“Staying in San Antonio near the airport? This is it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel San Antonio International Airport

You added Embassy Suites Hotel San Antonio International Airport to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel San Antonio International Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10110 US Hwy 281 North, San Antonio, TX 78216 (Uptown Broadway)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #120 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Texas
“Staying in San Antonio near the airport? This is it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel several times when traveling to San Antonio. I have consistently had a wonderful stay, from GREAT shuttle drivers (free shuttle from the airport) to a friendly welcome to GREAT "manager's reception" beverages and snacks. Even when large groups are there it seems to always be quite in the room.
I generally stay here for business, but certainly don't mind being shuttled to one of 2 nearby shopping areas. Great job!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Erie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

Arrived fairly late to the hotel (restaurant and room service were already closed), and the front desk staff were very courteous with the check-in and also suggested a couple of near-by restaurants. They also offered the use of the hotel driver to take us, since we were unfamiliar with the city. Although we didn't use the service, I really appreciated that it was offered so readily.

Room was very nice and I would definitely stay there again and I recommend it to anyone travelling to San Antonio.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
jdbarber95b
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

I try to avoid hotels near airports, but after staying at this Embassy property I have to rethink my beavior. I work out when I'm on the road and found their gym to be the best and cleanest I've utilized. The staff was extremely helpful and caring; the rooms were spacious; the breakfast awesome. I spend about 250 days a year in hotels and this is one I will be staying at whenever I find myself in San Antonio.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2010

We booked the hotel through priceline and were given a tiny room with a double bed. When we asked for a suite we were pressured into paying $30.00 more for the switch. Front desk most unhelpful, didn't know the location of a nearby hotel, didn't know the price of the internet. Hotel is tired, needs refurbishing. It is convenient to the airport and serves an excellent breakfast.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2009

Amazing hotel....the outside doesn't look too impressive, but once we walked inside we felt like royalty! Absolutely amazing hotel even had a complementary cocktail hour!

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Tomball
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2009

I stayed here during the weekend in October, 2009. I booked through Priceline and got a GREAT rate of $50/night, but there were some caveats - so beware if you get this place from Priceline.

The hotel is an older one but fairly well maintained. I noticed some of the furnishings were a bit tattered but not too bad. Overall the hotel is nice and comfortable. If you book through Priceline, please know that ***you will*** be placed into a non-suite room with one full sized bed. Apparently this place has some rooms that are much smaller and they describe them as non-suite rooms. They are still pretty nice, but small. There is no desk in these rooms. The TV sets on a dresser. You can upgrade to a suite, but it will cost you $40.00 per night plus tax which is generally full rate.

I ate at the restaurant and had room service. The food was good but the service was hit and miss. Its not very busy so strangely it takes a while to get served and get food. The room service clerk I thought was a bit surley and the desk staff is a bit put off. I didn't get a chance to use the pool and hottub. These facilities are indoor which makes it nice.

It would be nice to get rid of the non-suite rooms. Who wants to stay at the Embassy Suites and not be in a suite? The $50 a night would be all I pay for the non-suite rooms but it was a bit disappointing. In all the times I have booked through Priceline (and there are many), I have never been placed in a room with one double bed. Really, I didn't think hotels had them anymore and wouldn't expect to find this especially at Embassy Suites. I changed rooms the next day. The desk was nice enough not to charge me for the upgrade but it may have been missed....still waiting for a credit card charge for it!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

I travel to SA frequently on business, and this is a great location if you want to avoid the River Walk.
Standard Embassy Suites: Walls are very thin. Breakfast and Manager's Reception are wonderful. Indoor pool great for everything but swimming laps. Workout room small - but never a wait for equipment. Very much on par for Embassy Suites.

Tried to use the business center 3 times - but computers always occupied.

Must give formal kudos to REGGIE at the manager's reception - best Embassy Suites employee I have ever encountered.

One comment based on past reviews: There is PLENTY of parking - however much is a walk to the front of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel San Antonio International Airport? Share your experiences!