“Not What it Appears” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Noble Inns - Aaron Pancoast Carriage House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Antonio
Noble Inns - Aaron Pancoast Carriage House
102 Turner Street, San Antonio, TX 78204 (Arsenal)   |
Ranked #15 of 48 San Antonio B&B and Inns
Amarillo, TX
“Not What it Appears”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2009

I chose this as a place for my wife and I to stay on our honeymoon. I thought, quiet, peaceful, close to the riverwalk without being too close.

It's more like a cramped very small cottage. Everything about it screams, "I am old!". Don't get me wrong, it's not horrible, just not nice at all, on the very edge of the worse neighborhood. Don't walk to go eat after dark. Would not recommend this to anybody for any reason.

The Oge house across the street (same owners) looked much nicer. I booked this room largely for the Jacuzzi tub (which was lukewarm because the hot water heater wouldn't fill it) and it's nowhere near the price. Look elsewhere and don't believe the website photos,

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2009

I really wish I had reviewed this property more extensively before booking, but i trusted the website and pictures. BAD MOVE. The place is in bad condition with 30 year old appliances (an efficiency size stove with melted plastic on the top) track lighting, and peeling wall paper. It's base boards are dusty and scratched up and horror of horrors there are toilet rings in the camodes. Upon arrival the hot tub and pool were full of leaves and filth and my husband had to skim the leaves so we could enjoy a soak in the warm waters. Breakfast was not what you'd expect and consisted of cold cereals, cold muffins and cold bagels and fruit that was left the day before. There were 5 people in our party but only 3 small bagels. Cheap. When housekeeping came they didn't take out the trash under the kitchen sink and didn't refresh our milk and juice supplies. Cheap. The rooms here are small, and the angles for the ceilings are not conducive for men. Several of the guys in our group banged their heads getting up from the toilet or breakfast table. The remote for the tv did not even work. When we spoke with the management about our complaints she made excuses and did not offer to compensate us in any way. Choose another place to stay, even the Best Western downtown looked nicer.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
new mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2009

Our stay at the Carriage House was just what we were looking for- charming, welcoming, lovely, and relaxing. It is located in the beautiful and walkable King Williams neighborhood with easy access to the Riverwalk as well, this was important to us as we opted not to rent a car during our stay. The senior innkeeper, Megan, was absolutely great. . She offered lots of suggestions as to what we could do in the area and offered her help on anything we needed. We enjoyed the quaint , well maintained accomidations like the claw foot tub and fireplace. We particularly enjoyed our evening swims in the strikeingly lovely pool. Perhaps the cold breakfast (cereal, danish, milk, oj, coffee,bananas) could be improved a bit, however, we enjoyed eating breakfast out at the historic and delicious restaurant theGunther House . I would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2008

I'm surprised by the other reviews on this B&B. We've stayed in the Pancoast Carriage House several times in the last couple of years and always had a great stay. The upper floor, with two bright, attractive bedrooms is a perfect suite for traveling families, and the downstairs always reminds me of a cozy Hill Country cabin. I like being able to time my breakfast, and eat before I get dressed and sit down with others. So, pastries and coffee is perfrect. You won't find a prettier pool at any B&B or smaller hotel in the state. The staff have always been lovely.

• Liked — Delightful solitude in a pleasant room
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Woodland, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2007

We will not waste our money on such a so called bed & breakfast. Not what we expected to get. We had to make our own coffee and eat cold/sticky muffins that were left the day before. The shower/tub were very enclosed, since we had to close the shower curtain all the way...not much space left to move around. The wall paper was peeling off, the base boards needed some dusting, the door on the entertainment center sounded like it was ready to fall off. The room we had #3 was very small. In the 4 days we were there, could not use the spa or pool, due to it being dirty, as well as the patio area.
Next time, will do more research on such a place.

Stayed April 2007
illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2007

As a business traveler I choose Select Registry Inns first. This facility is not of Select quality. I called to inquire about bad reviews and was assured "we are the same quality." With reluctance I kept my reservation at the Carriage House. I regret the decision and was very disappointed. Broken kitchen tile, broken cabinet knob, broken shower faucet, no room (I mean, no room) to move in the shower without hugging the curtain. Water damage on peeling wallpaper, fireplace not functioning, jacuzzi cold, sheets below average quality, pillows hard, telephone rings throughout the day with telemarketers actually leaving messages! No welcome from the innkeeper. Perhaps the other properties are better. But a word to the wise: TripAdvisor reviews are accurate -- don't stay at the Aaron Pancoast Carriage House!

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — not Select Registry quality
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2007

I choose this location because I have had great experiences with Select Registry. We wanted to stay at the Carriage House because it had an outdoor pool. The pool/garden area was cute, but not kept clean. The above garage rooms were pitiful. In need of repairs to just about everything. Broken ceramic tiles in the kitchen, peeling wallpaper and stained carpet. The bedding was thread bare and the bedspead seemed dirty. This is more like a 2 bedroom suite than a B&B. If you book here, you could actually have a stranger sharing your acomodations. The shower was a joke. It was in a claw foot tub with a shower curtain that allowed you to stand in only about a 3 foot area. The warning was that if that small curtain wasn't closed you would cause water damage below. Only suitable for a very small person! I have never written a review before, but felt this was important enough to share.

Stayed March 2007

Been to Noble Inns - Aaron Pancoast Carriage House? Share your experiences!