“Disgusting!” 1 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #113 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
“Disgusting!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

The A/C was leaking and extremely noisy running about 70 to 80 % of the time. This was on the low setting. There was so much filth on the A/C... I'm not allergic to anything but the poor air quality really gave me bad eye and sinus issues. Stains all over the carpet. A mattress that was horrible. When I pulled the sheet up to inspect the mattress, there was a huge stain. DISGUSTING!! I am ashamed of Marriott!!

Stayed July 2014
Edward J, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I will be sure to pass them on to my team and take care of this issues. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others do not have the same experience that you encountered. I'm disappointed to hear about the experience you had during your stay at our hotel. This is not the type of service we aspire to provide. I want to personally apologize for the problems you encountered. A perfect visit is truly our goal with each guest. We hope you will give us another shot at giving you a 100% satisfaction on your next visit if your travels bring you back into the area. If I can be of further assistance please contact me.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here several nights. This location is away from the downtown riverwalk area but convenient to lots of restaurants and shopping. A free shuttle is provided by the hotel until 7 pm. Free full breakfast and a light dinner that includes tea, wine and beer provided Mon-Thur. Pets are welcome with a per stay fee. Front desk clerks are very nice and Monica (I think was her name) is super! The room was nice. The mattress has no pillow top and is firm. There was a dirty blanket on the bed that got replaced at my request. (I am downloading a photo of it, it had makeup and dirt on it). This was very obvious and I don't understand why housekeeping would leave that on the bed after the previous checkout. The small sofa also had spots of something but that wasn't as bad as the bed. It was nice to have a full size fridge in the room along with a coffee pot, two burner cooktop and a dishwasher. Barbeque area was clean as well as the pool. Noise level was very low. Parking us free.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Austinwineoh,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. We always look forward to both positive and negative remarks. I will discuss all the comments with my team so we can improve the negative doing a better inspection of the rooms and continue with the positive. Please contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Had stayed here for a month and half. Wonderful hospitality. The staff make you feel at home. They make your life so eay that you just need to turn up and the rest they will take care. The breakfast menu was
excellent too. Loved the Muffins, Bacon, Egg and almost everything on the menu. The evening Menu also was good enough... Just Loved the Salad + Butter Milk Ranch Combo... Salad with the Ranch and a glass of Wine sitting by the pool. what else does anone need for a relaxing evening... And the Shuttle service too was almost always available which made nearby shoppping mall visits hassle free... :) Overall a memorable experience..

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Prue Rd are a better choice when you go to sleep you can just keep staring out thro...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear JaganMohan7,
Thank you for highly recommending our property. We are happy to be a positive aspect of your trip when you are traveling. We look forward to having you as our guest again if you return to the area. Please contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

2 night stay. Priciest of the hotels we stayed at on our vacation at ($94.05 per night + tax). Was nice and clean, but it was defnitely the service that stood out! :-)

We were in the elevator with our luggage, along with a manager. He was very pleasant and told us if we needed anything just to let him know. We deposited our luggage in the room and were returning the luggage cart when we ran into the manager again and told him that the deflector was missing from the air conditioner. He said he would take care of it and within 10 minutes someone was up installing the deflector!

We were leaving early on our departure date (at 5 AM) and found that our car battery was dead. I called AAA but they were an hour out, so we asked the front desk if they had a portable car jumper. They did and loaned it to us! I cancelled AAA and we were on the road to our next destination just a little bit later than we wanted to leave. That was an incredible service that they provided!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
We appreciate the glowing comments you gave our hotel on your recent visit. Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your travels, there are many choices in the area and we appreciate your business. If I can be of any assistance on a future trip please contact me directly.
Mayerthorpe, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Spent four nights in this hotel and were very pleased with it. The rooms were clean and well appointed ... very spacious and comfortable. We had a small kitchenette, which would have been very handy if we had required it. The complimentary breakfast was well stocked and tasted good. Would definitely stay there again if we go back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Edward J, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
We are so glad that you chose to stay with us during your trip and for taking the time to share your experience with the traveling public. We are happy to hear that we met your needs during your stay and we hope you have another opportunity to book with us again in the future. If I can be of any assistance on a future trip please let me know.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Went on a personal / business trip. Suite was clean, wifi was super fast.

The only problem I occasionally faced in was from the elevator. My room was adjacent to the elevator and they need to give more padding on the wall. Also apply some good lubrication. Breakfast was good. The people manning breakfast were super efficient. Not once did I have to ask for anything to be refilled.

Stayed April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. We always look forward to both positive and negative remarks. I will discuss all the comments with my team so we can improve the negative and continue with the positive. Please contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed at the Town Place Suites NorthWest San Antonio 3/13-3/16.
We arrived Thursday around 3:00 on a Thursday my husband checked us in and was told the could NOT upgrade us (70+) nights with Marriott and no extra accommodations could be made? We were very disappointed.

We went to our room and were absolutely disgusted!! The smell when we walked in the room was so horrible it made us nauseous. It smelled of fried fish. There was what appeared to be throw up in the kitchen sink. We called front desk and requested housekeeping. They came and cleaned the sink and gave a bottle of Febreeze airfreshener (since the windows don't open at this hotel we couldn't air it out)

On top of that we were given a room with a King bed, when we had requested a room with TWO DOUBLE beds at the time of the reservation (we were traveling with our children. We again called front desk and again told THERE WERE NO MORE ROOMS (love how Marriott treats their elite members).

So we asked housekeeping for two more pillows for the pull out bed.

Housekeeping showed up with two STAINED YELLOW pillows with NO PILLOW CASES. We asked for different pillows and they said that WAS ALL THEY HAD! DISGUSTING. They did bring us two pillowcases but I was disgusted and didn't allow the kids to use the pillows.

We pulled the bed out of the couch and again disgusted...there was big brown stains on the mattress and what appeared to be snot and food stuck on the couch.

We were so disappointed and disgusted but what were we going to do...it was our vacation and the front desk kept telling us there were no MORE ROOMS.

The next day I was walking from the living/sleeping area toward the kitchen and stepped on something sharp ...it was the tack Strip..because on top of the other issues with the room the carpet is so frayed where the tile and the carpet meet the tack strip was exposed...

That was it I went to front desk and said they needed to find us another room...and miraculously they had another room. The girl up front was helpful and apologized but still disappointed.

We moved all of our belongings down a few doors to our new room. This room was a king and did not smell and was in better condition.

That evening (Friday) we were sitting by the pool and I was talking with another couple, they were telling me how pleased they were with the hotel, it was their FIRST time staying at a Town Place Suites and how surprised they were that at check in (Friday) they were offered an upgrade to a larger suite with private bedroom...ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? Again we checked in Thursday, have over 70+ nights in the last year and were TOLD WE COULDN'T"T GET AN UPGRADE and were given what I believe was the crappiest hotel room I have ever stayed in.

I am so disappointed in the stay with and absolutely upset we used the majority of our points to pay for this stay.

They 1) didn't get our reservation correct we requested two double beds and received a king.
2) the first room was disgusting from the frayed and stained carpet, disgusting pull out couch, throw up in the sink, the disgusting smell in the room and then given stained yellow pills.

3) the big kicker was the following day we meet another couple given a upgrade on their first stay with Town Place Suites--when we were told they couldn't upgrade us.

This year when my husband has to travel for business we will make sure that another hotel is requested, one that treats their returning customers with much more respect.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Edward J, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, we appreciate both the positive and negative reviews. Guest feedback is one of our key resources to improving guest satisfaction. You can be assured that this will be posted on the employee bulletin board for all to see. We want everyone on our team to be aware of negative issues experienced by our guests. This way we can all work on improving. If I can be of further assistance please contact me.

Been to TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest? Share your experiences!