“Soooo Many Good Things...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Airport

You added Crowne Plaza Airport to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 Northeast Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78209 (Formerly Radisson Hotel San Antonio Airport) (Northeast San Antonio)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #190 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Fort Carson, Colorado
“Soooo Many Good Things...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I just can't say enough good things about this place. From the drive up, to the welcoming hello to the nice upgrade they provided. First let me get the "not so good" out of the way. The hotel is a little "outdated" meaning, there are a few cosmetic things that they could improve on however, as a whole, the hotel and is very nice and warm. From David and Jose at the front desk to Rosie and the other nice lady (Mon-Thu) they all work so hard to help us on the 10th floor (Executive Floor). I was here for some Mili Training and for being an IHG Card Holder, I was upgraded to the Executive Floor, LOVE it...thank you so much. The only way to get to me is by a room key used in the elevator. They also have their own security guard who walks the property which is very nice. All and all, this will be my next hotel if I need to stay in or around the airport. They really try and help you and provide everything for you. See pics attached... Thanks to everyone at the hotel, keep up the good work and a special thanks to Rochelle n the bar, great bartender... See you again soon..

Room Tip: Try not to get a room on the freeway side, it's kinda loud but you get use to it...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
CrownePlazaS-Antonio, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Airport, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
It was a pleasure to have had you here and we thank you for your feedback. We are happy you were able to enjoy your accommodations and found our team helpful throughout your visit. Thank you for sharing your pictures. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I am a long time guest of this Crowne Plaza and it is the only place I stay when visiting the San Antonio area. The Management and Staff are friendly and attentive, the rooms are clean and comfortable and the location is close to the airport and restaurants. I highly recommend the Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. It is always a pleasure to welcome back guests and we are happy to read that we have been your hotel of choice when visiting the San Antonio area. Your recommendations are appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport again soon.
Portland, OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Stayed here for a week in March 2014. Convenient for the 410 and airport, and a smattering of OK restaurants/diners close by. I stayed on the 8th floor and my room was perfectly clean throughout... however, it was normally not serviced until 4-5pm each day. Room service was quick but the food was awful.. served cold and obviously reheated previously. The "full hot breakfast buffet" was just nasty. I tried breakfast at about 7am; the eggs tasted a day old and none of the other hot offerings were any better. No cereals, no pastries, no fruit, no toast.. just juice, coffee, and hot items. I know it's not the Ritz.. but come on.

Room Tip: Airport side is actually quieter
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
CrownePlazaS-Antonio, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Airport, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective. Our hotel is located near the highway and close to attractions, shopping and restaurants. We regret we did not meet your expectations on every level and thank you for bringing these points to our attention. I will review your comment with the team as we continually refresh our commitment to our guests. It is our hope to welcome you back so we may restore your trust.
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We arrive at the hotel at around 3:20pm (check in time is 3:00pm) only to find out that my room was not ready. I am given the excuse, "it is spring break week and it has been really busy, we apologize for the inconvenience". I then over hear that another couple has been waiting for over 30 minutes for their room and they had to comp them a full breakfast for their wait. It is now 4:00pm and I am still waiting for my room. Finally, a little after 4:00pm they tell me the room is ready and try to comp me for a full breakfast. I go upstairs to my room 405 and the room was not ready. It looked like the hotel guests just left the room, sheets were on the floor, the covers were thrown across the bed. I am slightly irritated at this time and I go back down stairs to let the front desk know that the room is still not ready. I now have to wait longer to have the room prepared for me and my mother. We are given another room, not the room that we originally started with, but it is after 5 o'clock when we finally get into the room. Friday morning we wake up and my mother realizes that her pants are missing that she prepared the day before and placed on a hanger underneath her shirt that she was going to wear to the Military graduation. We pulled everything out of the closet, opened up bags again, bathroom and checked the beds, everywhere and nothing. I am not sure why someone would take one pair of pants, it does not make since. There were plenty of other things that you can take as well. I then call the front desk to report. She asked me was I sure that it did not go into the laundry with the sheets and covers. Seriously, it really made me feel like she was trying to say I was losing my mind. Why on earth would I being calling to say the pants were stolen. If I thought that the pants would have been mixed up with the laundry. I would have said something like this "My mom thinks that her pants may have been mixed in with the covers and sheets that were picked up with the laundry. If house-keeping comes across some pants can you please send them to room 208." So now I am extremely irritated and I am explaining my experience with "Crowne Plaza". She then proceeds to apologize and said that she will reimburse me for one night stay. I explained to her that I will take care of this when we return back to the hotel we had a graduation to get to. My mom and I pack up our stuff and take it to the car because now we do not feel safe in leaving our stuff in the room. It was very inconvenient and we should not have had to keep taking our stuff back to the car. We come back, they then try to say again that it was explained the pants may have been mixed in with the laundry and I am done explaining. She will have the housekeeping supervisor call me in the morning. I am still waiting on that call. Saturday morning I am having breakfast and I am waiting on my food. I then hear another couple speaking about their mother or mother in laws personal belongings are missing from her suitcase, it was a purse or wallet. I spoke with them about my experience and to just be careful and I hope that they are able to get the purse or wallet they were looking for at the time. They were thankful and I went to check out. I let the guest services manager know about my experience again and he stated and signed the paper letting me know that he would refund me for 2 night stay. He apologized for my time and let me know that I would receive my refund within 7 business days because I purchased through a 3rd party. It has been over 7 business days and I do not have my money back in my account as of today. I am really just getting tired of being nice about this and I will need all of my money back and then some. I did not feel like royalty at this hotel at all, nor did I feel safe or like I was being heard. I felt like I was being shut up by providing me with the comps for drinks and breakfast. To hear that there were others that were having some of the same experiences as I did. I will not be staying at this hotel again. I will make sure that no one I know does either. All I wanted was a great experience and I expected better from a hotel that is called "Crowne Plaza" I have never complained about any hotel other than best western, but that was word of mouth. This was by far the worst experience I had. I wish I was able to find another hotel. I would have left.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
It is extremely disheartening to read comments like yours. We sincerely regret any inconvenience you may have experienced while here. There are times when rooms may not be available immediately due to volume. We do the best to provide accommodations in a timely manner and we thank you for your feedback. Again, we regret any difficulties you experienced with retrieving the clothing in your room. Although we may credit your account in the appropriate time frame, there are times when the issuing financial institution may take longer than anticipated to process. Should you still be waiting for this refund, we suggest you contact your credit card company to determine their policy on refund processing. Again we regret we did not meet your expectations and will use this as a learning experience to improve upon our guest services. Thank you.
Lafayette, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Located closed to the airport, the traffic is a little bit bad but the cost benefit to stay there worth.
The construction is old but the rooms are very cleaned.
Good place if you are planning share your time in between theme parks and riverwalk.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
CrownePlazaS-Antonio, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Airport, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
We are thrilled that you found the location of the Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport worked well for your stay. We are just a short drive from many area theme parks and attractions, making it easy for our guests to explore the area. Thank you for your great feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in San Antonio.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Find someplace else to stay. This place was decent 25 years ago, and nothing has changed I would assume.

Poor housekeeping, elevator failed this morning at 5am when I tried to leave from 8th floor, terrible food and beer selection in bar, old everything.

The only thing nice I can say is EVERYONE who helped me there was very nice. Bar service stunk though, but he was at least nice about it.

Check out my room phone for cleanliness factor.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
It is disheartening to read comments like yours. This is not the experience we expect to deliver to any of our guests. Although our team was able to assist you during your stay, we regret we did not meet your expectations on every level. I will review your feedback with the housekeeping team as we continually refresh our commitment to our guests. It is our hope to welcome you back so we may restore your trust. Thank you.
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Crowne Plaza's are not usually my favorite place to stay. They are usually outdated and not that nice. This Crowne Plaza was no exception to my thinking. The hotel was a mad house on a busy highway and rather hard to get to. The hotel appears as a high rise, 10 floors or so but there is this very interesting old, exterior entrances to rooms section behind the high rise. Sort of makes those relegated to those rooms feel a little inferior. The room was fine, air conditioner cooled and heated the room properly, the bed was comfortable, the television worked, the internet was fine so all in all I guess this hotel was alright.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
CrownePlazaS-Antonio, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
It is great that you were able to enjoy your accommodations and I thank you for sharing your experiences. We do offer a range of room types for our guests and our website is the best resource when determining which accommodations best meet your needs. We regret we did not meet your expectations on every level and we hope to have the chance to welcome you back the next time you are in San Antonio.

Been to Crowne Plaza Airport? Share your experiences!