“Authentic, Affordable, NY Style Pizza next to Omni Colonnade” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Goomba's Pizzaria

Goomba's Pizzaria
9825 W IH 10, San Antonio, TX 782330 (North Central)
210-625-4452
Cuisines: Pizza
Neighborhood: North Central
Neighborhood: North Central
Salado, Texas
“Authentic, Affordable, NY Style Pizza next to Omni Colonnade”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Cheesy, greasy, thin, and hand tossed NY Style Pizza with quick efficient service just down the street (an easy short walk) from the Omni Colonnade. If you're really hungry, try the 20" Giant on for size! Sauce could use a little more umphh, but otherwise it was a very positive dining experience....much better than ANY of the chains.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

San Antonio, Texas
“Tasty, Cheap Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I ordered the meatball sandwich when I tried it out for the first time. I wasn't disappointed, but I wasn't really impressed either. Their sauce tasted pretty run-of-the-mill and the meatballs weren't anything special. I think this sandwich would be KILLER if the roll was toasted, the sauce was made with more spices, the cheese was fresh and the meatballs had a bit of a crust. We also tried their pizza rolls- DELISH. A little bready, but totally worth $4.95. I can't really complain when I got two sandwiches, two appetizers and two desserts for less than $25.

This is a pretty average pizza place that is totally worth a try, especially if you're on a tight budget. Give it a try!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Goodlettsville, Tennessee
“Great Food; Made When Ordered!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We visited this restaurant due to its proximity to our hotel and we were very impressed. The food was absolutely amazing. Two of us had pepperoni pizza slices (you can order by the slice) and the other two we were with had Strombolis. They were still talking about how good the Stromboli was for days afterward. Everything is made when you order and comes out hot and steaming from the pizza oven. I definitely recommend this place when you are in San Antonio!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
vacationfamily3
“Excellent Pizza PIe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Fast pick up, fresh ingredients! superb taste! The spinach and mozzarella bread was great too! Nice staff.

Visited March 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Meatball XL Pizza + Best Calzones (take-out)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Last time I ate here was in 2009. Service department was struggling for a while but the food quality was always great.

So last time I was here I got my food on time... BUT my buddy still waited FOREVER after my order had already come! What is so hard about this?

I am giving it 4 stars for the QUALITY of the FOOD and to me this is now a TAKE OUT ONLY place!

• Visited May 2012