“Hotel very near airport” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Posada Ana Inn-Airport

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Posada Ana Inn-Airport to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Posada Ana Inn-Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8600 Jones Maltsberger Road, San Antonio, TX 78216-5915 (North Central)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #41 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Annandale, Virginia
“Hotel very near airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This hotel was not as nice as the one in Junction but it was fine. The rooms are interior (hallways) and not accessible from the outside, There were some areas of wear and tear
. It is close to a couple of restaurants (Cracker Barrel (no beer) and another called Logan's Roadhouse (beer) that are easily walk-able. Wal*Mart and several other stores are behind the hotel and easily walk-able as well.
This is VERY close to the Airport we were there in under 5 min.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Madera, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We had booked the room for three nights, but cancelled the second two nights because of the firestation across the street. That was noisy during the day, but we didn't hear it at all at night and slept great. Our only other problem was ants in the bathroom, but they took care of that right away - while we were at dinner. Other than that, the room was clean with fresh towels and sheets. We wish we would have just asked for a different room instead of changing hotels. The breakfast was great as you could have them cook you up an omlet if you wanted. Dining was close by also as well as Walmart.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet location. There is no elevator, so ask for a ground floor if you don't want to h...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington State
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Great customer service. I had an unexpected addition to my party arrive prior to my check in. It was handled wonderfully. Rooms are standard size but beds are very comfortable. Nice pool area. GREAT breakfast: made to order omlettes and eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits + gravy, plus all usual. I had a late check out due to late afternoon flight. Very accomodating with holding my bags as I walked over to the nearby Wal-Mart.

I will say it was tricky finding the place due to a wrong turn on our part. (I think area near SAT is confusing.) But there is a mall with movies and nice restaurants just down the street.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
AUSTIN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Loved it and hated it. The AC was on in our room when we arrived on a very hot day. Loved it. Found out that the thermostat was defective at 1 AM when the temp dropped to 54 degrees though I had it set at 70. Hated it. The TV didn't work. Hated it. They fixed it right away. Loved it. Room was fine, clean, everything worked. Loved it. Not the room I had requested (handicapped). Hated it. Nice pool, good breakfast (cooked to order). Loved it.

In all... bad maintenence, so-so management. Good hotel otherwise. Nice breakfast.

Room Tip: A first floor room at the pool end has an outside door and parking nearby and immediate access to th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

The only thing I can say about this hotel is that the people that works there are very friendly.... They enjoy their job completely.. They are really helpful in every possible way. My mother and I stayed there for almost a week and whatever we needed they were there to help us.
The breakfast was fantastic... you had all the options available.. for example, the eggs could be done scrambled, omelet and sunny side up or however you wanted your eggs with the available ingredients they had. You could choose from bacon, sausage, wheat or white bread, three different types of bagels, cream cheese, jelly, butter, oatmeal and etc..... As what I have traveled so far... this had been the best continental breakfast!!!!! THUMBS UP for this hotel!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Northwest Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

My husband & I booked this room for last Friday night because our flight was arriving at 10 PM and we figured that we would get up early to go to the BW at Sunset (which is way better!) The shuttle picked us up about 10:30 and check in was easy. We asked the night clerk if there was somewhere we could get a quick bite to eat and she told us that the Applebee's closed at 11 and the Logan Roadhouse closed at 1 am. Each were two blocks away so we just walked to Logan's (which actually closed at 11)
Anyway, the room was average size, the bathroom and room could have been cleaner. We didn't get the best night sleep there so we were glad it was only for one night.
Now the breakfast...eggs made to order, juice, bread, fruit. It was ok, but it was quite busy on Saturday morning so they should have two people working the grill instead of just that one poor girl. Now this is not the fault of the hotel but PEOPLE...why do you think it's ok to fill up 4, yes I said 4 plates of food and then try to wrap three of the plates to take with you each. Now these three pigs, I mean people took all the bacon, sausage, biscuits fruit and everything else leaving nothing for the long line behind them. So I asked the girl if I could get some bacon, I was told that to would have to be a few minutes because she was the only one there. So we ended up just getting a yogurt and juice and leaving and getting breakfast elsewhere . But you know what? Even though it says it comes with a free breakfast, you & I both know that the price of that meal is included in the price of the room.
I was glad I only stayed here one night I know I would have checked out and gone somewhere else for the rest of my trip.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Staff was fantastic, very polite and accommadated any request promptly. When they said a full breakfast, that's exactly what you get. Omelets cooked to order, all the side items, sausage, bacon, gravy and more were always fresh. We ate early on some days and later on other days and still fresh, very impressed. Everything was very clean throughout the hotel, rooms, hallways, lobby and the outside grounds. It was nice to sit poolside at night, quiet area, very relaxing. Walmart located about 2 minutes away, that was convenient. We flew in from Nashville, TN and we were a little unsure because we did not know the area, but it did not take long to realize we had chosen a great place to stay for 5 days. I wish I would have gotten her name, but the day Hotel Manager was so nice and friendly. There always seemed to be fresh coffe made in the lobby, I am a big coffee drinker, so I was very impressed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Posada Ana Inn-Airport? Share your experiences!