“cozy and private” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Noble Inns - Aaron Pancoast Carriage House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Antonio
Noble Inns - Aaron Pancoast Carriage House
You added Noble Inns - Aaron Pancoast Carriage House to your Saves list
102 Turner Street, San Antonio, TX 78204 (Arsenal)   |
Ranked #15 of 46 San Antonio B&B and Inns
austin
“cozy and private”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

We love to stay at the carriage house when we head to San Antonio for business or a get away. The (almost) private swimming pool is decadent. We love the privacy and the quiet peacefulness of this place.
We also like to travel with gourmet food, wine and mixers and the convenience of having a full Kitchen is terrific. Also, parking your car in a private driveway keeps it handy without the constant tipping of valet service and day rate parking garages...this alone is worth it .

The carriage house is located in the historic King William District neighborhood that is a short walk to the Riverwalk and the best restaurants are all nearby.

The carriage house is not new and trendy. If you like the comfort of home away from home, you will truly relax in this place.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

The carriage house is a delightful place to stay when you find yourself in San Antonio. We love to stay at the carriage house, especially during the warmer months when we can the enjoy the almost private swimming pool (where else can you find this?). The fireplace is nice in the colder months. I love the privacy and the quiet peacefulness of this place. I also like having the kitchen with the full sized refrigerator / ice maker (that contributes to our artisan cocktails) to house our gourmet breakfast and happy hour food, wine and mixers that travel with us. I rarely eat hotel food. The fresh fruit in the room is nice. The convenience of having my car a few feet away from the front door is perfect for me (no wait ). Megan, the friendly innkeeper is a very knowledgable concierge. She obviously spends alot of time keeping up with everything going on in San Antonio, including the best restaurants to patronize.

The carriage house is located in the historic and charming King William District neighborhood that is a short walk to the Riverwalk. Far enough to be quiet, yet close enough to be convenient. Awesome restaurants are nearby; Fiest, Bliss and The Monterey, to name a few.

The carriage house is a nice, charming and quiant place to stay. It is not new and shiny like the new San Antonio Hyatt. I'm not big fan of big hotels and all that goes with them (crowds, waiting on elevators, waiting on my car, loads of service staff with their palms extended for a tip to cater to my nonexistent needs, except those that they impose on me...like parking my car for a total of $50/day with tips and taxes...grabbing my bags and passing it off to a second valet...etc.). If your tastes lean to staying in a home away from home, you will enjoy your stay at the carriage house.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

We stayed at the Carraige house as this was the only one of the Nobles Ins to allow kids. I wish I had researched the Trip Advisor reviews prior to coming here! Don't be misled by the website photos. This place is tiny, old and unwellcoming. "The large terra-cotta toned living-dining room with full kitchen" looks terrible in reality, old, dusty and so discolored that it made it hard to even just walk through it! I cannot imagine sitting and relaxing in it..... The kitchen has a stove that is in such a poor shape that I'd never even touch it. The breakfast was soooo disappointing, 3 small bagels, 3 slices of cake and 2 muffins- mind you, we came with a child, so I guess they assumed he'd not want a muffin; there was also milk and orange juice, but we ended up not even touching the food, because it all looked just so uninviting. It would have been so much nicer to be served a warm breakfast, even the same stuff they left for us in the fridge, but nicely set up in the morning rather than put in the fridge the day before. There was a basket with 3 fruits in the fridge and as I moved it to make room for the food we bought from the market, it left a pool of fruit juice behind on the fridge shelf. The little sofa my son was to sleep on was probably the worst I ever sat on. The comforter and decorative pillows were yellowed and stained, likely due to both time/extensive use and dirt. The bathroom was the only reasonable looking place, i think it was updated fairly recently. Overall a bad experience, I would never recommend it to anyone. I don't generally write reviews, but this one was too much not to be talked about. And we paid a lot of money for it!! Please go anywhere else, again do not be fooled by the photos r words they have on their website.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2010

My husband is in the military and we went here for his R and R vacation. We had to prepay which wouldn't have been a problem if we had been happy where we were staying, but we had to take a cold shower the first night and the fireplace didn't work. We gave our two kids the bedroom so we could sleep by the fireplace, but that plan didn't work because the fireplace wouldn't stay lit. The pull out sofa was new, but very uncomfortable. The jacuzzi was nice and roomy but we couldn't enjoy because after filling the tub just to the jets with luke warm water it completly ran out of hot water. We thought staying at a bed and breakfast meant the breakfast would be filling and tasty, but it was just some left over sugary muffins in the fridge one day and mini pancakes that were hard as a rock the next day. They put the food in a tupperware container and leave it in your room for you so you don't have to leave your room. The thought is nice, but a hot breakfast would have been nice. The location is in the center of the city kinda and close to the old part of town. You can walk to these little shops at night if it isn't too cold or you are not afraid of being mugged. There is a pool but we didn't check it out since it was winter time. The wine glasses were cheap thin plastic that cost like 2-3 dollars. When I saw these I couldn't believe they didn't put real glass ones since this is suppose to be a romantic place to stay. I will not go back and I do not recommend it. It is not a resort, it is someone's guest house and there is no customer service whatsoever. They did offer wifi though so I do give them thumbs up for that.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Amarillo, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2009

I chose this as a place for my wife and I to stay on our honeymoon. I thought, quiet, peaceful, close to the riverwalk without being too close.

It's more like a cramped very small cottage. Everything about it screams, "I am old!". Don't get me wrong, it's not horrible, just not nice at all, on the very edge of the worse neighborhood. Don't walk to go eat after dark. Would not recommend this to anybody for any reason.

The Oge house across the street (same owners) looked much nicer. I booked this room largely for the Jacuzzi tub (which was lukewarm because the hot water heater wouldn't fill it) and it's nowhere near the price. Look elsewhere and don't believe the website photos,

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2009

I really wish I had reviewed this property more extensively before booking, but i trusted the website and pictures. BAD MOVE. The place is in bad condition with 30 year old appliances (an efficiency size stove with melted plastic on the top) track lighting, and peeling wall paper. It's base boards are dusty and scratched up and horror of horrors there are toilet rings in the camodes. Upon arrival the hot tub and pool were full of leaves and filth and my husband had to skim the leaves so we could enjoy a soak in the warm waters. Breakfast was not what you'd expect and consisted of cold cereals, cold muffins and cold bagels and fruit that was left the day before. There were 5 people in our party but only 3 small bagels. Cheap. When housekeeping came they didn't take out the trash under the kitchen sink and didn't refresh our milk and juice supplies. Cheap. The rooms here are small, and the angles for the ceilings are not conducive for men. Several of the guys in our group banged their heads getting up from the toilet or breakfast table. The remote for the tv did not even work. When we spoke with the management about our complaints she made excuses and did not offer to compensate us in any way. Choose another place to stay, even the Best Western downtown looked nicer.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
new mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2009

Our stay at the Carriage House was just what we were looking for- charming, welcoming, lovely, and relaxing. It is located in the beautiful and walkable King Williams neighborhood with easy access to the Riverwalk as well, this was important to us as we opted not to rent a car during our stay. The senior innkeeper, Megan, was absolutely great. . She offered lots of suggestions as to what we could do in the area and offered her help on anything we needed. We enjoyed the quaint , well maintained accomidations like the claw foot tub and fireplace. We particularly enjoyed our evening swims in the strikeingly lovely pool. Perhaps the cold breakfast (cereal, danish, milk, oj, coffee,bananas) could be improved a bit, however, we enjoyed eating breakfast out at the historic and delicious restaurant theGunther House . I would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Noble Inns - Aaron Pancoast Carriage House? Share your experiences!