“Very nice staff, and the pillows are the BEST!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton San Antonio Airport

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton San Antonio Airport to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton San Antonio Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8818 Jones Maltsberger Road, San Antonio, TX 78216 (Formerly Casa Linda San Antonio) (North Central)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #82 of 350 hotels in San Antonio
San Diego, California
“Very nice staff, and the pillows are the BEST!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Best bargain in SAT. Rooms are spacious, an pillows are 1st Class! I'm going back next week.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

89 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Dallas, Tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Clean facilities - hotel and parking lot. Great service from staff. Clean rooms - no smell, no gunk. Comfortable bed and pillows. Try to stay away from ice machines and exits, to prevent noise. The airport is not a problem, you will not notice it. Very central location lots of things are nearby - Wal-mart, the mall, places to eat, all within 2 miles. Quarry with food and entertainment - less than 5 miles. Downtown stuff is only 15 min drive down 281. Las Canteras also like 15 mins dive. Overall a great stay, it delivers more than you expect for the price. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from ice machines and exits, to prevent noise.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

Let me start by saying I was very skeptical about staying close to the airport because I thought I was going to have planes flying over my head all night. Not so. As a standard feature of my king room I had a balcony that I could walk out and sit on that overlooked the outdoor pool. Nice. Room was cleaned well each day. The free bottles of water each day is a big deal with temps soaring over 100 degrees each day in San Antonio. The location is close to everything...nothing was more than a 10min drive...even getting to downtown. Now their only room for improvement is their restaurant...they suck. I ordered room service my food came up quick and cold...eggs were runny though asked to scramble hard. Restaurant service didnt yield any better. But dont let that discourage you because Cracker Barrel is 2min down the street, Applebees is across the street, if you want something a little more upscale Ruth Chris and Morton Steakhouse oh and Fogo De Chao are 10min downtown. Shopping at Quarry Market was great, the movies are there, spa, great shops for practically anyone. So location is prime. Staff super nice and courteous.

• Stayed June 2012
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I was very impressed by this hotel. It is a brand new building with all of the modern amenities associated with that. Room was a bit on the small side, but was spotless and well appointed. The lobby made a great first impression and the front desk staff was extremely polite, pleasant and accommodating.

This hotel also has a great outdoor pool and hot tub area, though it could use some umbrellas for some shady areas, as it is completely exposed to the blistering Texas sun!

Overall I would definately stay here again, especially for the great rate I got through the Starwood Perferred Guest program!

• Stayed June 2012
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

My fiance and I stayed here last weekend and it was great. We traveled to San Antonio from Dallas for a mini vacation from our hectic lives. We didn't want to spend much on a hotel room and we didn't. The place that we picked before this hotel was horrible! So I had got on the phone and called Aloft hotels and the agent informed me that all rooms were booked (Spurs vs Lakers game attendees lol) but she recommended this hotel. When we got here the ladies who assisted us were great! Not only did they give us a good rate, they also helped us become SPG members! Our room was clean and we heard very little racket from the many children running around. The only things we didn't like were the prices of the sodas from the machine ($2.00), the pool closed at 10pm and the housekeepers seemed to be a little too laid back. We understand that people need a break but when we left to go shopping at 1030am, we noticed the houskeepers cleaning rooms and when we returned at 0415pm, they hadn't reached our room. They were standing in front of the door talking and joking and advised us to wait 20 mins. We did and they were finished when we walked in. Wonder how long it would've taken if we had stayed all along! But everything ran smoothly and we will definitely stay here again in the future!

FYI: THOSE PICTURES PEOPLE SENT IN AREN'T OF THE HOTEL! I THINK THAT'S BEST WESTERN!!

Room Tip: Get room on second floor, which you'll have access to patios, lobby, bar, and front desk
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

Let me start by saying that my family and I travel often, mostly for pleasure. We've stayed at many hotels across the country and never encountered such poor service at the front desk. We arrived later in the day, after having flown into Dallas and drove for 5 hours. We were tired and weary from our travel. I had won 2 rooms from Priceline at the Four Points. I don't book all of our hotels through Priceline, but well aware of their policy with one bed. Upon checking in, I requested for one room with two beds. The front desk REFUSED to give me a room with two beds, saying they have none available and stating repeatedly that it's a Priceline policy eventhough there are four of us in one room. She stressed that we can pay for 2 cots at the price of $10 each per night.

Normally this was not the case in any hotel I've won with Priceline. Most hotels do honor my request for two beds. I was too tired at this point to continue with the nonsense and asked to speak to the manager. The manager was more understanding and offered us a room with a pull-out sofa, all complimentary.

The hotel is new, very nice and clean. We got a room facing the pool and the noisy freeway. Since I had such a hard time requesting a room with two beds, I didn't bother asking for a quieter room. Would I stay at this hotel again? NO! First impression left a sour taste in my mouth. I'll skip Priceline and just book with directly with Drury Inn or Hampton Inn next time. I know my requests will be honored, and I'll be getting a room with guaranteed two beds, complimentary breakfast, and better front desk attitude.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Let me begin this review by stating that I consider myself a positive and fair person and not one with unrealistic expectations or the need to be given special treatment or catered to. My husband and I travel often, sometimes for business, but mostly for pleasure, and of the tripadvisor reviews I've written so far, this is the first review I've given with a rating of less than a 4. This specific trip was for pleasure and took us through 12 states in 13 days. Of those 13 days, 6 of our overnight stays were for only one night and this was one of those. With that being said, let me begin with the "good" aspect of this review. The hotel is brand new and impressive in appearance. The lobby, covered outdoor patio, pool, dining/bar area...all beautiful. My husband said that check-in was easy and that the young lady who checked him in was very efficient and friendly. We stayed in a first-floor room which was beautifully furnished in contemporary decor with clean, modern lines. The room was huge and immaculate. I initially had some concerns that it might be noisy because (a) the outdoor pool was so close by and (b) as we were going to our room, there were 4 inebriated college-aged guests (who had earlier been in the pool) who were shouting and screaming as they "rode" the luggage carts, in wet bathing suits, down the hallways. However, once we got inside our room, we thankfully didn't hear a thing.

Now for the "bad." When we went to check out the next morning, there was only one desk clerk - a different one than the night before - who was neither friendly nor efficient. Granted, she was attending to one other guest, but as we and several other guests waited...and waited...and waited...she never once glanced up, acknowledged our presence, said "I'll be with you in a just a moment..." nothing. All we wanted, or needed, to do was turn in our room key, so we ended up just leaving it on the front desk because we needed to get on the road. Even when we did that, she never looked up.

And lastly, the "ugly." Since we had so may one-night stays on this trip, I planned accordingly and had an overnight bag packed with everything I needed for that night and the next day so I wouldn't have to haul in all of my luggage every night. In that bag was a brand-new nightshirt I'd purchased just for this trip, and when we got to our next location, I realized that I'd left my nightshirt hanging on the hook of the bathroom door at the Four Points by Sheraton San Antonio Airport. My husband immediately called the Sheraton to tell them about the item I'd left behind and the gentleman who answered the phone said there was nothing of that description in the lost & found. Evidently he couldn't be bothered with checking with housekeeping to see if they had found the item, nor did he take down our name or phone number to call us back in case it happened to show up later. So I waited for a couple of days and I called the hotel again. This time I asked to speak to the manager and was transferred to his voicemail. When the manager returned my call and I reiterated my story to him about the item left behind and how disappointed I was that it seemed to have "disappeared," he rather abruptly told me to at least give him the chance to look into it and that he'd get back with me. I distinctly got the impression that he couldn't get me off the phone quickly enough. Tomorrow it will be TWO WEEKS since I spoke with the manager and have yet to hear anything back from him... So, I don't know which scenario is more disturbing: (1) the fact that my nightshirt "disappeared;" (2) the fact that the manager DID possibly look into the matter, didn't find it and didn't want to admit that it "disappeared" so just didn't bother to call back; or (3) the fact that he just never bothered to look into the matter at all! Guess we'll never know. It's said that the type of staff an organization has is a reflection of the management, which speaks volumes in this instance. Only 1 employee that exhibited good customer service skills out of 4 employees is not an optimal statistic.

In conclusion, the reason this hotel is only getting a rating of 2 simply boils down to a complete lack of customer service skills--especially those you would expect in a hotel of this calibre--and a total breach of trust. My husband and I are Starwood owners and Gold members so it's especially disappointing for us to experience this. We love San Antonio and have stayed at the Westin Riverfront before, but wanted to give the Sheraton Four Points a try this time; however, there will not be a next time for us. Although we won't be returning, I do hope that the management and staff of this hotel get their acts together. This hotel is far too beautiful and has too much to offer in amenities and location to let a reputation for poor customer service destroy it. So, to wrap up this review on a positive note, I just want to say how thankful I am that all I left behind was a nightshirt and not my camera, video recorder, laptop or iPhone :-) And for the readers who do end up choosing to stay at this hotel, I hope that your experience is a positive one, but please make sure you have all of your belongings BEFORE you check out!

Room Tip: Higher rooms; rooms on the side away from the swimming pool & highway.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Points by Sheraton San Antonio Airport? Share your experiences!