“My all time favourite B&B experience.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of O'Casey's Bed and Breakfast

You added O'Casey's Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
O'Casey's Bed and Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   225 West Craig Place, San Antonio, TX 78212 (Midtown)   |
Ranked #11 of 45 San Antonio B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“My all time favourite B&B experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

Wonderful wonderful people, and a real home from home. Clean, bright, historic, friendly, big breakfasts, lovely rooms and extremely reasonable pricing. I was travelling alone from London and was nervous about the 105 degree heat during one of the area's hottest ever summers, but the AC kept the house cool, and I felt so comfortable and looked after that it really made my trip. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place to anyone. Madonna and Kristen have turned the upkeep of the house into a real labour of love - going to great lengths to make all the details - paintings, ornaments, windchimes, guestbooks, dinner service....everything really just that little bit special.

Room Tip: I was in the Dublin room - I thought it might be noisy as it was near the kitchen, but it wasn't...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Helensvale , Austral
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

This great B&B located in an historic mansion just a short bus ride (No.5) from downtown is now owned and run by Aussie Madonna ably assisted by Kristen & Hannah. They have updated the rooms and provide a very welcoming and homely environment. We had a lovely ensuited room - The Galway - and were offered use of the lounge room, etc during our stay. The girls cook an amazing breakfast and serve it at a huge dining room table. Staying at O'Caseys was a highlight of our trip in the US.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

If you want a very pretty B&B, excellent value and great food, I have the place. O'Casey's Bed and Breakfast. In the historic Monte Vista neighborhood, great place to walk and given the houses near by, you can easily fantacize about your own B&B. Neighborhood has two neat restaurants, Mexican and Italian, all within a three block walk and less than a 5 minute drive is the Olmos Circle neighborhood with even more great places to eat and shop. Also, O'Casey's is pet friendly, a rare treat for a B&B. The breakfast is included and it is a serious breakfast, not just juice and muffins. It is reasonabley close to downtown and the Riverwalk, but you can see a side of SA that most people miss by staying here.

Room Tip: There are two suites with kitchens in the "carriage house/converted garage" and while not...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

When my husband (a Catholic deacon) offiicated at a wedding at nearby Incarnate Word University chapel, the young couple explained that they put us up at O'Casey's B&B since hotels seemed expensive and faraway. And we absolutely celebrated their thoughtfulness and O'Casey's ambiance. Historic home, high ceilings, spacious, incredibly gourmet breakfasts with an attentive, good-natured staff (owner Madonna, Kristin, and Hannah). We quickly decided that we would return here in November for our 45th anniversary (we married in San Antonio) instead of the hassle of flying off somewhere during Thanksgiving week. Instead we will retrace our younger times in San Antonio--the B&B is so convenient to the Riverwalk and great entertainment. Our Kerry Suite with its balcony is the ideal room--don't take it before we reserve it! Dorothy in Austin

Room Tip: The suites facing the street have a cool balcony. There also is an outdoor fireplace for those winte...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

Had never stay at a bed and breakfast, so I was a little nervous. But this bed and breakfast was excellent. The property was very well maintained. The staff (another guest) made us feel right at home. The patio was awesome. The room was cozy with a very comfortable bed. We stay in the Dublin room and it had it own private bathroom, and the room tempeture was to my comfort. (I like it real cold). The breakfast was prepared when we were ready( I ask if they would cook it 30 earlier than the usual start time, and they did this). the breakfast was excellent with fresh fruit, eggs, bacon and french toast. The price of our stay was very reasonable and free parking!!!. Will stay again!!

Room Tip: I recccommend the Dublin room because is located downstairs and secluded.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Mansfield, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

My wife and I spent a few nights at O'Casey's BnB for our anniversary and a nice weekend get away. Madonna, Kristin, and Hannah were very sweet, helpful, and made a wonderful breakfast. The BnB is warm and welcoming. The location is perfect, 10 mins from downtown/Market Square, and easy access to highways, a close grocery store, and even walking distance to two great restaurants. We will definitely recommend this to friends and family going to San Antonio, and hope to return!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Derby, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

I debated about booking at O'Casey's after reading a prior review about noise and children living in the home. This was not a problem as it is now under new ownership. Madonna is a wonderful host and very friendly, as is her staff. I was traveling with my son, so we stayed in the Dublin, a room on the main floor with double beds. It was a nice room with plenty of natural light, a large closet and a nice private bath. Although it had two beds, it was quite roomy, and the beds were wonderfully comfortable. The public areas were comfortably furnished and welcoming. The outside area was outstanding! Plenty of seating either on the porch or in the patio area. A grill for guest use, an outside fireplace, and of course a sturdy porch swing.
We only ate one breakfast while there, but it was delicious! There was toast, cereal and yogurt available, as well as coffee and orange juice. We were served a wonderful fresh fruit salad along with scrambled eggs, bacon and waffles, all freshly prepared.
The Dublin does sit next to the kitchen, and after getting up in the morning, I could hear activity in the kitchen, but it was not loud enough to wake me. The remainder of the rooms in the main house are located upstairs, so it is doubtful any of them would hear any noise at all. The only suggestion I would make is that they place blow dryers in the rooms for guest use. I do not generally travel with one, but luckily had family in town to borrow from. There was an iron and ironing board available however, which was a nice bonus.
I would definitely return on my next visit to San Antonio.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to O'Casey's Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!