“perfect if you want to be close to convention center, catholic church and riverwalk” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hyatt San Antonio

You added Grand Hyatt San Antonio to your Saves list
Grand Hyatt San Antonio
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   600 East Market Street, San Antonio, TX 78205 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #39 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersSilver level
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

i was in san antonio for a conference. i had a great stay at this new hotel with excellent accomodations, amenities and central to everything. it is adjoining the convention center and right on the riverwalk. the cafe achiote is superb for inexpensive lunch buffet and the bar rojo is hip and fun.

• Stayed February 2013
SATGH, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Antonio, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for this kind review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our property during your business trip. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you enjoyed our food and beverage outlets. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Hungarian first
Houston, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This was a beautiful hotel. Valet was pricey; but worth it- such gentlemen. Sushi was great. Front desk was quick. Pool is small, but was not packed. Bell hop's were friendly and informative. River taxi picks up at the hotel!! :) Very accomdating to our needs. Only downfall- no mini fridge! Would stay here again if we return to San Antonio.

Room Tip: High floor- excellent view!! :)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hi Rachel, We enjoyed reading your feedback and are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Please contact our guest services department for a mini fridge during your next stay. Looking forward to your next visit.
Temple, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Grand Hyatt while attending a convention. We chose this hotel based solely on it's proximity to the convention center because I am nine months pregnant and didn't want to have to walk very far all the time! So if you want convenience to the convention center, this is the place for you.
However, this hotel is pricier than I would usually pick even though I didn't personally pay for the room, and is not really nicer than any other of the downtown/convention center/river walk hotels in the area. (We've been to SA for conventions twice a year for the past 9 years or so, so we've stayed at a lot of the hotels in the area.)
Two things I disliked are the parking ($25 a night) and the fact that there's not free wireless in rooms. It seems that if they're going to charge that much for you to stay there that they should at least be providing these things for less or for free.
However, there is a parking garage directly across the street which only charges $9, regardless of how long you stay parked there, so I really liked that we could park our car so close to the hotel at a cheaper rate than the hotel could offer. Most hotels don't have a cheaper parking option nearby.
There is a bar in the hotel, which charged me $3 for a tiny glass of Dr. Pepper, and also a restaurant which we did not eat at. The bar and lobby areas are nice for lounging, talking with friends, or just people watching on a busy evening. BTW, this is where the Dallas Cowboys stay when they come in the summer for training camp. Talk about people watching!
The room itself was nice but again, nothing spectacular. We were on the 14th floor, street-side, and we could still hear a lot of noise from the street, from cars to firetrucks to revelers walking back to wherever after a night of bar hopping. The chaise lounge chair was really comfortable and there is a mini-fridge in every room. Other than that, the only thing I can say is that the sink in the bathroom was too high for my short self and very pregnant belly to reach over! :)
Lastly, the hotel staff was very friendly, especially a bell hop who took time to ask me how I was doing after seeing an emotional spectacle the day before.

Room Tip: I think rooms on the South side of the building would be quieter and probably have less light shinin...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
SATGH, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Antonio, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Hi Jennifer, Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel's comfort and convenience during your convention. We appreciate your comments and suggestions and hope to see you again soon.
Deer Park, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Booked thru Priceline and got a great deal. Got to the hotel 3 hrs. before check in and was very surprised that our room was ready. Front desk was very welcoming and made us feel as the most important guest there. (true customer service!) The garage is a little pain and the cost of $25 + tax is a little annoying but did not come as a surprise. Since it was great weather we walked to our event at the Alamodome just a 10 minute walk. Later we walked to the riverwalk for dinner and drinks. Hotel is in a great location. Room was clean and stylish. Really enjoyed the stay and will stay there again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Regina, SK. Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were here for a conference that was held at this hotel. Our service was excellent, the location fantastic and the conference was good too!
The hotel is located right on the Riverwalk which makes being a tourist in San Antonio very easy. The restaurant at the hotel had excellent food for lunch and the breakfast buffet had lots of choices and fresh, made to order omelettes.
A very good stay in a great location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for this kind review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our property’s Riverwalk location. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed at the Grand Hyatt from 02/17/13 - 02/19/13. Very nice place - parking is in underground basement garage can be tricky if you have a large oversized vehicle. My stay was very business. I had a king room on the 7th floor, view of the roof below...not great but it wasn't a big deal. The fitness center is really nice used the treadmills both mornings I was there but they have variety of equipment to use stationary bikes, ellipticals. weight room, and yoga room. Access to the riverwalk is great, easy walking distance to RiverCenter Mall and right across river from Henry B Gonzales Convention Center. Overall a very nice, convenient place to stay on the Riverwalk.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HI Trisha, We appreciate your feedback on your recent business trip. Looking forward to seeing you soon!
West Columbia, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I booked this hotel for a convention held in January 2013. Since parking a rental car in their garage would cost as much as I spend on meals in four days, I took the shuttle from/to the airport. Quick 20 minute ride each way. Upon arrival at 2:45 PM, check in was fast. The pleasant young lady at the front desk asked if I would take a double room and check in now or wait for the king room I had requested (room would be ready around 4:00 PM). No worries, I took the double and was pleasantly suprised that I would be on the 23rd floor where the Club Room is located.

Room was fine, what I expected from a Hyatt business hotel. Carpet in the halls is a little worn and I would like to see more TV channels in HD, but I came here for a convention, not to watch a lot of TV. Room was nice and clean. Did some exploring and made a stop by the Club Room. The staff comes in around 4-4:30 to set up the food that is made available starting at 5:00 PM. Since it was only 3:30 PM, I got a Diet Coke from the fridge and walked around the hotel area.

The hotel is located at the end of the River Walk. Takes about 10 minutes of walking to get to the restaurants. Very touristy. During the week I had diner at two of the River Walk restaurants and was not impressed. You can see the reviews on Landry's Seafood and The County Line here on Tripadvisor. Best meals I had all week were at Zushi Sushi, 15 min. walk from the hotel and a great NY Strip steak from the hotel room service on my last night.

Everyone I met at the Hyatt always asked if they could help me and they all seemed to mean it. The Concierge staff at the front desk and the Club Room were top notch!! It was really nice to have breakfast in the early am, bottled water, juice, soda and lite snacks available during the day and food served at 5:00 PM until 8:00 PM. Not enough for a real diner but helped keep the hungar at bay. Drinks in the Club Room are half of what they charge in the hotel bar. Nice!!! At 8:00 PM, the staff puts out some deserts to help with the sweet tooth. I really liked the coffee machine in the Club Room, easy to use and makes a great cup of coffee! The computers and printer in the Club Room made it easy to print out my boarding passes Friday night.

I did use the workout room. Large area and good tread mills. The place does get busy very early in the am. Wish I had time to use the heated outdoor pool.

If I had one observation for the hotel manager it would be to put a restroom in/near the Club Room. Very anoeying to have to go back to your room.

Thanks to the Concierge staff for making my four night stay at the Grand Hyatt very comfortable. They made it feel like home. I book about 300 hotel rooms a year for our flight crews. I would choose a Hyatt property any time they are available.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 23rd floor. Makes it easy to visit the Club Room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Grand Hyatt San Antonio? Share your experiences!