“Great little B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Noble Inns - The Jackson House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Antonio
Noble Inns - The Jackson House
You added Noble Inns - The Jackson House to your Saves list
107 Madison St, San Antonio, TX 78204 (Arsenal)   |
Ranked #11 of 46 San Antonio B&B and Inns
Austin, Texas
“Great little B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

It was a great place to stay close to the Riverwalk. We stayed at the Jackson House for two nights in the middle of the week. There is a lot of history in the house which was interesting to learn about. It is also within walking distance from a microbrewery, which is a plus for sure :)
My wife and I are both vegetarians and they were very happy to fix us a delicious vegetarian breakfast. The woman who made our breakfast was very helpful and friendly. She offered directions around town to where we were headed and then followed up the next morning asking about the exhibit we went to see. She had a genuine interest in talking with us and helping any way she could.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Riverside, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

We found out about The Jackson House thru Groupon & of course being the first use of Groupon, we were a little leary. We called & got all the info we needed & decided to go for it! What a wonderful time we had. Kathy, the inn keeper was very nice & very helpful to us. Our upstairs room was AMAZING!! Although we did have to go about a block away for breakfast at a sister in , the service & the food were GREAT! We would definitely recommend this B & B ... And we will definitely start searching out B & B's for future stays!!

• Stayed October 2012
Cibolo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We do not have any kind of a check list to go by for giving ratings or a review so I will use the kind of list that mattered to me for my anniversary surprise to my wife.
1. Downtown locale with some privacy--check
2. Private parking--check
3. Affordable rates--check
4. Come and go access with security--check
5. Multiple rooms to choose from--check
6. Flexible meal plans--check
7. Walking distance to local venues--check
There are certainly other itmes to consider but these were the ones I was able to confirm online and with a phone call.
Once my wife and I showed up we were treated very nicely and was helped by Kathy throughout our stay for the weekend. The Jackson house is very nice and well kept and is accomodating for an antique atmosphere with current updates for day to day activity. We enjoyed our meal in the morning and were able to go out into the meighborhood for garage sales and just plain sight seeing. The staff was helpful in pointing out areas of interest as well. In the evening we were able to walk to a local restaurant and have a wonderful meal. Once back inside the Jackson House, we were able to have some coffee and cookies and relax before retiring to our room. The rooms are spacious and more than adequate for a couple wishing to get away from things for the weekend. A small heated pool and a secluded backyard sitting area was nice as well.
The Jackson House is a wonderful bed and breakfast and we do plan to come back again.
Thanks to the Nobel Family and the Staff at the Jackson House for a memoriable stay and anniversary experience!

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms are larger. Upstairs are cozier for couples.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I had a great 3-day getaway to friendly San Antonio and were very pleased with our stay at the Jackson House. The room was comfortable, the bed pleasingly firm -- and we loved being able to enjoy a fire with the flick of a switch on a rainy Sunday morning. The staff was helpful with advance advice about restaurants, etc. Great coffee and satisfying breakfast. Finding the chocolate chip cookies & lemonade when our plane got in late made us smile. The spa pool house out back was charming and made me wish it was a little bit warmer so we could use it. We walked downtown easily, and the neighborhood also is just a block away from multiple bus lines that can take you south to the Missions or downtown & out to the museums.

Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have family in San Antonio and travel there from Chicago, at least once a year. Jackson House has been my "home" every time. The location is excellent, my favorite room upstairs is very comfortable and quiet, which I value since I am a light sleeper; and the innkeeper is fantastic. She always is helpful with all sorts of tips and advise to make my visit easy and enjoyable, and she solves any problem I may have, from printing boarding passes to helping me find a item for a gift. If there is something you are not comfortable with, they explain why things are they way they are, for example the air conditioning rules, don't adjust it to your liking since it will affect the other rooms, or if you want more or less of something in the morning, for example I like more meat and less carbs. Very accommodating and hospitable. I go back each time, been doing so for several years.

Room Tip: Room number 5, "my room" is so cozy, with a window nook, great for cuddling up and reading...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Last year, my husband & I stayed at The Jackson House. We loved the place but will never go back. The advertisement was that we would receive "cookies & afternoon aperitif's." When we asked the "woman in charge," when they would be available, she became very offensive & argumentative. We said we did not want to argue with her but she kept telling us how busy she was and how many people she had to deal with & all her problems. None of which was necessary... all we wanted to know was when we would get the cookies that had been promised & the "aperitif"... (and trust me, we did NOT say it in an offensive way)... she then said, "What's an aperitif? We don't have any of that kind of stuff." She treated us as if we were lying to her. We tried to explain that it was in the advertisement. When we showed her the advertisement (which she insisted on seeing) rather than say, "Oh, I'm so sorry, I didn't realize that." or something else that would be friendly, she continued to argue & give us excuses & tell us again all her problems. She followed us half way up the stairs. We told her we didn't need to hear all that, it was just a question. The next day the owners treated us with a bit of the same attitude. If we hadn't stayed in several other places during those 2 weeks, it could have ruined our vacation. The place is lovely, if you go take your swim suit... but don't expect the staff to be nice. As for us, no matter how good a deal, we won't go again. There are many other places in San Antonio without the attitudes & excuses. We have never left our opinion before but the staff was so bad that we decided to "join" tripadvisor so our voice could be heard. It was definitely NOT heard while we were staying at this place.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Donald N, Owner at Noble Inns - The Jackson House, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
I'm so sorry this guest feels they were not responded to properly. We put out refreshments in the afternoon for all out guests. These include home-made cookies that we bake daily. It also includes iced tea or lemonade, ice, etc. In the evening we have a decanter of sherry and port that we are happy to provide to all guests. I asked our innkeeper about this report and she had no recollection of the event. I can't imagine why she would have had an objection to doing something that we do every day, for every guest??? My only guess is that she wasn't sure what was meant by an "aperitif", since I don't think this word is part of most people's common vocabulary, and was trying to make sure exactly what the guest was requesting. In any event, I'm sorry that they felt the response was not what it should have been.
Houston, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

First the good stuff. The Jackson House was very pretty, with lots of great furniture, knick-knacks, books and historical things. And that's about all I can say about it. From the time we got there, it was apparent that it was a money-making enterprise, not a labor of love. The owners, who we saw only one of, only briefly one morning, don't take much interest in the day-to-day running of the inn. Their surrogates are nice enough, but not really caring about their visitors. There were problems with the cooling (which visitors have zero control over) and the plumbing and the common room equipment and really just about everything. The inkeepers were pretty much invisible, but I give them a break here. They need vacations too. They might be much more interactive at other times.

The breakfasts ranged from unimaginative to inedible. One tasteless fruit dish and one tasteless egg dish with cheap, greasy sausage on the side. The coffee was ice cold and the microwave didn't work. You'd be better of skipping breakfast and going to IHOP.

The room itself was lovely, with many nice antiques, but it was tiny, and lacked basic things like three-prong plugs and working space. The bed was hard and uncomfortable. There was minimal storage space.

The location was great, right in the heart of the lovely King William District, but if you want a comfortable bed or a decent breakfast, this is not the B & B at which to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Donald N, Owner at Noble Inns - The Jackson House, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
This is a good example of how there are usually 2 sides, or perhaps other important details, to any story. These are just some examples: with respect to the "cold coffee", during this 4 day stay the coffee was hot on 3 days, and on the 4th we had a new innkeeper prepare the coffee who didn't realize the Bunn commercial maker required time to heat the water and made the pot too early. Upon being informed by the breakfast guests of the error, she immediately made another pot. Moreover, the whole time we had a Keurig coffee maker next to the breakfast table, always available for any guest to make a hot cup of coffee.
With respect to the microwave not working, the guest mentioned it to our innkeeper when he tried to use it, she inspected it and discovered that some buttons had been pushed and frozen the controls, she cleared them, and it worked fine after that.
The air conditioning thermostat was right outside their guestroom door and we would have been happy for it to be adjusted if the temperature was not comfortable.
We were not informed of any plumbing problems, and the plumbing is all working perfectly to our knowledge.
I had the entire house rewired when I did an exhaustive restoration in 1995, and the room has numerous 3 prong plugs, including a GFI in the bathroom.
We prepare our breakfast using a different menu every day, using only the best, fresh ingredients. Usually our guests love the breakfast, and we try to accommodate any special needs. I cooked and served these guests one morning, and no compaint was made. Incidentally, I was there for 5 hours that morning, and we and our innkeepers live on site and are there working 7 days a week, so I don't know how it could be interpreted that we don't take an interest in the inn. Our work does require that we be running between the 3 properties, in guestrooms, office work, kitchen work, laundry, etc. so we are not present in a single place all the time. Usually we don't see the guests much after breakfast as they go out to sightsee and are otherwise in their room. We are always available by phone, and our entire purpose if focused on guest enjoyment and needs. With respect to this guest, as all of them, when any need was brought to our attention we immediately addressed it and attempted to correct it to the guest's satisfaction. We are there for our guests, and do everything possible to provide a lovely, comfortable place for them to enjoy. I'm sorry this guest wasn't completely happy with their stay.

Been to Noble Inns - The Jackson House? Share your experiences!