“Nice hotel, some problems” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hyatt San Antonio

Save Saved
You added Grand Hyatt San Antonio to your Saves list
Grand Hyatt San Antonio
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   600 East Market Street, San Antonio, TX 78205 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #41 of 350 hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice hotel, some problems”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

I am staying here currently. The hotel is new (seeming) and the staff is nice, however, I would like to point out a couple of problems with this hotel.

First, I am surprised they do not offer free wired or wireless internet. This is a CONFERENCE hotel, meaning there are many businesses (and military personnel) who need access to the internet during presentations and for office work in the hotel rooms. I was shocked they are charging $10 a day for this. I hope they phase these charges out soon or I am sure they will lose customers to the Marriott across the street which does not charge for internet.

Also, due to some complication with my reservation, the hotel checked me out after the first night of my four night stay. Then they checked someone else into my room. I didn't realize i had checked out until my room key suddenly stopped working. Although the staff was apologetic they did not offer me anything free, such as a free night's stay or at least complimentary internet for the trouble. Some of my items could have been stolen.

On the plus side, the staff is nice and courteous and the hotel has a nice gym and pool.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

1,030 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Anderson, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

My husband and I went to San Antonio because he had business to do there. We stayed in the Hyatt because that's where his conference was held. The hotel was very nice and quiet. It had a big pool and a nice size workout room loaded with a lot of different machines. The bed was comfortable, the food was good, the staff was friendly, and the hotel was very convenient. It was close to the Boardwalk, and all sorts of nice restaurants and shopping centers. The only thing we didn't like about the hotel is that we had to pay for internet, which most hotels include that in their price. It was $10 for 24 hours. Overall, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
SATGH, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Antonio, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
Thank you for your feedback Traci. We enjoyed hearing details on your stay and are happy to hear you enjoed our pool and StayFit gym. Looking forward to your next trip to the Alamo city!
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

My wife and I had room 1212. My wife was here for a business conference. We overlooked Market Street. The room was comfortable, spacious, and quiet. It had a wonderful chaise lounge by the window that my wife adored. The hotel was adjacent to the Riverwalk and close to the River Center Mall. It is next to the Convention Center. The Alamo was on the other side of the mall. We loved walking along the Riverwalk and exploring the nooks and restaurants. You can walk to where you need to go. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Just ask for a nice room.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate your detailed review and know that other San Antonio travelers will find this information helpful. Looking forward to your next visit!
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed here for a business conference so I did not research other hotels to compare amenities or price.

Overall, I am satisfied with my stay. Here are the positives and negatives:

The positives: The location is convenient to the riverwalk and the Alamo. All the staff I encountered were very attentive and friendly. I ordered room service a few times and they were prompt and accurate. I also liked that the room had a mini fridge.

The negatives: TV did not have a wide selection of channels; wi fi is not free; curtains let in light on top.

Room Tip: Not sure if all rooms have a mini fridge but mine did.
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

This is a relatively new hotel in San Antonio with access to the famous Riverwalk, so it is an excellent location. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was well-appointed and had everything needed, as well as a comfortable bed. I was a bit surprised that they lacked a few of the bath amenities I would have expected for this type of hotel (shower gel, shower cap), but the essentials were there. The "Grand Club" is very nice, serving a complimentary breakfast, hors d'oevres and desserts. Staff there were very accomodating.
I was there for a meeting and we arranged a dinner on a river barge through the catering staff. There was a bit of disconnect between thte staff we talked to and the staff that set up the barge regarding the time we were supposed to start and the number of people, etc. However, it was a lovely experience once all that was sorted out.
I would recommend to others.

Room Tip: Would upgrade to get "Grand Club" access if possible
Seattle WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011 via mobile

As they say location is everything.
You can't go wrong with the Grand Hyatt. Rooms were decent size. Very very quiet. Ask for upper floor.
Bathrooms were clean however seemed to be a constant shortage of towels and we had to request more. I would stay again. The staff really make the difference here, they are very kind and helpful. A few items that could be changed, bottom fitted sheet never stayed on ,wake up in a tangled sheet every day. Other people in our large group had same issue. Also a map of where pool is, and basic hotel outline in room would be helpful. Finally I used Starbucks across the street for free wifi. Seems crazy to charge for Internet on rooms anymore.

• Stayed September 2011
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel with my family twice now for a hardware convention, and we absolutely love it. We never had any issues with the service and the staff was very nice and helpful. We order room service a few times, the pricing was average, however certain items were expensive. The rooms are very pretty, but my favorite thing about this hotel is the gym. It is BEAUTIFUL! Great views. I rarely get up early to jog, but when I stay here I do because it's such a gorgeous view!! Great equipment as well. I never went to the pool, but it's very pretty as well. The beds were very comfortable, I had a hard time waking up! Over all, I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
SATGH, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Antonio, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
Thank you Taylor for taking the time to review our hotel! We appreciate your feedback and enjoyed reading about your recent visits. We look forward to seeing you again!

Been to Grand Hyatt San Antonio? Share your experiences!