“A great choice near the airport!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel San Antonio International Airport

Save Saved
You added Embassy Suites Hotel San Antonio International Airport to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel San Antonio International Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10110 US Hwy 281 North, San Antonio, TX 78216 (Uptown Broadway)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer = Six Flags Fun
Ranked #111 of 350 hotels in San Antonio
Austin, Texas
“A great choice near the airport!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2006

This hotel was outstanding - I stayed in 5 the same week and this one was the best by far. When I checked in they upgraded me to a "conceire level suite." It was extremely nice - many beautiful pillows, marble bath, nice furniture, nice office area, large tv, nice amenities, etc. The staff were very helpful and prompt ever time I dealt with them. The complimentary breakfast buffet (with my room rate, not all stays) was great. The hotel has a beautiful atirum in the center with a nice pool. Overall, it was an excellent stay - I would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business

317 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2006

This is a very nice hotel with the exception of the pillows- friendly personnel, nice, clean rooms, and very spacious. The breakfast is great, and so is the nightly reception. The gym could use some free weights (there are only cardio machines there), but it's really not bad considering the price range.

It's really worth pointing out, though, that they have large fluffy pillows that look absolutely adorable stacked on the beds. However, these large pillows don't collapse under your head and in fact, produce horrible neck displacement. When I awoke in the middle of the night, I had to use a rolled-up towel (and some Motrin) instead of the pillows provided to get some rest. If not for the neck pain, this hotel is really great, but they really need to replace their pillows-- getting ones that are comfortable instead of their noncollapsing ones.

Next time, I'll stay there again but I'll bring my own pillow.

• Stayed December 2005
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2005

We've stayed in Embassy Suites in a number of different cities, and this one is just OK. Website says the hotel has been recently redone, although the interior was not as nice as in other Embassy Suites we've seen. Rooms were quiet and comfortable, but plumbing and bathroom fixtures were cranky. Front desk personnel were friendly but not very knowledgeable about the vicinity of the hotel and provided inaccurate directions to a nearby attraction. As other reviewers have stated, the pool is small and can get crowded. The eating area for the complimentary breakfast also was smallish, having to share space with the regular restaurant/bar.

• Stayed October 2005
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2005

We stayed at the Embassy Suites San Antonio Airport October 7 - 9, 2005 and simply loved it. The room was very clean and the furnishings were well kept and comfortable. We were amazed at how comfortable the king sized bed was. Although the hotel is located right by the airport, we did not notice any airplane noise until we really made an effort to see if we could hear it. Even then it was barely noticeable.
We enjoyed the manager's reception each night and were pleased that the mixed drinks were tasty and potent. There was a class reunion (45th, Wow!) and the bartenders made their work look easy as they kept everyone happy and hydrated.
We also ate the included hot breakfast and enjoyed every bite. The selection ranged from cereals and fruit, to muffins and pastries, to pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, and a hot special each morning. I'd stay here again just for the breakfast.
The excellent service was the icing on the cake. The staff was courteous and knowledgeable and exceeded my expectations for check-in, local recommendations, and housekeeping.
I had wanted to stay on the Riverwalk, but decided we'd get more hotel for the money if we stayed elsewhere and commuted. We went to the Riverwalk twice, and the drive took only 10 - 15 minutes each way.
We also used the hotel shuttle to visit a local mall, and the driver was very courteous and helpful in guiding us to local mexican food restaurants.
I will stay here again when my travels bring me to San Antonio.

• Stayed October 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2005

My family and I stayed at the Embassy Suites for a week and enjoyed the hotel. The hotel is family friendly with an indoor pool and some video games (50 cents to play). There is a pool table next to the restauraunt, but you might have to wait in line to play. The location was an okay distance from all of the tourist spots. I can't not talk about the free breakfast and managers reception in the afternoon. The food is good and the drinks are also good, and when I tipped the bartender he put a little extra in my drinks, well that was my experience anyway. Overall the room was clean and the service good.

Stayed July 2005
Akron, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2005

My family and I stayed here for a week in March. The hotel offered everything we wanted: a nice breakfast, interenet access, clean rooms, etc. The only drawback was that we felt like we were in Mexico rather than the United States. The vast majority of guests and hotel employees spoke Spanish. Communicating was sometimes a problem. Pool is too small for the size of the hotel. Often over crowded and no where to sit.

• Stayed March 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2004

My wife and I stayed at the Embassy Suites over the weekend, and the stay was excellent. We had a clean, very well appointed room, and the staff was very attentive. We ordered room service and the food was good. We will certainly stay here again when we come to San Antonio.

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel San Antonio International Airport? Share your experiences!