“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Airport

You added Crowne Plaza Airport to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 Northeast Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78209 (Formerly Radisson Hotel San Antonio Airport) (Northeast San Antonio)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #191 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Arlington, Texas
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our first experience at a Crowne Plaza and we were very impressed. Nice clean room and comfortable beds. We were in town for the George Strait concert at the Alamodome and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Management and housekeeping were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Mike B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Airport, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
countrybea50,

I just wanted to thank you for providing feedback regarding your most recent stay at the Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport. I have shared your comments with the staff of the hotel. If you should need assistance booking your next reservation please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you again for your time and business.

210-828-9031

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

When I first arrived at this hotel, I was concerned. Our room was supposed to be twin beds. Instead, due to the number of guests, the only room available was a single bed. The general manger overheard our problem and actually contacted a guest with a block of rooms and asked if we could use one. We were able to get two beds. I found this to be excellent service by the manager. I was disturbed by the service of reservations however.

We found our room adequate. It was not noisy for being near the highway or the airport. Our room overlooked the parking lot so we could see our car. The area around the hotel actually has many restaurants and is convenient in returning to the airport or driving to downtown San Antonio. The beds were comfortable but the pillows were terrible and caused our necks to be sore. The maids cleaned the rooms fine except in the areas near the windows which had food from prior guests. The swimming pool and work out room are nice but, some guests were walking around the lobby and elevator without shoes which caused the ground to be slippery. The hotel was quick to clean it up. The lobby was pleasant and nice for meetings and relaxing.

The big surprise was the restaurant at the hotel. We asked the waitress about several items and she was very honest and even advised us one item was not made that day. This obviously affected our decision as to what to choose to eat. We had filets cooked perfectly, great taste. The salad was fresh and nicely appointed. The only problem was we were given old rolls so hard I could nail the waitress with them. Luckily, the brought out a hot fresh batch for us. We also tried the breakfast buffet the next day. The food was tasty and the buffet items were well stocked. Overall, I thought the service by the waitresses was very good.

Overall, this hotel is rated high for its service. I would not rate it high for being extravagant or elegant. In effect it is really a three star hotel. But, great service and a comfortable stay gives it a higher rating and I would return. I cannot give it 5 stars for service merely because the booking problems were unacceptable.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the highway.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tripnexus,

Thank you so much for the feedback you provided during your stay at the Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport. I've shared your comments with the entire hotel staff. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the San Antonio area that you will consider the Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport for your accommodations. Thank you again for your time and business.

210-828-9031
Southfield, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this property many times over the last three years. The only thing that gets updated are the fish in the lobby. We are trying to get my company to move our business to better property. If this property was holiday inn, I might have given a higher score but instead it just cheapens the crown plaza brand. Also, they have tables set up buffet style in the restaurant, and the lasts several times I have noticed a large mold spot on the skirt, about the size of a soft ball. Next time I come thru I will snap a picture as its been months since they have washed the buffet linens.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Mike B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Airport, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Bradley187,

First, thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback regarding your most recent stay. Rest assured that a couple of areas that you mentioned have been rectified. Please know that this has been shared with the management staff of the hotel. I would like to thank you again for your time and business.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I'm here all week for a business meeting and haven't even began to start my stay. The floors are disgusting. The toilet seat was never cleaned and had a "stain" on it. Good thing I brought wipes! The carpeting is nasty and coming up. There is hair all over the floor. The pillows are tiny. Not even regular sized pillows for a queen bed. I'm in a king and the pillows are tiny. The cases have makeup stains in them that I had to trade out.
Because I was being lazy and didn't want to leave to get dinner, I call to place my room order at 4:45 and was rudely told to call back at 5! They weren't serving and wouldn't even take the order to have it going at 5. It took 50 minutes to have my steak delivered and though I asked for " well-done" it came dried out and cold! The portion was supposed to be 14oz but it was much smaller. There was some type of brown stuff slopped on too of it and it tasted so nasty. The sides did not come with my steak and I had to ask for them. When the waiter came back, the mashed potatoes were bland and cold. The steamed vegetables suffered the same neglect.
$21.95 for the black angus ribeye.
For dessert I had the key lime pie which came highly recommended by the lerson taking my order. This thing has been around so long that the whipped cream on top was old and stale as was the pie. The crust was also stale.
My silverware was dirty and the spoon was so chewed up, it looked like someone dropped it down the disposal. There is no coffee pot in the room. Isn't that a staple in all hotel rooms these days?
I have to be here all week and only because my company is paying, is the only reason I'm still here!
Normally I'm not one to complain. I just chalk it up as " know better next time" but this place is the worst!
You better believe I will let whomever booked this place know it too!

• Stayed August 2013
Sunshine1270,

I would first like to thank you for providing such detailed feedback regarding your stay with us. I would love to discuss this further with you at your earliest convenience. I also would like to apologize that our hotel didn’t meet your needs during your stay. My contact information is below and i look forward to hearing from you. Thank you again for your time and business.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was so hesitant to stay at this hotel because of all the reviews but once I arrived I was relieved to see that the hotel was not what everyone kept complaining about. The lobby was a little hot but they were working on it while we were there so that was fine. When we went up to our room it was a little warm but I didn't notice the thermostat was on the wall and not the one by the window. Once we adjusted it, it was perfect! It is a little outdated but overall I thought it was good. It was very quiet and tranquil.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Perres100,

Thank you so much for providing valuable feedback regarding your stay at the Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport. Rest assured that your comments have been shared not only with the management staff of the hotel, but its associates as well. Please do not hesitate to contact me regarding any future reservations. Thank you for your time and business.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

The Crown Plaza brand brings some expectation....not in this hotel's case. While convenient location bring value everything else is simply bad. Rooms are filthy, cleaning may not take a place until afternoon ( cleaning crew is loud a 8 a.m. sought..). Maintenance is bad - room had a lots of dings and damaged spots.
Pool....this pool can actually win competition for one if the most filthy pools I ever seen...
Planes are roaring overhead - this is expected.
Air conditioner in the lobby palmist non existent and in room unit is loud like a disel generator.
I guess it is upgraded version of Motel - 8....
Breakfast - this is mediocre...holiday inn breakfasts are better in our days.
I will keep out of this dump in future.

• Stayed July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Airport, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear road_warrior_1970,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept our deepest apology for the over-all issues you had and any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. We have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Tulsa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was hesitant after reading the other reviews, but went with an open mind. The hotel is nice, the pool area is nice and the restaurant was nice. Granted the air conditioning was a little loud, but it drown out the aircraft flying over. It is an airport hotel. I stayed for 4 nights and honestly was going to give it a good review until the last morning. I found a bed bug on my pillow. To make sure I googled it and it was a bed bug. I even had bites. I have to give this hotel a low rating.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Airport, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Cindy S,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to San Antonio, TX

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Crowne Plaza Airport? Share your experiences!