“Don't go there! Their website is misleading” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Noble Inns - Aaron Pancoast Carriage House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Antonio
Noble Inns - Aaron Pancoast Carriage House
102 Turner Street, San Antonio, TX 78204 (Arsenal)   |
Ranked #13 of 47 San Antonio B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“Don't go there! Their website is misleading”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

We stayed at the Carraige house as this was the only one of the Nobles Ins to allow kids. I wish I had researched the Trip Advisor reviews prior to coming here! Don't be misled by the website photos. This place is tiny, old and unwellcoming. "The large terra-cotta toned living-dining room with full kitchen" looks terrible in reality, old, dusty and so discolored that it made it hard to even just walk through it! I cannot imagine sitting and relaxing in it..... The kitchen has a stove that is in such a poor shape that I'd never even touch it. The breakfast was soooo disappointing, 3 small bagels, 3 slices of cake and 2 muffins- mind you, we came with a child, so I guess they assumed he'd not want a muffin; there was also milk and orange juice, but we ended up not even touching the food, because it all looked just so uninviting. It would have been so much nicer to be served a warm breakfast, even the same stuff they left for us in the fridge, but nicely set up in the morning rather than put in the fridge the day before. There was a basket with 3 fruits in the fridge and as I moved it to make room for the food we bought from the market, it left a pool of fruit juice behind on the fridge shelf. The little sofa my son was to sleep on was probably the worst I ever sat on. The comforter and decorative pillows were yellowed and stained, likely due to both time/extensive use and dirt. The bathroom was the only reasonable looking place, i think it was updated fairly recently. Overall a bad experience, I would never recommend it to anyone. I don't generally write reviews, but this one was too much not to be talked about. And we paid a lot of money for it!! Please go anywhere else, again do not be fooled by the photos r words they have on their website.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Sierra Vista, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2010

My husband is in the military and we went here for his R and R vacation. We had to prepay which wouldn't have been a problem if we had been happy where we were staying, but we had to take a cold shower the first night and the fireplace didn't work. We gave our two kids the bedroom so we could sleep by the fireplace, but that plan didn't work because the fireplace wouldn't stay lit. The pull out sofa was new, but very uncomfortable. The jacuzzi was nice and roomy but we couldn't enjoy because after filling the tub just to the jets with luke warm water it completly ran out of hot water. We thought staying at a bed and breakfast meant the breakfast would be filling and tasty, but it was just some left over sugary muffins in the fridge one day and mini pancakes that were hard as a rock the next day. They put the food in a tupperware container and leave it in your room for you so you don't have to leave your room. The thought is nice, but a hot breakfast would have been nice. The location is in the center of the city kinda and close to the old part of town. You can walk to these little shops at night if it isn't too cold or you are not afraid of being mugged. There is a pool but we didn't check it out since it was winter time. The wine glasses were cheap thin plastic that cost like 2-3 dollars. When I saw these I couldn't believe they didn't put real glass ones since this is suppose to be a romantic place to stay. I will not go back and I do not recommend it. It is not a resort, it is someone's guest house and there is no customer service whatsoever. They did offer wifi though so I do give them thumbs up for that.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Amarillo, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2009

I chose this as a place for my wife and I to stay on our honeymoon. I thought, quiet, peaceful, close to the riverwalk without being too close.

It's more like a cramped very small cottage. Everything about it screams, "I am old!". Don't get me wrong, it's not horrible, just not nice at all, on the very edge of the worse neighborhood. Don't walk to go eat after dark. Would not recommend this to anybody for any reason.

The Oge house across the street (same owners) looked much nicer. I booked this room largely for the Jacuzzi tub (which was lukewarm because the hot water heater wouldn't fill it) and it's nowhere near the price. Look elsewhere and don't believe the website photos,

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2009

I really wish I had reviewed this property more extensively before booking, but i trusted the website and pictures. BAD MOVE. The place is in bad condition with 30 year old appliances (an efficiency size stove with melted plastic on the top) track lighting, and peeling wall paper. It's base boards are dusty and scratched up and horror of horrors there are toilet rings in the camodes. Upon arrival the hot tub and pool were full of leaves and filth and my husband had to skim the leaves so we could enjoy a soak in the warm waters. Breakfast was not what you'd expect and consisted of cold cereals, cold muffins and cold bagels and fruit that was left the day before. There were 5 people in our party but only 3 small bagels. Cheap. When housekeeping came they didn't take out the trash under the kitchen sink and didn't refresh our milk and juice supplies. Cheap. The rooms here are small, and the angles for the ceilings are not conducive for men. Several of the guys in our group banged their heads getting up from the toilet or breakfast table. The remote for the tv did not even work. When we spoke with the management about our complaints she made excuses and did not offer to compensate us in any way. Choose another place to stay, even the Best Western downtown looked nicer.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
new mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2009

Our stay at the Carriage House was just what we were looking for- charming, welcoming, lovely, and relaxing. It is located in the beautiful and walkable King Williams neighborhood with easy access to the Riverwalk as well, this was important to us as we opted not to rent a car during our stay. The senior innkeeper, Megan, was absolutely great. . She offered lots of suggestions as to what we could do in the area and offered her help on anything we needed. We enjoyed the quaint , well maintained accomidations like the claw foot tub and fireplace. We particularly enjoyed our evening swims in the strikeingly lovely pool. Perhaps the cold breakfast (cereal, danish, milk, oj, coffee,bananas) could be improved a bit, however, we enjoyed eating breakfast out at the historic and delicious restaurant theGunther House . I would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2008

I'm surprised by the other reviews on this B&B. We've stayed in the Pancoast Carriage House several times in the last couple of years and always had a great stay. The upper floor, with two bright, attractive bedrooms is a perfect suite for traveling families, and the downstairs always reminds me of a cozy Hill Country cabin. I like being able to time my breakfast, and eat before I get dressed and sit down with others. So, pastries and coffee is perfrect. You won't find a prettier pool at any B&B or smaller hotel in the state. The staff have always been lovely.

• Liked — Delightful solitude in a pleasant room
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Woodland, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2007

We will not waste our money on such a so called bed & breakfast. Not what we expected to get. We had to make our own coffee and eat cold/sticky muffins that were left the day before. The shower/tub were very enclosed, since we had to close the shower curtain all the way...not much space left to move around. The wall paper was peeling off, the base boards needed some dusting, the door on the entertainment center sounded like it was ready to fall off. The room we had #3 was very small. In the 4 days we were there, could not use the spa or pool, due to it being dirty, as well as the patio area.
Next time, will do more research on such a place.

Stayed April 2007

Been to Noble Inns - Aaron Pancoast Carriage House? Share your experiences!