I was SO excited when I found out this hotel had a kids SUITE with bunk beds, so I was all about booking it! It was unavailable on the website, but after a TON of scouting, I finally found it available on another site. I continued to book it, even though I couldn't find ANY pictures of the "kids suite". It was a little over $100, and definitely NOT worth it. I was disappointed with the hotel for that price, to say the least. When you think of a suite typically, what image comes to mind for you? A large room with some type of sitting area, along with other upgrades, key word "large", right? This room was essentially a regular-sized hotel room with a wall in the middle. No joke. The bunk beds were separated from the queen bed by a wall. No couch, no sitting area other than a tiny little table with a chair that barely fit in the room comfortably. The room looked entirely outdated and the bathroom looked either dirty or stained upon arriving, complete with hairs in the sink! The shower and bath ran at the same time because the lever wouldn't pull up all the way. The plus side was that the kids had their own flat screen TV on their side, although it barely fit. The free channels were VERY limited. My grandpa and his wife drove up to stay 2 nights with us, and they stayed in the hotel as well. We checked their room out at one point and it was much nicer than ours! The night we arrived, we had gotten in around 7pm and were all hungry, so we just decided to eat at the hotel restaurant, Cilantro! for dinner. When we sat down, we were the only people in there. The waiter took our order, and it took about 45 minutes to get our food! At least it tasted good when it finally did arrive, although that could have just been because we were so hungry! The lobby area was very nice and there is a nice fountain-type display in front of the elevator with fish on the top. The pool area is nice but I wouldn't consider the hot tub hot at all, more like a warm bath. We only swam twice, and the second time, it didn't look like the pool or hot tub had been cleaned at all, there were leaves and things all over, and there was even a towel that had been dropped in the pool. I'm usually NOT picky or hard to please at ALL, but I was just really upset considering I'd paid over $100/night for the room. That is a bit of a splurge, for me anyway. There was no kind of breakfast included in this rate, although their restaurant does offer breakfast. I called the site I'd booked the room through after the first night to see if they could just refund me because I was ready to just go stay somewhere else. The gentleman said he'd have to check with the hotel to see if they could refund me, and he'd get back to me. He was very nice, he got back to me and said a refund wasn't an option. The area wasn't bad, as there were many restaurants and things close by. Also, it's not a bad drive to downtown San Antonio, only about 10-15 minutes. Considering all the options I'd looked at, even with the bunk beds, I would definitely NOT stay here again. My kids (13 and 9 years old) said that the beds were more comfy at the Holiday Inn we'd stayed in the night before, and my partner and I agreed that our bed was more comfy there also!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a video tour of this hotel!Serving as the gateway to all that San Antonio has to offer, Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport is not your typical airport hotel. Offering affordable luxury, the Crowne Plaza provides guests with all the amenities and services expected at a first class full service hotel. Removing stress from the minute you arrive, our 24 hour complimentary shuttle service to San Antonio Intl Airport-SAT will also transport you to your destination within a 3 mile radius of the hotel between the hours of 6 AM - midnight. The hotel offers a prime location in the heart of San Antonio, whether your travels bring you to San Antonio on business, pleasure or a mix of both. The hotel is accessible to all San Antonio area attractions, including the historic Alamo, Sea World and Six Flags Fiesta Texas, upscale shopping at North Star Mall and Shops at La Cantera, the Quarry Market and Golf Club, Market Square and of course, the world famous Riverwalk and Rivercenter. From the minute you enter our doors experience southern hospitality in modern elegance. Our lobby offers an intimate library with fireplace coupled with the soothing sounds of an indoor water feature making it the perfect place to surf the web on our complimentary wireless high-speed Internet or take your laptop poolside to our outdoor heated pool and enjoy the outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, IHG and Hotels.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Airport Hotel San Antonio
- Crowne Plaza San Antonio
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Airport