“Better inside than out...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel San Antonio Northwest / I-10

You added Embassy Suites Hotel San Antonio Northwest / I-10 to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel San Antonio Northwest / I-10
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7750 Briaridge Drive, San Antonio, TX 78230 (Northwest Side)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #129 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
“Better inside than out...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

It has been about 15 years between stays at this particular location and in that time, San Antonio has buried this once perfect site in the mire of highway interchanges and sprawl. The mood surrounding this place reminded me of the term "NUTS!" (see Gen. Anthony McAuliffe).
Once inside, however, the Embassy Suites atmosphere removed it all and the self-contained serenity of their little villa was what I like so much about them. The suite was clean and comfortable, the service was good, and the breakfast is always worthy of a tip and a nap. So...
For views and that good old San Antonio feel. No!
For business, centralized convenience to attractions, and a nice stay. You bet!
Good job Embassy Suites! Remember the Alamo! Or Bastogne... either way.

• Stayed December 2013
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel San Antonio Northwest / I-10, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
We appreciate you staying with us and your comments regarding the inside and outside our the hotel. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Monterrey, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

I usually stay at ES in MacAllen because of the heated pool. I made reservations at the Sanantonio ES and asked if the pool was heated, they said yes. Upon arrival on the 23rd, I asked if the pool was heated, they said yes. I went into the pool with my kids ages 6 and 9 and the pool was freezing, we had to get out and of course my daughter was very upset and crying as she could not get in. I asked the front desk if they could hear the pool and they said yes (also told me that the pool was at 82F, obviously a lie). Next morning (the 24th) it was the same (very cold) but they said they were fixing it and it would take some time to warm up. On the 26th I saw maintenance worked near the pool and I asked them what what's happening, they told me that they were changing the heat pump. Finally on the night of the 26th the water was not freezing, only cold. This ruined most of the vacation for my kids who were looking forward to using the pool and my daughter got a cold.

Following is another incident that happened. When I checked in, I asked the receptionist if or when I needed to tell them if I wanted to stay an extra day and she said not to worry, that I could tell them the same day. Because my kids barely used the pool I decided to stay an extra night so on the 27th I call the front desk to let them know I was planning on staying an extra night. To my surprise the manager, Mr. Diaz told me that there were no rooms available and that I would have to leave their property. If I would have known this upon arrival I would have made a reservation in another hotel, but I didn't because the receptionist said it was ok. I complained to Mr. Diaz about this and the fact that the pool was freezing and he couldn't care less...."nothing I can do" he said.

Luckily I was able to stay that extra night at the Omni Canonndale, their pool was warm, nice facilities and excellent service.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
I would like to apologize for the pool situation. Unfortunately the pool heater went out and due to the holidays, took a couple of days to repair. I'm sorry if you felt our staff didn't handle this issue to your satisfaction. Hopefully you will give us another opportunity to service you in the future.
McAllen, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Excellent service always enjoy the manager recp, great staff, and shuttle support. Ease to the airport and local rest if you need a ride and also several places to deliver. and too much noise from the airport -

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
It's wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your return visit!
phoenix
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

I have been staying at this embassy suites for 8 years; it must be one of the original ones in the chain and still has it spanish tile floors and fountain in the atrium. The room size is decent, however, I hate hotels that place the sink as part of the bedroom. A sink belongs in the bathroom with the tub/shower and everything else.

The food quality I think has changed over the years; the snacks that the embassy is serving a reception hour are rock bottom; goldfish and chips. I think they need to be upgraded.

Breakfast omlettes are great in the morning, but once again the quality of coffee in the main reception area is poor.

Another important point; if you are not familar with this specific part of San Antonio; selecting the correct exit on I-10 or 410, may be a little confusing. Please check and double check your maps, because you can see the property, but getting to it especially at night may give you a little challenge.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel San Antonio Northwest / I-10, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
I appreciate you staying with us and your feedback. We look forward to the opportunity to host you again in the future.
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Don't know why so much fuss, great hotel, staff, location, rooms and more than enough room for everyone at breakfast w/ a huge spread. Easy access to busiest parts of the river walk (no more than a 5min walk). Recomend valet parking however. Lot accross the street is just as much and the two truck is there waiting to take cars away if they are there more than 24hrs. Enjoy!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel San Antonio Northwest / I-10, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and we are glad you enjoyed your weekend getaway! We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Ontario, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

This is an old embassy suites, however they have done a great job in renovation their rooms. The rooms are very big (2 room suites) and very comfortable. They have a free cooked to order breakfast and free happy hour in the evening. Location is great right off the 40 freeway.

The gym was excellent, couple of treadmills, free weights, med. balls and swiss ball.

My only complaint was that the water in the indoor pool was cold.

Room Tip: Choose room away from freeway
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel San Antonio Northwest / I-10, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate your comments! We will also look into the pool water being cold. We look forward to your return visit.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this Hotel few days and I enjoyed so much that I even told him that some one should invest on marketing a living quarter just like this one with all the amenities! Oh, Yes!! I can live here !! Love it!! Great customer services, great restaurant, fabulous free breakfast (like always @ the Embassy Suites), not nice view but who cares! LOL!!

Room Tip: I always choose higher floors!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
It's wonderful to hear your stay went well. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel San Antonio Northwest / I-10? Share your experiences!