“What a Find” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Noble Inns - Aaron Pancoast Carriage House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Antonio
Noble Inns - Aaron Pancoast Carriage House
Save Saved
You added Noble Inns - Aaron Pancoast Carriage House to your Saves list
102 Turner Street, San Antonio, TX 78204 (Arsenal)   |
Ranked #14 of 47 San Antonio B&B and Inns
Houston
“What a Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We just spent one night here but will definitely come back. The Carriage House has a common kitchen and living area with three bedrooms off of it. We had room 2 which was very well decorated and comfortable.

Breakfast was in the big house and was really good.

Can't wait to come back and stay longer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed 3 nights and property conveniently located. However, this property is not of the same calibre as Oge & Jackson within Noble Inns. While the concept of having a shared lounging area and kitchen is good the property can definitely use some TLC. The stove has well outlived its' useful life and the stove top is unappealing in appearance. The television is antique. The bathroom is cramped due to the sloped ceiling and an old tub has been preserved but it results in a very awkward shower arrangement with a shower curtain that is literally wrapped around you. Also, the patio leading to the to the staircase is uneven and dangerous in the dark. The swimming pool was not usable due to leaves in the water.
The owner and innkeeper are friendly and helpful. The breakfast was varied each day and very good. As no children in the party we had breakfast with Oge and Jackson guests which was appreciated.

Room Tip: If you feel at all confined in tighter spaces this property will not appeal in view of sloped walls.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Addison, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

For a quick Labor Day getaway weekend, we stayed at the Carriage. We loved it. The breakfast was wonderful, my sweetheart fell in love with the coffee! The location was perfect. We were able to get around on foot to many of the hot spots in the area. The Carriage house was nice and private with a pool in the back. We had a lovely weekend and plan to come back again in the spring!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Monroe, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

The service at this private B & B was outstanding. Fresh orange juice and milk in the refrigerator every morning. We checked out on Wednesday morning but they let us park our car there all day Wednesday and let me sit up on the front porch and read while my girlfriend was in a class. The location is perfect, a quiet tree lined street with the Riverwalk out the back door so easy access into downtown San Antonio by walking. The amenites of a private pool and hot tub were wonderful after a long day. I simply cannot say enough good things about this place.

Room Tip: We stayed in the carraige house on the ground floor - great privacy.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

We love to stay at the carriage house when we head to San Antonio for business or a get away. The (almost) private swimming pool is decadent. We love the privacy and the quiet peacefulness of this place.
We also like to travel with gourmet food, wine and mixers and the convenience of having a full Kitchen is terrific. Also, parking your car in a private driveway keeps it handy without the constant tipping of valet service and day rate parking garages...this alone is worth it .

The carriage house is located in the historic King William District neighborhood that is a short walk to the Riverwalk and the best restaurants are all nearby.

The carriage house is not new and trendy. If you like the comfort of home away from home, you will truly relax in this place.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

The carriage house is a delightful place to stay when you find yourself in San Antonio. We love to stay at the carriage house, especially during the warmer months when we can the enjoy the almost private swimming pool (where else can you find this?). The fireplace is nice in the colder months. I love the privacy and the quiet peacefulness of this place. I also like having the kitchen with the full sized refrigerator / ice maker (that contributes to our artisan cocktails) to house our gourmet breakfast and happy hour food, wine and mixers that travel with us. I rarely eat hotel food. The fresh fruit in the room is nice. The convenience of having my car a few feet away from the front door is perfect for me (no wait ). Megan, the friendly innkeeper is a very knowledgable concierge. She obviously spends alot of time keeping up with everything going on in San Antonio, including the best restaurants to patronize.

The carriage house is located in the historic and charming King William District neighborhood that is a short walk to the Riverwalk. Far enough to be quiet, yet close enough to be convenient. Awesome restaurants are nearby; Fiest, Bliss and The Monterey, to name a few.

The carriage house is a nice, charming and quiant place to stay. It is not new and shiny like the new San Antonio Hyatt. I'm not big fan of big hotels and all that goes with them (crowds, waiting on elevators, waiting on my car, loads of service staff with their palms extended for a tip to cater to my nonexistent needs, except those that they impose on me...like parking my car for a total of $50/day with tips and taxes...grabbing my bags and passing it off to a second valet...etc.). If your tastes lean to staying in a home away from home, you will enjoy your stay at the carriage house.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

We stayed at the Carraige house as this was the only one of the Nobles Ins to allow kids. I wish I had researched the Trip Advisor reviews prior to coming here! Don't be misled by the website photos. This place is tiny, old and unwellcoming. "The large terra-cotta toned living-dining room with full kitchen" looks terrible in reality, old, dusty and so discolored that it made it hard to even just walk through it! I cannot imagine sitting and relaxing in it..... The kitchen has a stove that is in such a poor shape that I'd never even touch it. The breakfast was soooo disappointing, 3 small bagels, 3 slices of cake and 2 muffins- mind you, we came with a child, so I guess they assumed he'd not want a muffin; there was also milk and orange juice, but we ended up not even touching the food, because it all looked just so uninviting. It would have been so much nicer to be served a warm breakfast, even the same stuff they left for us in the fridge, but nicely set up in the morning rather than put in the fridge the day before. There was a basket with 3 fruits in the fridge and as I moved it to make room for the food we bought from the market, it left a pool of fruit juice behind on the fridge shelf. The little sofa my son was to sleep on was probably the worst I ever sat on. The comforter and decorative pillows were yellowed and stained, likely due to both time/extensive use and dirt. The bathroom was the only reasonable looking place, i think it was updated fairly recently. Overall a bad experience, I would never recommend it to anyone. I don't generally write reviews, but this one was too much not to be talked about. And we paid a lot of money for it!! Please go anywhere else, again do not be fooled by the photos r words they have on their website.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Noble Inns - Aaron Pancoast Carriage House? Share your experiences!