“Hidden Gem!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at Craig Place

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Antonio
Inn at Craig Place
You added Inn at Craig Place to your Saves list
117 West Craig Place, San Antonio, TX 78212 (Midtown)   |
Ranked #1 of 47 San Antonio B&B and Inns
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Hidden Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My Wife and I were searching for an intimate place to hold a small wedding, and we happen to come across the Inn at Craig Place. After arranging a visit, we immediately knew this was the place for us. Gregg and Kelly made the event very special and all the small touches were beautiful. We can't wait to celebrate our 1 year anniversary there!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Houston, Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Gregg and Kelly both went the "extra mile" in making our stay a pleasant one. We have NEVER had a better breakfast! Don't miss an opportunity to stay here - you won't regret it. The Inn at Craig Place is attractive and well kept. They were organized and timely in their dealings with us.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Oak Grove, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Inn at Craig Place in October 2012, the first bed and breakfast ever to stay in. So glad that was the best experience ever. If you want a quiet romantic get away you will not want to pass this place up. The staff and owners are friendly, very informative of the area, and go out of their way to make sure your stay is remarkable. My first impression of the room was CLEAN, that was a great start. I felt so comfortable that i didnt mind kicking my shoes off and enjoying!!!! Dont miss out on the romantic package its a delight and sets the mood for a great time. No need to rush off in the morning as they provide a delicious gourmet breakfast and dessert delivered with style right to your room! Close enough to all of the attractions of San Antonio yet just far enough to enjoy a peaceful quiet romantic night. My only trouble was I wanted to stay longer!!! If you are a CLEAN FREAK like me dont worry, the floors the bed and sheets the jacuzzi the towels the robe and slippers all CLEAN!!! Looking for ROMANCE dont hesitate....fireplace, candles,roses, chocolate covered strawberries, sparkling juice, rose petals , romantic music, comfy bed, and cozy jacuzzi just waiting on YOU. I honestly recommend the Inn at Craig Place to anyone, it was the best overnight experience for us.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Pearland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Once my husband and I decided on a small getaway wedding in San Antonio the hunt for the right place was on. We still wanted the traditional aspects of a wedding but for two. We looked and looked and eventually can across The Inn at Craig Place. On “paper” it was everything we wanted and decided it would be the place. Gregg and Kelly, the Inn Keepers, exceeded our expectations. Everything was exactly what we wanted...from the wedding to the cake (yummy) to the flowers (beautiful long stem yellow roses). The ceremony was perfect for us…simple yet sophisticated. We stayed in the Happily Ever After room for our first night as husband and wife…absolutely romantic. The morning after our wedding waiting for us at the door was fresh coffee and biscotti. A few minutes later a gourmet breakfast was delivered to the room. All I can say about breakfast, you have to be there to experience it…lip-smacking delicious.

My husband and I will definitely return for anniversaries to birthdays. Gregg and Kelly have a fantastic Inn, and are wonderful people who take the time to listen and engage you.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Had a wonderful and relaxing stay! Thank you for a delicious breakfast! What a treat! Will come back again. The restaurant around the corner was excellent with great margaritas. So nice to be able to walk to dinner. A wonderful weekend!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I can't understand how anyone could leave a negative review for this place. If you want room for a HUGE wedding, go to the Marriot. If you want people to be impersonal and leave you alone, go the La Quinta. The whole purpose of staying at a B&B is to get an intimate, personal experience. And the Inn at Craig Place accomplishes that and more! Greg and Kelly are incredibly welcoming and accommodating. Our room (The Hildebrand Room) was so comfy and fun. Elegant, but with a little whimsy, too. And so very romantic. We found we never wanted to leave the room, despite the many fun things to do in San Antonio. In addition to your room, the Inn offers 24 hour access to a library full of books, DVDs, board/card games, snacks, and beverages (all complimentary, of course). The room has a "fireplace" (fake, but in the Texas heat, that's probably for the best), and a flat-screen TV that I assume works fine (never used it). The clawfoot tub was wonderfully indulgent, plenty big enough for two. And I loved having a private door to the balcony. On our second night, we threw the doors wide, dimmed the lights, and listened to the rain fall as we sat by the fire and shared some bubbly. Heavenly!

And now, let me mention the highlight of the stay: the FOOD! O...M...G...! Each morning, there would be a gentle knock at the door (whoever said they keep knocking until you answer and just barge into the room is mistaken) for coffee and pastry. Then, a little while later, another knock at the door and breakfast is brought to your room. And let me tell you: each plate was like a work of art. So incredible, I actually took pictures (which I'll include with this review). The night we arrived, chocolate covered strawberries and "champagne" (we opted for juice). Next morning, the greatest frittata I've ever had. The next day, creme brulee French toast to die for. And little details that made each meal special. Glasses of orange juice, witch sugared rims. Whipping cream written in hearts. Each meal was more than just a meal: it was an experience.

The Inn at Craig Place has made life-long customers with this trip. We're already planning our next stay. And this time, I promise to practice my French before arriving. To Greg and Kelly, all I can say is "Merci beaucoup!"

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Although this was not a wedding getaway for us - I can see why people would plan this as their honeymoon spot - so romantic - so inviting - rooms were great - outside spectacular - breakfasts fantastic - bed was comfortable - this is the place that people need to stay when in San Antonio - we will be back on our anniversary as well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Inn at Craig Place? Share your experiences!