I had no choice of where to stay this visit, and would never have chosen this myself. That said, it was fairly bearable. The shuttle was late picking me up at the airport, but the rest of the time it was excellent, and they seem to have a policy that they'll take you anywhere in a 5-mile radius and come back when you're ready. That radius includes NorthStar Mall, which has a pretty good selection of stores and restaurants, as well as many other restaurants etc. Our government rate included breakfast, but the restaurant wasn't ready for us the first morning. The breakfast taco I ordered (to go, so I was on our shuttle to work before I found out) was absolutely dreadful, with microwaved hamburger patty broken into several pieces instead of spicy shredded beef as promised - and breakfast tacos are one of my favorite things about San Antonio. The rest of the week they had the breakfast buffet going, and it was fine. I never saw more than a couple of people in the restaurant area outside breakfast time - they claim to have a lounge, but when I dialed it on the house phone the first night to see about getting a beer never got an answer.
My room was in a weird purgatory, about a 50-yard walk from the elevator winding around the hallway and then outside to a breezeway around the pool. I literally couldn't find it when I first got there, was dead tired and went from one end of the hall to the other twice thinking the alcove held only the ice machine, not a doorway outside to my room! The clerk told me only to turn right out of the elevator, didn't mention that it would be an IQ test to find it. As far as I could tell, no one else was staying in that entire area - I realize smoking rooms are less common these days, but really! Otherwise, it was quite comfortable, and certainly very quiet. Housekeeping was a little odd - took my bathmat without replacing, took towels I had hung up to keep another day, etc., but nothing terrible.
i would never stay in this place of my own choice, but it could have been much worse - if you end up here, you;ll probably survive, and I hope you're only paying the government rate, too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a video tour of this hotel!Serving as the gateway to all that San Antonio has to offer, Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport is not your typical airport hotel. Offering affordable luxury, the Crowne Plaza provides guests with all the amenities and services expected at a first class full service hotel. Removing stress from the minute you arrive, our 24 hour complimentary shuttle service to San Antonio Intl Airport-SAT will also transport you to your destination within a 3 mile radius of the hotel between the hours of 6 AM - midnight. The hotel offers a prime location in the heart of San Antonio, whether your travels bring you to San Antonio on business, pleasure or a mix of both. The hotel is accessible to all San Antonio area attractions, including the historic Alamo, Sea World and Six Flags Fiesta Texas, upscale shopping at North Star Mall and Shops at La Cantera, the Quarry Market and Golf Club, Market Square and of course, the world famous Riverwalk and Rivercenter. From the minute you enter our doors experience southern hospitality in modern elegance. Our lobby offers an intimate library with fireplace coupled with the soothing sounds of an indoor water feature making it the perfect place to surf the web on our complimentary wireless high-speed Internet or take your laptop poolside to our outdoor heated pool and enjoy the outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Crowne Plaza Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Airport Hotel San Antonio
- Crowne Plaza San Antonio
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Airport