes. This hotel is the style where you enter the room from outside. there is a floor to ceiling window next to the door and the drapes are essential to keep some privacy. While i was in the room i could adjust the drapes - put them over the door stop at the top of the door - so there was no way to see in the room. When you left the room it is impossible to set the drapes this way and people walking by can see in to the room. Not good.

The door mechanism was also interesting. You have to lift the handle and then push down. It took some trial runs to determine this and i mentioned it at the front desk. They explained that you had to follow this procudure, but that was after i had figured it out. The door lock mechanism was not in good shape at all. One solid push and it would have caved in.

Some door moldings, shower and walls were chipped, deteriorating etc. and in need of replacement or repair. For me, for business, this was not a big deal, but it would not be accceptable to my wife for anything other than a single night stay with no other choices. There are other hotels nearby. I got a room for a decent price and it has good freeway (I-35) access to downtown. really, this probably should be an overall rating of 2 rather than three, but the staff seemed to be trying their best.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We've been staying at Quality Inn & Suites since it was Clarion Hotel & Suites. It's center of San Antonio. Close to all major expressway. We've had no complaints we had wonderfull service the times we stay and we stay at Quality Inn quite a bit. Our room has always been ready. Of course with technology who's not going to have computer problems. We've encounterded some problems at Hotel due to computer problems but, that's beyond our control and hotel staff has always taking care of us. The breakfast hits the spot when your on the go. We enjoy stying there the staff treats us like family..

Room Tip: THE SUITES!! We love them!!! Eigher side or eigher oom suite is perfect
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
San Angelo, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

My friend and I arrived at the hotel for check in at about 4, (check in is at 3) and our room and the rooms of about six other parties weren't ready because of a "glitch" in the computer reservations. Things happen, we understood- so we decided to leave and come back later.

We got back around 7 and our room still wasn't ready. A manager type (maroon shirt) came to the desk clerk's aid and got us a room. We were in the room for about thirty minutes when a family of four knocked on our door claiming that our room was theirs. The hotel booked the room twice. On top of that, the electricity went out every ten minutes give or take throughout the entire stay. I called the front desk to make sure it wasn't just our room and the clerk offered no apology or explanation except "Yes, we're having electricity issues." He promptly hung up the phone. Since we were stuck there, we tried to sleep- but our nightmare didn't end.

A member of the hotel staff tried to come into our room at 2 A.M unannounced!!!! The lights were out and we were trying to sleep. They called the room phone AFTER this and claimed that they had no "record" of anyone staying in the room. I verified my information and they quickly admitted the mistake- but once again, no apology, just- "Oh, I see you now," and the desk clerk quickly hung up.

The breakfast was alright, but it would have been nice to take a decent shower after a near sleepless night (air conditioner went on and off with the power so it didn't stay cool) Unfortunately, the room had no towels but hand towels and the hotel would not provide any- even after we asked for them 3 times over the phone. I went to the front desk to ask for them directly and they claimed they didn't have any to spare at the moment.
Naturally, they were never delivered.

This hotel is understaffed and poorly managed. There were two nice female clerks but the male clerk was quite brash and unapologetic. The room was fairly clean but there was paper trash on the floor when we arrived.

I've stayed in a huge assortment of hotel/motel's. This was my absolute worst experience. It was waaaaay overpriced considering the lack of privacy, comfort, and decent service. However, these problems can all be fixed by hiring a dependable staff and overseeing them with capable management.

I'd say skip this hotel for the time being- hopefully it will improve with time in six months or so?

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
RbDipCj, Front Office Manager at Budget Lodge Fort Sam Houston, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Quality Inn & Suites would like apologize for the inconvenience you encounter with your stay. We strive to provide you with the best possible service, and when you feel that it fails to meet your expectations, it’s important for us to know.This past weekend was very busy and full to the max all weekend. Each and every staff membr works very hard to ensure a pleasant stay.Your patronage is important to us, and we hope that you’ll give us opportunities to make it up to you.