“Never ever fails ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
255 E. Basse Rd, Ste 200, San Antonio, TX 78209 (Uptown Broadway)
210-824-9463
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 4,136 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Uptown Broadway
Cross street: Jones Maltsberger Road
Transit: Bus stops on Jones-Maltsberger Road as well as Basse Road.
Description: Fleming's San Antonio, TX is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located near Alamo Heights and the Airport, a few miles from Downtown San Antonio and the River Walk.
Naples, Florida
“Never ever fails ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I am a huge fan of Flemings. Whenever I travel, I will always look to find a Flemings Steakhouse. Well here I am in San Antonio with family. We went for dinner last night. One Ribeye, 2 petit fillets, I regular fillet, ceaser salad, Fleming house salad, sauté mushrooms, Flemings famous potatoes - everything cooked to perfection, yum yum yum...,we savored every moment with wine, great conversation, love of family. Enjoy! Always worth it. Great service!

“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We have not been to Fleming's in years and after last nights wonderful meal we will most certainly go back again and soon!! Free Valet Parking. We did not have a reservation but was immediately seated in a booth which was our preference. Service was wonderful..we never had to ask for ANYTHING! Food came out in a timely manner and was hot and fresh. I got the Pre Fixe special which was a small filet with a tasty sauce and two HUGE crab stuffed shrimp. They were really about the size of a small lobster! It was our anniversary so they sent us home with a lovely card and a box of truffles. They even went and got our car while we were paying so it was ready and waiting and already cool ( a plus in Texas). Everything is a la carte and a bit on the expensive side but it was worth every penny!! Husband got a steak and the Fleming's potatoes which were awesome.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Helotes, Texas
“Steakhouse steak only OK”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Me and my husband attended a meeting at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse where we had the choice of filet mignon, salmon and chicken. My husband's salmon dinner was described as more than excellent and my filet mignon was blah! I was so disappointed as I expected the quality of the filet to be like that from Morton's or Ruth Chris's restaurants. They refused to cook it "rare" so I received it medium. The salad was so-so, the potatoes very good and the cheese cake too good! All in all I do not think I will return.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio, Texas
“What happened to the service?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We have been to Fleming's probably six or seven times, always for special occasions - a little out of our price range for regular dining. It's probably been a year since we've been there and went last night for my husband's birthday. Was very disappointed in the service as that has been one of the main things we have raved about to friends when talking about the restaurant. We had 7:30 reservations, arrived on time and were seated immediately but unfortunately down hill from there. We had reserved online for the Filet Mignon/crab stuffed shrimp featured special. The menu online had a suggested wine pairing and when our drink order was taken I asked for the wine that was featured and the waiter told me he had no idea what I was talking about "they don't tell us that stuff" is what he told me so I asked for a moment to review the wine list and he left the table for quite a period of time before returning for our drink order. Water and bread was brought during our wait. The filet mignon was very good and perfectly cooked, the shrimp was OK...a little dry and nothing special. Service wasn't at all like we've had in the past, I wouldn't say bad more like lower scale average, it's just that it has been impeccable during our previous visits. A manager did come refill our water, but no offer of more wine or bread - empty plates sat in front of us for a long time. Dessert was offered shortly after we received our meals but no coffee or after dinner drink was offered at the end, and by the end we were ready to leave. Since there are usually several people assigned as wait staff to each table it makes me think that this is a decline in overall service not just one particular person. I will choose another place for our next special occasion and that is too bad - they had a good thing there but obviously something has changed.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio, Texas
“Significant Food Quality Decline”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Dined again at Fleming's for their 3-course Prime Rib Sunday Dinner Special ($29.95) since our last (March 2012) dining experience for this special was such an outstanding experience, but this time, not good and we agreed certainly not worth our time or money.
The Prime Rib cut was less than 1/2 inch thick! Frankly, it tasted as tho it was a leftover! Just bland. Both hubby and I were very disappointed in such a significant food quality decline.
Service was average. We sat with dirty dishes for 10 minutes or more.

• Visited September 2013