“Great quiet place....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Airport

You added Crowne Plaza Airport to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 Northeast Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78209 (Formerly Radisson Hotel San Antonio Airport) (Northeast San Antonio)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #197 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Houston, Texas
“Great quiet place....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was so hesitant to stay at this hotel because of all the reviews but once I arrived I was relieved to see that the hotel was not what everyone kept complaining about. The lobby was a little hot but they were working on it while we were there so that was fine. When we went up to our room it was a little warm but I didn't notice the thermostat was on the wall and not the one by the window. Once we adjusted it, it was perfect! It is a little outdated but overall I thought it was good. It was very quiet and tranquil.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mike B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Airport, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Perres100,

Thank you so much for providing valuable feedback regarding your stay at the Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport. Rest assured that your comments have been shared not only with the management staff of the hotel, but its associates as well. Please do not hesitate to contact me regarding any future reservations. Thank you for your time and business.

210-828-9031 ext. 2153

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

The Crown Plaza brand brings some expectation....not in this hotel's case. While convenient location bring value everything else is simply bad. Rooms are filthy, cleaning may not take a place until afternoon ( cleaning crew is loud a 8 a.m. sought..). Maintenance is bad - room had a lots of dings and damaged spots.
Pool....this pool can actually win competition for one if the most filthy pools I ever seen...
Planes are roaring overhead - this is expected.
Air conditioner in the lobby palmist non existent and in room unit is loud like a disel generator.
I guess it is upgraded version of Motel - 8....
Breakfast - this is mediocre...holiday inn breakfasts are better in our days.
I will keep out of this dump in future.

• Stayed July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Airport, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear road_warrior_1970,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept our deepest apology for the over-all issues you had and any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. We have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Tulsa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was hesitant after reading the other reviews, but went with an open mind. The hotel is nice, the pool area is nice and the restaurant was nice. Granted the air conditioning was a little loud, but it drown out the aircraft flying over. It is an airport hotel. I stayed for 4 nights and honestly was going to give it a good review until the last morning. I found a bed bug on my pillow. To make sure I googled it and it was a bed bug. I even had bites. I have to give this hotel a low rating.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Airport, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Cindy S,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to San Antonio, TX

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have to say that the back to back weekend trips to San Antonio,Texas and stay at the Crowne Plaza airport location was comfortable and hospitable. The rooms were clean without odor. The linens were clean and additional items available upon request. The staff were inviting and courteous (Ms. Felicia and Ms. Giselle). The only minimal issue was that the walls were thin and could hear the neighboring resident. Overall, I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mike B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Airport, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Smiley3939,

Thank you so much for the feedback you provided regarding your most recent stay at the Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport. I've shared your review with the associates you mentioned. I hope that if your travels bring you back to San Antonio area that you will consider the Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport for your accommodations. Again, thank you for your feedback, time and business. Please do not hesitate to contact for future reservations.

210-828-9031
alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed for 1 night while on a road trip. The facility is quite old. Wall paper was peeling and the room was musty. The beds were clean, but the lack of any recent room updates made the room feel much dirtier than it actually was. The halls a few nasty used roll away beds waiting to be picked up that remained untouched for 12 hrs during out stay.

The hotel had a 3.5 star rating, but was only deserving of a 2 star rating at best. Expected more, and got far less. Booked via Priceline and got a good deal but would not stay there again for less money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mike B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
the_annual_trip,

I would like to thank you for providing valuable feedback regarding your most recent stay. I apologize that your stay was not successful. I would like to speak to you further with you regarding your stay. Thank you for your time and buisness. My contact information is below. I look forward to hearing from you.

Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport
210-828-9031 ext 2153
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Wow, I was very disappointed with this Crowne Plaza. My impression is they are trying to save money by having fewer workers. Our room was on the 9th floor - it was clean when we arrived. We stayed here for four days because my husband had training. On our first full day, our room was never cleaned, the second day - around 4:00 in the afternoon - I went down to let them know that our room had not been cleaned. The swimming pool needed cleaning - leaves in the pool, by the third day some had cleaned the pool and watered the plants. This should be a daily job. It is the little things. The fitness room was a pleasant surprise - many choices, two televisions and it is open 24 hours. The restaurant was adequate - reasonable prices for breakfast(the only meal we ate at the hotel). One problem with our room is the blue light that is emitted from the ac/heat control - it was very bright and filled the room - making it difficult to fall asleep. When I think of Crowne Plaza - I think luxury - this was not the case with this one.
The a/c in the lobby and restaurant did not seem to be working very well. Our room connected with another and the first night, the occupants had left their room with the tv on - noise was distracting in our room. Rooms are not very sound proof. A plus to our room was the microwave/refrigerator combination.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Mike B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Cacullom,

First thank you for the feedback you provided during your most recent stay. I apologize that your stay was not up to your expectations. I would love to discuss this with you at your earliest convenience. Your feedback has shared throughout the hotel. Thank you for your time and business. I look forward to hearing from you. My contact information is below.

Crowne Plaza San Antonio
210-828-9031 ext.2153
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed on the 5th floor. Fast elevators and smoking was allowed by the pool under the cabana. Room was very large. Carpet somewhat worn but clean. Only complaint was the AC made too much noise. Probably needed the filter cleaned. Air quality poor. Room had kitchen with electric range, micro and fridge. Kitchen equipped with pots and pans and utensils. I usually stay in San Antonio for a week at a time but this was just for one night. My next trip to San Antonio I will be booking this place for a week. Restaurant had very good hamburgers.

Room Tip: Park in the covered parking and go in the side door. You can get rooms pool side. Have two floors by...