“Perfection!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at Craig Place

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Antonio
Inn at Craig Place
You added Inn at Craig Place to your Saves list
117 West Craig Place, San Antonio, TX 78212 (Midtown)   |
Ranked #1 of 47 San Antonio B&B and Inns
San Antonio, Texas
“Perfection!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

OMG we got married there June 20, 2013. The owners (Gregg & Kelly, sweet couple) were the perfect host & hostess. We just pretty much had to show up, they arranged almost everything. The gourmet food was to die for!!! This beautiful Victorian home is very quaint. We could not have had a better way to start our new life as one. Thanks to The Inn at Craig Place/Mr. & Mrs. Alba.
Oh yeah, Mr. Alba is quite the comedian too:)!

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice, the "Happily every after" room is the most sought after one though...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Gregg and Kelly A, Owner at Inn at Craig Place, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for the kind words, LaTara. Yes, we finally got you and Steven here to consummate your marriage. We pray that some of the challenges that you two are experiencing will all work out. We are so happy that everything was made simple for you and all you two had to do is just show up with each other and let us host your special day.

We look forward to you guys coming back soon.

Gregg & Kelly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was our first trip together and our first B&B together and it was amazing! Gregg and Kelly were the nicest and the most inviting people we have ever met. Edward and I were amazed. The breakfast was five star service, I imagine what the dinner service would be like. The room was perfect, the bathrooms were perfect, everything was on point. After reading the reviews online I notice that there was not anything bad mentioned about this place so we booked this room for June 13-16. All of our needs were met, they even recommended some places for us to visit since we were new in town.I could go on and on about this place....I would and will ..recommend The Inn at Craig's Place to all.

Thanks again for everything we will be back.

Edward says, ""OMG this place is perfect when can I move inn."

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Gregg and Kelly A, Owner at Inn at Craig Place, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thank you so much for the flattering review. Dinner service???? Are you trying to kill us? That's not something we would ever provide. There are way too many great restaurants in San Antonio to extended our already 27 hour days :-) We like to see that 1st time bed and breakfast visitors find the experience to be enjoyable. It is definitely a different experience than a chain hotel.

Thanks again and hurry back soon.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My husband and I came to San Antonio to attend a wedding and since we had never been we decided to spend five days and really explore the area. I found The Inn at Craig's Place online and booked it because of the good reviews. It was even more amazing than we could have imagined. Beautiful and with all of the amenities one would ever want. The breakfasts were gourmet and without question the best we have ever had at any bed and breakfast we've experienced. Gregg and Kelly made sure that everything was perfect and all of our needs were met. Frankly we didn't want to leave. We recommend this lovely B&B highly for any occasion !!!!!!

Room Tip: We loved our room but all of the rooms seemed to be beautiful and equally warm and comfortable!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Gregg and Kelly A, Owner at Inn at Craig Place, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you so much, Sheila and Bruce, for your kind comments. You guys had the perfect room for an extended stay since the sitting area in the Barefoot Dreams room provides that extra space separate from the bedroom. It was a pleasure serving you and we hope to see you again some time.

San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This weekend I married the love of my life... and Kelly and Gregg help to make my dreams come true...We booked the day for the wedding and the room "Once Upon a Dream"... this room is beautiful and I loved having it to get ready in.. I truly felt like a princess. I highly recommend this room for future brides...
Gregg and Kelly worked with me though emails and photos I would send them of my vision of the perfect wedding... they made things extremely worry free for me..(thank you)
On the day of; they took care of me and directed the event without effort... All of my guests enjoyed the setting and food, cake, sherbert punch. The only down side was the outdoor temperature (90+)... Gregg/Kelly please make June not so hot... hahah... I was able to buy some fans for my guests and after the ceremony we all went inside for refreshments... My mom was raving about your cream cheese raspberry dish...too die for. Anyway, day went off without a hitch. The minister was great and he projected his voice and his passion for what he does. Great job Rev Gerald!! the wedding is from 2-4 so we planned a great dinner with family after the ceremony. When we came back to our honeymoon suite.. Gregg and Kelly had all our gifts, flowers and all the extras waiting for us in our room with a piece of our wedding cake and cookies.. They really pay attention to the little details which I really appreciate. Well, we hope to book this room for our 1 yr anniversary.. Thanks again for making our day so much more easy and special, we truly appreciate you taking special care of our guests and us!! -many thanks, Cindi L DuBois

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you, Cindi, for the kind words. Although we emphasize to couples that we provide an "all-inclusive" opportunity for them to have their wedding, sometimes those words just don't sink in until after their special event and they realized how stress free the entire occasion was for them.

Yes, we are located in San Antonio and the heat can be a challenge almost any month of the year. However, when couples select the garden area versus inside for their special day, as you know, only the actual ceremony (15 minutes) and pictures take place outside in the shaded area under the majestic oak tree. The reception and other pictures takes place inside.

We look forward to seeing you and Alan soon.

Katy, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

My husband and I were married at the Inn at Craig Place on 5/10/13. We both wanted a very small and intimate wedding, and we could not have selected a more perfect place! Gregg and Kelly were amazing, and arranged a very stress free, intimate wedding just as we wanted. All we had to do was show up! We had the most amazing breakfast the next morning on the balcony. Our expectations were definately exceeded, and we are already planning our return on our anniversary! We cannot thank them enough!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank for the wonderful review. We enjoy hosting smaller intimate ceremonies with just the bride, groom and other immediate family or their closest friends. It truly gives the bride and groom an option to make a few decisions about wedding details and then just totally relax.

We hope yo see you guys back at our Inn soon.

North Pole, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband's Mother reserved a room for us at this place for our wedding this weekend. It was beautiful, clean and very organized. Kelley, Greg, Suzana and her husband gave us the star treatment, and Suzana's husband even gave our car battery a boost when it died. I've stayed in many places all over the world and this was by far the best.
The service, room and food were all amazing. We would recommend this place to everyone that are considering staying and will definitely return when we're able.

• Stayed May 2013
Gregg and Kelly A, Owner at Inn at Craig Place, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you, Sharaell, for the gracious review. We enjoyed having you and Travis at our Inn for your honeymoon. Every bed and breakfast is different as is every home that you have ever been in. Each has its own distinct features. We like to not only promote the special physical features of our 122 Victorian home but also the little personal touches that you probably don't get at other B&Bs and definitely don't get at the "chain" hotels. Best of luck in your new lives together and we hope to see you again soon.

God Bless,

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I had booked a room here at the Inn at Craig Place as a first year anniversary surprise for my wife and myself. When we arrived May 4th we were greeted at the door by Kelly who was very friendly and informative. She gave us a quick tour of the house, went over the amenities with us (which working in a hotel, I feel are very gracious) and then left us to ourselves.

The room I had booked was the Barefoot Dreams, the room had a sitting area with a TV, a table by the window with two chairs, a love seat, an electric fireplace and a very helpful booklet detailing the history of the house and nearby areas as well as listing recommended local eateries and activities. The bedroom is separated from the sitting area by a door which was nice. This room felt like it was tucked away from the rest and was extremely quiet, I never would have guessed that I was staying in a house with at least eight other people. The room also had its own TV, electric candles(flame candles are understandably not allowed,)plenty of closet space a very nice sized dresser, and somewhat hidden was more drawer space under the bed. Speaking of the bed, it was very comfortable and we had no trouble at all falling asleep. The only thing that threw me off was that the mini fridge was in the bathroom under the sink, but in retrospect I feel that is where it fit in best as it was out of the way and didn't affect the ambiance of the room.

My wife and I went to the Alamo Draft-House Theater a few days prior to the trip and saw Creme brûlée french toast on their brunch menu, she suggested we try it during our trip. I told her maybe as it may be part of the trip already. Sure enough and through a stroke of luck when Gregg delivered breakfast the next morning Creme brûlée french toast was the entree(wifes favorite). It was great, not too sweet and the bacon side was a great savory compliment. There was also a warm grapefruit half with brown sugar, which I had never had grapefruit served like that but it was very good as well. Then there was a chocolate souffle afterwards which was a surprise as we have never had desert with breakfast. The next days breakfast was what they called eggs wellington(IIRC), scrambled eggs(perfectly cooked) and bacon on a puff pastry with a cream sauce(my favorite.) It came served with a fruit medley and afterwards a chocolate nut cake. Both of these meals were beautifully presented and looked like they took a lot of time and care to put them together. They were quite honestly the best breakfasts that I have had in years.

The location is great, Right in the heart of the King Williams district of San Antonio which is a beautiful historical housing area, just a few miles from the river walk, the zoo, and a few museums. There are plenty of places to eat within just a few minutes of the house as well. There is a Mexican restaurant just a couple hundred yards from the house which we did not try but will next time. The property itself is beautiful and for a 120+ year old house it is very well maintained.

All in all Gregg and Kelly have built an impressive business out of this beautiful house. They are two of the friendliest people I have ever met in my career in the hospitality industry. They seem to love what they do and I feel it really shows. My wife and I had such a wonderful time we simply did not want to leave, we will be back in the hopefully near future, and we are already getting plans together for our next trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Gregg and Kelly A, Owner at Inn at Craig Place, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you, Matt & Christina for the wonderful review! We really enjoyed your visit and appreciate the kind words. We strive to provide an experience that guests don't usually get staying at a "chain" hotel.
Side note: We are actually in Monte Vista, rather than King William. :-)
Blessings always. Gregg and Kelly

Been to Inn at Craig Place? Share your experiences!