This is certainly NOT a 3.5 star hotel. I may be from the northeast, but I know a 2 star junker when I see one. Firstly, they spray some scent in the hallways to cover up whatever stink that's there. Once you open the door, the odor of 1980 comes out--a lovely mold bouquet. I opened the refrigerator to put my groceries in, but alas! The fridge was not working. After this, I thought I would have a seat by the computer desk and there were suspect stains all over the top of the seat. I posted pictures on Yelp, and once I get around to it, I will post them here as well.
The bathroom was old, musty and needs serious updating. The bed is severely broken in...as a chiropractor I seriously don't recommend this for anyone's back. Luckily I was here on conference and could get my colleagues to help me out. But neck pain, back pain...count on it.
And finally, yes, if you are on a vacation, I wouldn't recommend this location if you want to rest. If you are here to wake up--the alarm of the airplanes overhead are sufficient since they start at 5:30AM. Not good for relaxing by the pool too as they go overhead...
I should give this one star, but the location is great, but I would not recommend this to ANYONE unless they give you a HUGE break in the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a video tour of this hotel!Serving as the gateway to all that San Antonio has to offer, Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport is not your typical airport hotel. Offering affordable luxury, the Crowne Plaza provides guests with all the amenities and services expected at a first class full service hotel. Removing stress from the minute you arrive, our 24 hour complimentary shuttle service to San Antonio Intl Airport-SAT will also transport you to your destination within a 3 mile radius of the hotel between the hours of 6 AM - midnight. The hotel offers a prime location in the heart of San Antonio, whether your travels bring you to San Antonio on business, pleasure or a mix of both. The hotel is accessible to all San Antonio area attractions, including the historic Alamo, Sea World and Six Flags Fiesta Texas, upscale shopping at North Star Mall and Shops at La Cantera, the Quarry Market and Golf Club, Market Square and of course, the world famous Riverwalk and Rivercenter. From the minute you enter our doors experience southern hospitality in modern elegance. Our lobby offers an intimate library with fireplace coupled with the soothing sounds of an indoor water feature making it the perfect place to surf the web on our complimentary wireless high-speed Internet or take your laptop poolside to our outdoor heated pool and enjoy the outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Airport Hotel San Antonio
- Crowne Plaza San Antonio
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Airport