“Tsk . . . Tsk . . .” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hyatt San Antonio

You added Grand Hyatt San Antonio to your Saves list
Grand Hyatt San Antonio
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   600 East Market Street, San Antonio, TX 78205 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #39 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersSilver level
Italy
“Tsk . . . Tsk . . .”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed at the Grand Hyatt with points from frequent visits to other properties . . . so, we know how a Hyatt should "be." We made arrangements online for a room with two beds. Upon closer inspection, it appeared that the beds were not queen as advertised, but double beds. Let's face it, the American population is not "double-sized" bed material! So, back on the phone and the adjustment was made for a room with at least one roll-away. We arrived to the room that had a Murphy bed, a pull-out, and NO roll-away . . . this was made WORSE by the fact that not ONE of the beds was made! Come ON this is a hotel . . . bed linens are part of everyday life. We called once, twice, and by the third time I was not singing Lionel Ritchie's THREE times a LADY!!! The reservation was made for (4) people who would be showering, sleeping, and hopefully using towels and sheets. After the third call, we did get the bed linens, but they forgot the towels and PILLOWS! I cannot imagine how many times we ended up calling, but this was a shameful stay and the hotel needs to do better. On the other hand the VALET PARKING guys have their act together. So, you can get good service with the car, but you will not have any sheets or pillows in your room . . . BAD

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Hungarian first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Everything started positively: although the room we booked was not available, we were proposed an upgrade; with twin beds, inconvenience compensated by the access to the club. The room was definitely good with a good view.
Then honey moon was over. We spent the next two days being denied what was initially offered to us:
- twice the breakfast was charged and every time I got to call and fight to remind that my AAA deal included breakfast
- the first time we tried to access the club, our keys were denied and we got to fight one more time to get what was promised the night before
- then, every time I check in, I ask to be confirmed what is included: parking was said to be included for the weekend. Keys were activated for the parking for the weekend. When I disputed the check out bill for breakfast, I was suddenly told that Saturday parking was not included (after the fact). I complained one more time. I was asked to come to talk to the manager. By the time my wife comes down, it is no more on the bill.
- many times we are said one thing and its opposite. One example: we arrive for breakfast and are said that if breakfast is included we can order anything. My wife order eggs. Then later we are said that only buffet is included, my wife cancels the order and go to have the same eggs at the buffet station...

Besides I don't get overall this scrooge's way of dealing with customer:
- parking included every day but Saturday; seriously?
- wifi not included when a basic Holiday Inn includes it! And you are even asked to pay $2 extra to get real full speed? Where is Hyatt value added to this service?

Bottom line my wife and I got very tired to deal with the staff of this hotel. I was looking forward to leave that place soon.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Charles, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Took Atwood grade grade for a deluxe King, good sized room but lost 100 square feet to a hallway serving no purpose. The we're two minuscule drawers, with barely enough room for underwear and socks for four days. The closet was also tiny, our four days of clothes were jammed into it.

Bath had a shower/tub combination from the 50's. No robes! I do expect some amenities for $300 a night.

On the plus side we had electric outlets for all six devises, which is always a concern. And the high speed Internet never paused during our 4 days.

Room Tip: There are rooms on the fifth floor that have private patios.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Canton, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed at the Grand Hyatt while attending a conference at the Gonzalez Convention Center. This hotel is one of the best I have ever stayed at for business. The location could not have been any better - it was literally a few steps to the nearest convention center door and few more steps got me to the River Walk – and from there all the city life is accessible.
Pros: Extremely polite and helpful staff, very clean lobby and room, comfortable bed, nice linens, large bathroom and bathroom countertop with good lighting, speedy internet, nice television, flexible lighting in room, desk with plugs for working, and huge kudos goes out to the Grand Hyatt for having electrical outlets on the top of both nightstands! I could plug in all my electronics to have them accessible from bed without moving furniture or running an extension cord!!
Cons: Pretty hard to come up with any. The bath products were a little fruity for my taste but probably high end. It is also not an inexpensive place to stay but at least they don’t leave you wishing for more for your money.

Room Tip: If you can get a room above the 20th floor, the elevator bank that serves those floors are less crow...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We used the Grand Hyatt San Antonio for our hotel to attend a meeting in the convention center. This hotel is connected to the convention center which made getting to and from the meeting easy and effortless. The check in process was efficient and the front desk person was extremely friendly and helpful. Parking was easy as well. The room is slightly smaller than average but not an issues. The view is scenic and soothing. The bed was slightly softer than I prefer but comfortable. The room was clean and the bathroom had nice supplies. Check out was a breeze as well as exiting from the garage and getting on the highway was close.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

This is my 2nd stay here and it is very nice! The hotel is very well appointed and right in the middle of all the fun sights! The food is great especially the breakfast buffet. Definitely one of my favorite places to travel for business.

• Stayed May 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Hotel was great, staff accomodated my requst for an improved room after the initial room was in a bad location. Hotel was very convenient to the downtown riverwalk, right outside the lower lobby. I will stay at this hotel again while in downtown SA

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Grand Hyatt San Antonio? Share your experiences!