“Could have been great.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton San Antonio Airport

You added Four Points by Sheraton San Antonio Airport to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton San Antonio Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8818 Jones Maltsberger Road, San Antonio, TX 78216 (Formerly Casa Linda San Antonio) (Uptown Broadway)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #47 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Houston, United States
“Could have been great.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

This is a nice hotel in a convenient location but they miss opportunities to be great. I was staying at the hotel. I had a ton of editing work to complete, so when I left at 9 in the morning I asked for housekeeping early. I told them I would be returning in two hours.

I actually did not return to the hotel for five hours. At two in the afternoon, housekeeping still had not been to my room. When I called to ask when they would be there, the front desk personnel were rude. I talk to the housekeeper and she said she hadn't serviced my room because she thought I had checked out.

I went to the reception desk and talked to the clerk with whom I had originally made the request and they still treated my request like burden although he acknowledge that I had made the request earlier. The other receptionist refused to even ask when the room would be service until I pressed. So I waited and waited in the lobby to get back in my room. I waited for over an hour.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Kevin K, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear Margaret F,

Thank you for your review. We're pleased you enjoyed our facilities, but regret to hear about your dissatisfaction regarding our guest service experience. We appreciate your feedback and will review this with our internal teams.

Thank you for staying with us. We hope you will give us a chance to make this up to you in the future. Take care!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

spent a single night at the hotel on a business trip. clean and comfortable. I had breakfast down in the hotel restaurant, food was good, overall found the hotel a good value for the money spent and will definitely stay at this location again when in SA.

Room Tip: get a main level room is possible
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Kevin K, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear mjackson9548,

Thank you for the great review - we're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come back soon! Take care!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

The staffs are so nice.. they helped us a lot..the hotel is quite beautiful as well..the decoration is a bit different..it is more calming and homey style.. I love this hotel very much..but the did not provide a bus shuttle to San Marcos outlet.. we had to hire a cab which is quite expensive..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
TLozano, Starwood Hotels and Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Asyura85,

Thank you so much for sharing your positive comments on your recent stay. I am so glad you enjoyed your accommodations and thank you for recognizing our amazing staff. We hope you come back and stay with us again soon!
Bemidji, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I didnt stay here long. Just needed a place to sleep overnight for an early morning flight. But I was really impressed. I has just stayed a few days at a hotel south of San Antonio, paid more and got less. I stayed here, got a fantastic deal, paid less and got more. So, that alone made me happy.

I can't speak for all of the ammenities, as I wasnt able, nor did I have time, to take advantage. But, I would've paid more if I had to. The room was very clean. The bed extremely comfortable! The pillows were like sleeping on clouds and you get more than 2, which was perfect for me. It had a very modern feel, which I like and a microwave, refrigerator and coffee pot.

The staff: I didnt meet a lot of them due to my extremely short stay, but the few I did meet were very helpful and friendly. And the shuttle service to the airport was just perfect. I didnt wait long and the driver was just awesome and kind and very helpful.

Room Tip: For being on ground level and (room 119) I didnt hear a peep from outside noise or from anyone else...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear DeeDot34,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay. I am so glad you enjoy your guest room, amenities and had an overall short but comfortable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

This was my second stay and the hotel continues to perform well. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the free wifi works very well. There is a good work space in the room and the business area in the lobby was good. The bar area is excellent with great service and good food - try the shrimp tacos - great dish. There are a couple of restaurants within walking distance - but, the bar area had excellent food at very good prices. The shuttle was good - about a ten minutes wait each way. I am not sure what chain had this building prior to Four Points, but, they did a good job adding power outlets and room layout.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
TLozano, Starwood Hotels and Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear engineer64,

Thank you for sharing your helpful feedback. We are glad you are continuing to enjoy experiences with us. We hope you to decide to stay with us again soon.
Rowlett, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Check in was smooth and the staff was friendly. Room was clean with a little more work space than some hotels. Same great Sheraton pillows and gym.

I ended up having to stay an extra day. They had no room for me so I had to find another hotel. Not their fault though. They offered their assistance finding another location.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Lots of activity on the main floor. People tend to smoke on the way to the entrance. I would select...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Tracy F,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay. I am so glad you enjoyed your guest room and our hotel features. While apologize we could not accommodate your change in plans, we do hope you stay with us again soon.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

We only needed to stay 1 night and were looking for something reasonably priced, but had enough amenities and a decently sized room. We found the perfect place in Four Points.

I'm a SPG Platinum, so they gave us a suite for the night (slightly larger room, though not a full bedroom with separate living room). We were also welcomed with complimentary breakfast buffet the next morning for 2.

The room was super clean and bright. The hotel feels really new and fresh. We'd definitely come back.

The one odd theme we found was that there were warning signs around the parking lot about (Park at your own risk, etc) and the door on our hotel room had a warning to deadbolt the door when you were in the room. Not sure what happened but seems like safety was an issue at one point.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
TLozano, Starwood Hotels and Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Songer5,

Thank you so much for writing about your recent stay. I am so glad you enjoyed your accommodations and I hope to you stay with us again soon.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton San Antonio Airport? Share your experiences!