“Home away from home for whole family” 5 of 5 stars
Review of O'Casey's Bed and Breakfast

Save Saved
You added O'Casey's Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
O'Casey's Bed and Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   225 West Craig Place, San Antonio, TX 78212 (Midtown)   |
Ranked #6 of 48 San Antonio B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“Home away from home for whole family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is my first stay at a B&B and O'Casey's has set my standards high. I can't believe I never considered a B&B before. We stayed in the 2 bedroom Kerry Suite. Suite is very spacious and my 15 year old loved that he had his own space. He kind of wished that the secondary bedroom had its own TV, but with a full day at Sea World he did not miss TV very much. He gives a thumb up for the excellent Wi-Fi that kept all his gadgets connected. My 4 year old could have slept on the pullout trundle, but of course she preferred to stay in the main bedroom with Mom and Dad. Thank goodness for the king size bed! We had access to the front balcony which included a sitting area. Maybe next visit, we will have additional downtime to enjoy the balcony more. Absolutely loved the historic house and how well it has been restored. Lots of outside areas to sit and relax too! Breakfast was unique and delicious. It included standard offerings for kids like cereal and toast, but the main entrees were different each day. We really enjoyed the breakfast beans and corn dishes. We have definitely found our go to spot for when we visit San Antonio again. O'Casey's is the place to relax and actually feel like you are getting away from everything instead of the generic commercialized feeling you get from staying in a hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is an absolutely beautiful bed and breakfast that I cannot recommend highly enough. Situated in a great area of the city and in a charming house, you really get more of a glimpse into regular San Antonio life here; much more so than if you stay at any of the big hotel chains downtown anyway. The breakfast was DELICIOUS and they were able to accommodate to my gluten-free diet by making me delicious gluten-free pancakes. The grounds are beautifully maintained, with tables outside where you can eat and drink wine, and even a swing. We stayed in the Galway Room, which was so charming; the bathroom was not very practical, but very cute. Madonna was so much fun to talk to and is so welcoming. I would definitely return but I'll soon be moving to San Antonio!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I enjoyed my overnight in this charming B & B located in the Monte Vista neighborhood. It's an old house with the usual creaky floors and stubborn windows, but the staff is friendly and wonderfully accommodating--the owner offered me a ride to my nearby conference since it was pouring rain! That's why you stay in a B & B rather than an impersonal hotel. Wish I could have stayed longer.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

What a treasure! My wife and I stayed one night and wished we had made it our whole stay in Sna Antonio. We were greeted by Hannah who made us at home instantly. We stayed in the Dublin Room which was warm and cozy. After settling in, we sat under the gazebo and relaxed in the quietness of the neighborhood. Breakfast the following morning was delicious with eggs, potatoes, a fruit compote, among other offerings of toast, cereal, yogurt, etc. We will be staying here on our next trip to the city.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I enjoyed staying in the Barnley Loft. The bathroom is small but the room was a nice size enough room to do a quick workout. There is a cute desk upon walking in and to the right is the queen size bed. This room is on the second floor located behind the main house. (The stairs are exposed to the elements so if it's difficult to go up stairs you may freeze in the winter and burn in the summer taking your time going up these stairs.) It has a decent size kitchen with a table to sit down and eat along with a twin size bed with a privacy screen. I have only been able to stay for one night at a time but I have enjoyed the atmosphere and how the staff is cheerful and friendly but keep to themselves unless you approach them. Breakfast is delicious. They have it buffet style which is nice. There are several seating areas throughout the house outside, so if you're in different groups you can still have your privacy but close enough if willing to socialize. The rooms have been nice although the only room I would not recommend is the Dublin room. It's still a pleasant room but not as nice as the others. The neighborhood is nice and there are a few restaurants within walking distance (two to three blocks away).

Room Tip: I love that they are pet friendly. You just have to notify them in advance and pay a $25 pet fee. J...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed for 9 nights and had a most relaxing and comfortable stay. I found them on the internet. Close to the airport and downtown but in a quiet neighborhood. The breakfasts were delicious and many had a southwest flair that were prepared by Cherith, who happens to be a trained chef. The two gals that run the B&B were very helpful and friendly. They both gave us ideas were to look for an apartment for our daughter that is moving to the area. The room was comfortable and the sitting area peaceful. The price was very reasonable, a good deal. The neigborhood is beautiful and I felt very safe jogging through the neighborhood. I would definately stay there again when I go to San Antonio.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Londonberry room which at the bakc of the house and is just above the kitchen. We...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
St Louis MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I've stayed at O'Casey's numerous times while in San Antonio for business, and will continue to do so. O'Casey's is located in a historic district that is safe and well-kept. The house is fully restored, elegant, and spotless, and the staff are cheerful, friendly, and care about every detail. I spend exactly what I would for a sterile, soul-less night at a chain hotel, while enjoying a gourmet breakfast with people from all over the country and world, in a unique and cheerful setting. I highly recommend this B and B, especially to business travelers who can enjoy every amenity that a chain hotel affords, but without the soccer team making noise until 3 am on your floor!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to O'Casey's Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!