Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio North Stone Oak at Legacy to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio North Stone Oak at Legacy
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1803 E Sonterra Blvd, San Antonio, TX 78258 (Far North Central)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #117 of 350 hotels in San Antonio
Neches, Texas
“Great!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This hotel seemed fairly new. It was very nice, the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was very large. There is a Lifetime Gym across from the hotel and you can get in free with your room key. Indoor swimming pool. The only thing I was disappointed in was no free breakfast. They did, however have a Bistro that you could purchase your breakfast. Very nice area!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stayed here for a business trip and the rooms were decent size and clean. WiFi was good, I had no issues with the room. There is a Lifetime Gym right across the street and you get in free with your room key, which is a big plus. Hotel is close to the airport and eating options.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

We checked in late with a sleepy young child. They wouldnt let my husband check us in, despite both our names on the reservation (said it was because we used my rewards). When i checked us in, i wanted to be sure we had a pull out bed for our child. I was assured there was. When we got to the room, there were no linens. When i called the desk, the person told me i could come down to get them. No apology, no offer to bring them up, knowing we had a sleepy child.
The Starbucks has very limited hours on the weekend. We ordered breakfast, and then we were told they closed, so they wouldnt make bacon for my child. We did manage to get the rest of our order, which i guess was made before the clock struck 9:30 am.
The first room we were in (202) did not have hot water. The front desk's response: let it run for five minutes(like we didnt think of that). My husband had to be somewhere and couldnt shower. When he went downstairs, he was told by the maintenance person that our room always had problems with hot water. Why would they put anyone in that room?! So, i had to repack all our things to be moved down the hall. Again, no apologies, just complacency from the front desk.
We have been here since Thursday for a family event nearby. We have observed the same awful front desk bad attitude to other guests. The excuse most often offered has been, "i'm the only person on. Youre going to have to wait, and i cant tell you how long."
The room is marginally clean. The shower has black mold in the grout and on the shower curtain. You get exactly three towels, and the shampoo and conditioner is sufficient for one person. Good thing i packed our own.
Today, my room key wouldnt work in the fitness center. Again, the front desk bad attitude, but she did issue me a new key. When i was working out, the maintenace staff person who observed me at the desk made it a point to tell me that i could also work out for free at the fitness center across street. He aslo popped in to the pool area and told my husband that he could take our daughter to the water park/pool at the same fitness center for free.
The most informed, attentive staff seem to be the maintenance staff. They should replace the a$$es at the front desk.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
HPDOS, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio North Stone Oak at Legacy, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Sir/Ma’am,
I wanted to reach out to you and let you know I apologize if your stay was anything less than satisfactory. Please know that we strive to make every experience an excellent one for each guest. I would like to see if you could personally contact me, I would like to address the issues you had while staying with us. Please call at 210-545-3100 or email at Meganb@intermtn.biz. I look forward to hearing from you and resolving these issues for you.

Megan Biehl
Northern Great Plains, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here on a recent business trip and found everything to be to my liking. I will definitely stay here again. I had a room with a king bed. It was roomy and comfortable and had everything I needed. The front desk staff was courteous and extremely helpful. I only stayed one night, so I didn't have a chance to check out all of the amenities, but the room itself was clean and quiet.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Corpus Christi, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Let me start by saying we have stayed at several SA Courtyards and have always been pleased. The rooms are always nice, clean and the staff is always more than willing to help.
Not the case at CMSA Legacy. Legacy was the only available location when I tried to book our last minute trip. I figured what could go wrong, it's a Courtyard. The online price at www.marriott.com kept changing between $129 and $144. So I called the hotel and the lady stated they were almost at capacity. The rate is really $159. I hung up and went back to the website and booked the hotel for $144. Shortly after we arrived, my wife was going to sit our child in the computer chair in room so he could eat and found FECES on the seat of the chair. Yes we are %100 sure it was FECES. We called the front desk and told the man that answered we would be setting the chair outside the door. NEVER in our 2 night stay was a new chair brought to our room. On our second night, my wife went to the front desk to make sure they knew about the chair and the man at the desk was too busy on the phone to even acknowledge her. 10 minutes later, he finally asked if he could help her and she stated she just wanted to make sure they had on record that the chair was taken out of the room because it had feces on it. The man just laughed about it. Yet again, he never offered to replace it. We also found a used bottle of lotion that was not replaced by the cleaning crew, a heavily stained chair, pink mold growing on the bath tiles, extreme dust, white stains on the shower curtain, outside trash was overflowing for 2 days, etc (See Photos). This is by far the worst experience I have ever had at any hotel. At 4am, we could hear extremely loud music playing from the hallway. Come to find out there is a speaker just outside room 105 which the hotel was blasting their house music through. Request for extra towels, feather free room not acknowledged.

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms are extremely noisy!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Courtyard is pretty consistent across the country in my opinon. This hotel is still very new and well taken care of. The room with two queens was spacious enough for our family. It was decorated nicely and comfortably. They allowed me an early check in which was very helpful settling the kids in early. The kids liked using the indoor pool even though it was cold and rainy outside. We didn't eat there while we stayed, but there was a nice lobby cojoined with the dining area, both very inviting. I had no complaints, however this is a decent distance to downtown so I wouldn't recommend it if all of your San Antonio activites are planned to be downtown. We did have an event at the Alamodome and it was very easy to navigate to that location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Rusk, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed here one night last May and couldn't see spending almost 100 bucks for a room so far away from downtown. The room I was in was small but it was clean. I expected more room and the front desk lady had an attitude. Would not take my military ID as suitable picture ID. The military discount offered just happened to be the maximum allowed by the government for travel. Had I not been on the road for 14 hours I would have gone somewhere else. I moved to a competing Hotel closer to downtown the next day and will never stay in any Marriott Hotels again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio North Stone Oak at Legacy? Share your experiences!