“Confirmed reservation without room” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio Airport

You added Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio Airport to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8615 Broadway Street, San Antonio, TX 78217 (Northeast San Antonio)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #127 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
San Angelo, Texas
“Confirmed reservation without room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We booked a room at this hotel since it was close to our late night destination.when we booked it online through Marriott website I mentioned late check in.when we arrived around 12 ,tired ready to go to sleep,the front desk lady told me that she had some bad news.our confirmed room was given to somebody who extended the stay there.they told us that they booked a room in red roof inn.i did not accept to stay there since i wanted something similar to the one I booked.the lady made some phone calls and finally she found a marriot nw.they offered us to stay free,but this was not a money issue.i chose this courtyard first because its location and second because I read the reviews that the place was recently renovated .the place they did put us was awful.

Room Tip: You cannot trust their reservations.call before you go
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Polish first
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

They say, "everything is big in Texas," and this property lived up to that Texas Size Customer Service. Front Desk staff professional, friendly and outstanding. There is a saying, "you never have a second chance to make a first impression." The front desk staff is usually the FIRST contact with a hotel property. The night clerk that checked me in on the evening of 03/7/2013 was extraordinary in every way. When it was discovered that my room was next to a room of guest "having a late night party" she immediately moved me, all of which occurred in less than one minute. The morning Front Desk staff (on 03/8/2013) was equally as awesome and ensured my experience was wonderful. When I ordered my breakfast, I was told by the hostess (Lolita) that it was complimentary. I discovered that the Front Desk had noted my account due to the slight inconvenience from the room move. Their action of the "complimentary breakfast" spoke volumes -- Texas Size Customer Service. My breakfast experience was wonderful. Lolita and Chris, in the restaurant were GREAT!!! They were an awesome start to my day. Chris, the chef, ensured my breakfast was perfect in every way. Lolita, the hostess, was awesome. They know how to make a guest feel right at home. Awesome experience. If you want to experience "Texas Size Customer Service" I would recommend this property.

Room Tip: Ask for the newly renovated room(s).
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed just one night. The staff was generally friendly and courteous. This is an older facility, the furnishings in the sleeping area were similar to what we've seen at other Courtyards, however it looks like they took the bathroom out of a Super 8. There were several vagrants wandering along Broadway in front of the hotel as we arrived, thankfully the hotel has a fenced and gated parking area which requires a room card to access. You can probably do better, we drove just a few miles to eat dinner and passed a brand new Courtyard in a much nicer area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This is mainly a business hotel, so it typically does not sell out on weekends. Great place to stay at a reasonable rate, no trouble with parking, and convenient to nearby shopping, restaurants, clubs and the airport.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Overpriced and filthy. I don't care if you are "rennovating". There is no excuse for stained sheets and stained curtains in a hotel. You may also want to get out some landscapers once in a while to clean up the grounds. Marriott should be ashamed to have their brand associated with this building. Especially with the amount of competition out there. I only gave it what I did for the front desk agent, Christina, who was very accomodating. Stay else where.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

The front desk staff (Ben and a young woman) were very accommodating in assisting me with prompt transportation in returning my rental car to the airport and with the shuttle the next morning. Rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet. I would stay here again!!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The reason I chose this hotel was the location and price. The reviews also seemed to be favorable. However, I can say it was not that special. And sadly, it really doesn't take a fancy hotel or lots of glamour to make a hotel great. What really makes a great hotel is the customer service, and this is where the hotel is lacking. My family was in town for the RnR Marathon and both nights the a/c in our room shut off in the middle of the night. This ended up happening to 2 other rooms family was staying in. Front desk was unable to help. I requested a late check out a couple of days before we arrived, reconfirmed again upon check-in and again the night before. Yet after the race our room the door was locked. So when we approached Front Desk about re-keying our cards they gave us a hard time and told us they were not able to honor the late check-out. But luckily the lady who I had originally talked with made notes in the reservation, it was just a matter of getting that hag up at Front Desk to read it. To top it all off, in the wee hours of race day morning the smoke detector starts going off in the room...and won't stop. Had to call Front Desk where they first refused to remove it. They only did after raising hell that in a couple of short hours we were going to have to run 13.1 miles!! Next day nothing was comped; they essentially just threw their hands in the air and said they didn't care. Very disappointing customer service all the way around, physical location of the property is fine and cheap. But the price isn't so low that I can't find somewhere else that's better

Room Tip: Look out for rogue socks, we found a pair in our room which made us doubt room cleanliness
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family