“Great Hotel, Friendly Staff!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel San Antonio Northwest / I-10

You added Embassy Suites Hotel San Antonio Northwest / I-10 to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel San Antonio Northwest / I-10
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7750 Briaridge Drive, San Antonio, TX 78230 (Northwest Side)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #129 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
FL
“Great Hotel, Friendly Staff!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Check in was a breeze, clean room, very comfortable. Chris the bartender during the complimentary happy hour was great! They had a Bourbon Lemonade as the special drink of the night during the manager's reception and I really like it. Chris went out of his way during a busy night and wrote down the recipe for me. Great omelets and breakfast selection. We were traveling from Florida to New Mexico and made it a point to stay here on our trip back. Very convenient to the Alamo and the Riverwalk without having to pay the high riverwalk prices!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel San Antonio Northwest / I-10, responded to this review, July 14, 2012
We are glad your stay with us exceeded your expectations. Mentioning Chris, gives us an opportunity to recognize him. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your return visit to our hotel.

Keith Harward

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
houston texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

If you are a law abiding citizen and wish to travel with a legal weapon--DO NOT STAY HERE. I was shocked to discover that they have a very large sign on the front door indicating that NO ONE can bring a LEGAL firearm into the hotel. I do not travel armed but I have family that do. Yes-it was the correct wording for the State of Texas, but much larger than the legal size. You are NOT WELCOME HERE if you travel with a firearm to protect yourself legally. I have never seen this at a hotel before. BE AWARE.

The rooms were clean and nice, but the air conditioning was terrible. It was very loud and it took a long time for the rooms to get cooled off. It is San Antonio--the rooms need GREAT air conditioning. The air conditioning cooled the rooms but it took a few hours to become comfortable. Other guest in our group had the same issues with the air conditioning as well (about 5 rooms).

The front desk staff did not know where local stores were located and the internet services were so slow that they could not perform searches. The business office area was clean, but most likely infected with a computer bug. The services were so slow that it was better to use another internet source.

It should also be noted that I stayed in this hotel about 4 years ago and it was VERY nice. But the area seems to have gone down hill. The parking lots were full of people loitering around their cars playing loud music. I had to find a local department store to pick up some extra clothing and those areas were even worst. The police seemed to patrol the areas around the hotel very frequently, but the area still seemed "tense." I can honestly say that I did not feel safe in this area.

In fairness, the morning breakfast was first class. The workers in this area were helpful and friendly. I was part of a group attending a meeting and they held the breakfast line open for us for an extra few minutes. Don't forget to please tip the workers for breakfast!! It's a free meal and tasted great! Excellent breakfast!

Room Tip: Don't stay too high on the levels-floors. The elevators are dirt slow. Stay on one or two and...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel San Antonio Northwest / I-10, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you for your review and we're glad you enjoyed your suites and the morning breakfast. I'm sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the malfunctioning air conditioner and internet and have reported your concerns to our engineering team. We will be sure to address the issues with the suite amenities.

We are sorry for the inconvenience of our firearms policy, but our main priority is to uphold the comfort and safety of our guests. We hope you will consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I have no complaint about the room or the building in general but I did have what I perceived as a major security issue in my room. Some one entered while i was in the bedroom portion of the room( they removed the luggage cart) ... No knock on the door... No warning and i was undresed... Getting out of travel clothes.
I went to the front desk and asked to speak to a member of management..
twice and got no resolution or follow up...I don't feel safe at all.
This is a corporate visit... I am doing what I can to switch hotels for the remainder of the week.
Not coming back to this particular arm of the Hilton family.

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel San Antonio Northwest / I-10, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
I sincerely apologize for your experience at our property and appreciate you bringing to my attention. My number one priority is the comfort and safety of our guests. I know our Hotel Manager has spoken to your regarding this matter and we have resolved the matter to your satisfaction.

Broken Arrow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I have a certain level of expectation for an Embassy Suites. This hotel doesn't meet those expectations. If I have a reservation, I expect to have my room available without a lot of hassle. First failed expectation. I expect the room to be well maintained. Second failed expectation. The a/c unit rattled very loudly. It make sleeping a little difficult. Parking is crowded and there are lots of signs warning you about locking your car or losing your stuff. It made me a little nervous. The housekeeping was also a little lacking. The people working the evening reception were always very nice. I was there 2 nights and the food at the reception was the same both nights, which suprised me. The service at the restaurant was slow, but the food was good and a good value. I would stay there again....I just have to moderate my expectations.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
First of all, we're glad you enjoyed the Manager's Reception and the hotel itself, but I'm sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay regarding the front desk issue and the air conditioner. We apologize for the issues in your suite and will work with our engineering team to ensure this doesn't happen again. If you return our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Wolfforth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

We had a nice visit, but I've got to agree with some of the previous reviews- awkward to get to, dated and in need of upgrades, and so-so breakfast. On the upside, though, the staff was very kind and helpful. Upon arrival, we were not pleased with our room view (air conditioners on the roof !) and when my husband asked if we could have a "room with a view", they assigned us a new room! I appreciated their flexibility and attention to customer service. Great place for families!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel San Antonio Northwest / I-10, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Thank you for staying with us in San Antonio and we're glad our staff could accommodate your needs. I appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest suite appearance is an area we are actively examining. We look forward to your return to our hotel.

Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Although Embassy Suites seem to be going down hill, I typically choose this brand as it is a good option for a large family. We stayed here on the way back from a family vacation at the Texas coast. Were hoping for a relaxing break before heading back home. First of all the hotel is in a very strange location. Easy access to the freeway, but not close proximity to much else. The hotel is a little bit of a blast from the past. Seems as if there has been little done over the past few years regarding upkeep for this hotel from the lobby area to the rooms. The hotel was very crowded which did not help much. The four elevators often took over 5 minutes and there are only 8 floors in the hotel! The room was less impressive that most Embassy Suites. The bathroom was not large enough for even one small person to move around. The room smelled musty and the bathroom smelled like stale, wet cigarettes. Breakfast was chaotic and unorganized. Would not stay here again unless the hotel did a major overhall. Hilton should be ashamed of letting the Embassy Suites be a part of their family of hotels.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel San Antonio Northwest / I-10, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
We appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us and I'm sorry we didn't met your expectations. We will utlilize your remarks to make improvements in all areas mentioned.

Usa, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

this hotel definitely needs some renovation. the hotel would be a colorful one in the 80s but the place hasn't been upgraded for years. The breakfast was modest for an Embassy Suites--I notice more and more variability and I would rank this one in the bottiom 25th percentile. One thing: this place still has some smoking rooms and if you arrive late, they'll try to put you in one. So call and remind them that you want non-smoking.

Room Tip: make sure to assure yourself a non-smoking room. and ask for a room facing away from I-10.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us. Our staff will look into the smoking suite situation you mentioned to make improvements moving forward. We look forward to your return visit to our hotel.

Keith Harward

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel San Antonio Northwest / I-10? Share your experiences!