“OK for the Airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel San Antonio International Airport

You added Embassy Suites Hotel San Antonio International Airport to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel San Antonio International Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10110 US Hwy 281 North, San Antonio, TX 78216 (Uptown Broadway)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Military Family Savings
Ranked #118 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Naples, Florida
“OK for the Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Great l Great location to the airport, but not that great for the business traveler who does not want to leave the hotel.
1. Quiet for an airport hotel.
2. Good cooked to order breakfast
3. Good manager’s reception
4. Excellent staff
5. Poor restaurant for dinner
The hotel menu is very limited. TV channels as well. During my stay I hoped to watch the CNN Republican debate, but the hotel does not have regular CNN (just HLN, so if I wanted to know what Justin Timberlake was doing, yea, I would know!)
I ordered a standard Caesar salad via room service. I received a large bunch of lettuce smothered in olives and onions (??) yes, really!. Of course, I picked them off and ate my $15 room service salad as there was not much choice.
Next night ventured out for acceptable food. But other than the food, the hotel typical is ES, not luxury, but good breakfast omelets and fresh fruit.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

Hats off to Romeo Lopez, manager, and his entire staff and hotel. Our recent stay for a 4 day family weekend to Sea World in San Antonio was exceptional and this was one of the best Hilton hotels I have ever had. Where do I begin ?

First, the check-in was fast and friendly. The staff greets you as soon as you walk in and they are very accommodating. The only problem if there was any with my room is that I would of liked it to be on a higher floor away from the elevator but I ended up on the 4th floor near the elevator which ultimately was fine because of my 2 small kids and the proximity to the ice machine.

The rooms are very clean and nice. Fridge, microwave, King size bed and full living room with sofa bed which made it nice for adult privacy and peace and quite from the kids. The linens were fresh and though the room and hotel is aged, it's holding up nicely. The tv's were outdated but we weren't there to watch tv or hang in our room so we didnt mind.

The daily breakfast is awesome. Full omelet bar AND a full buffet that includes hash browns, sausage links, bacon, and pancakes. Full cereal, pastry, and coffee and juice bar. Hats off to the servers and busers. The hotel was very busy with lots of families the weekend we were there and they do a great job about cleaning tables to accommodate those that are coming and going. Leave a few bucks on the table, I am sure that they would appreciate it. I would recommend getting there early especially if you are going with family because it can get very crowded and small children can get in your way.

The nightly managers reception is about the best that I have seen at an Embassy Suites. Full bar but no top shelf liquor which is fine because its free, keg beer (Lone Star and Kilians Irish Red), home made sangria and lemonade and sodas for the kids. The bartenders are very nice and are fast to get your order so throw them a few bucks.

They have an inside pool with family and adult time which is nice and they have a small game room, an outdoor play area for the kids and a laundry room if you need to wash some clothes for about 1.25 per load. There is a restaurant inside but I would recommend going out to eat and using the shuttle to take you to a restaurant.

The parking is free and is ample and they have a shuttle to take you anywhere within a 3 mile radius and makes airport runs every 30 minutes I believe. Our driver was very nice and prompt. I recommend El Jarro de Arturo but it's not very kid friendly but the margaritas are among the best that I have had. All in all I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. Judging from the amount of hotel guests the entire weekend, it's obvious that this THE hotel of choice for family's and I hope the GM reads this posts and pats Romeo and his staff on the back because they do a hell of a job. I look forward to staying here again next time in San Antonio.

Room Tip: Get a high floor to get away from the noise.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

My adult siblings, their spouses, and I stayed at Embassy Suites San Antonio Airport this last weekend as a result of a funeral event--which was a bummer in itself. But I was/am determined to review this place fairly and not let the unhappy emotions cloud the picture--so here goes. The basic facts: Standard Embassy Suites construction, big interior, noisy courtyard, pool, useful business center, nothing particularly special about the hotel design or features themselves. The positives: Awesome staff...very, very accomodating at every turn, particularly with my elderly mother. As usual, the great hot breakfast (made to order omlets, etc.) and evening manager's special are a nice benefit--we took advantage of these each day and they really did ease the burden in both practical and psychological ways (nice to get together for a drink or two after some very tough emotional days). Another nice advantage--a very responsive airport shuttle. Good, restful bed. Good & responsive maid service. Finally, a relatively decent price for four nights--just a little over $400. The negatives: Hard to access, hard to find! It's in a corner on a frontage road off 281 North just after it crosses the 410 Loop. Very tricky to get to--we broke the code the second day, but the first day was painful. And yes, we had GPS and maps--even then, tricky. Next, they put some weird stuff on the carpets to clean them, but they feel kinda icky--perhaps it's the humidity, but the soles of my feet were black from walking on my carpet and I franklly find that a little bit disgusting on top of the creepy tactile feel of a 'damp' carpet . So wear shoes or something. Better yet, management ought to look into that. Or suck it up and replace the carpets. No free Wi-Fi...I just don't get it... these are electrons folks...let us have them free of charge (hehe--yes, it's a pun). Anyway, in sum, I'll say mildly favorable overall. I would look around a bit next time first to see if I could do better. Just my two 'sense'...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We stayed here in July 2011...my family loved this hotel. The room was clean and spacious. The complimentary breakfast and manager's reception is awesome! Having drinks and snacks at no extra cost is the best. We will definitely stay were again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

We love staying at Embassy Suites whenever we travel for multiple reasons, namely the seperate room and living room. Kids in one, adults in the other! Two TVs so there is no fighting! Comes with a mini fridge and a microwave which is also perfect to bring snacks to the room and save cash as opposed to eating out all the time. The breakfast is good, not as great as others we have been to, mostly because during the week they do not place all of the warm food out for self service and you have to wait in the omelet line to get it. Not too much of a hassle, unless you show up late when everyone else is trying to eat. The managers drink reception is awesome too, 530PM-730Pm and some days it really saves the day when the kids are on you rlast nerve.
Pool is a tad small but still enjoyable, not a chlorine pool and the water burns the eyes quite a bit.
Service was great, always greeted with smile even the GMs wife was on hand to help out and say hello one evening.
Worst part is trying to check out and get your luggage down the elevator. Only 3 elevators and usually crowded around 10AM-11AM for checkout. Might be a good idea to take some things downstairs earlier, or even the evening before to save yourself the hassle.
If you have kids, stay here!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Quinton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

This hotel is convenient to the airport, is adjacent to the 281 and 410 loops, close to downtown. Near a number of good restaurants. The hotel is a typical Embassy Suites all suite-hotel. Nice because you can have business meetings in your living room, or work from there undisturbed. The cooked to order hot breakfasts are superb, and the evening manager's reception is a nice relaxing option. Be sure to have one of the hand-made margaritas (the gentleman who works the bar for the receptions has been around a number of years and is not only very personable, he is GOOD!). Food at their restaurant is okay, but not super-great. But really convenient when you've just flown in and/or worked hard all day. Service is super. I've stayed here a number of times, and it has been recently updated...will be back next trip to San Antonio.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Bigfork, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

The Embassy Suites Hotel San Antonio International Airport is a professionaly run hotel. Beautiful in structure, organized, professionally managed and very accomodating to the guests. The rooms are immaculate as well as the entire hotel. There exercize room and swiming pool are spectacular. The staff is always courtious and remembers the names of returning guest. The free hot breakfast is superb as well asthe free happy hour at the end of the day. I have stayed at the hotel over 25 visits during the past three years. We have conducted professional meetings with superb results. The sales manager Ms Christina Arezola has accomodated our unit with grace and professionalism. We can reserve our rooms a year in advance do her expert help.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel San Antonio International Airport? Share your experiences!