“Better than expected!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites San Antonio Airport

You added TownePlace Suites San Antonio Airport to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites San Antonio Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   214 Northeast Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78216 (North Central)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #33 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Bridge City, Texas
“Better than expected!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband, myself and our two year old daughter spent two nights here checking in Thursday afternoon and checking out Saturday morning. We were greeted with kind informative staff who answered all our questions. The "social hour" where we were provided with a light dinner of macaroni salad, the best potato salad I think I've ever eaten, salad with a choice of ranch or Italian dressing, red and white wines and Shiner beer, was very filling. The breakfast buffet was more than enough. Scrambled eggs, roasted potatoes, Texas-shaped waffles, a variety of yogurts, fruit, biscuits, a great selection of cereals was plenty for the three of us. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The kitchen was equipped with everything we needed to cook our dinner on the second night. This hotel couldn't have been in a better location! There is a Wal-Mart about a block away where we were able to do some grocery shopping and a Cracker Barrel across the street where we ate after checking out. (There were a lot more people at the breakfast buffet on Saturday morning than Friday so we opted to go to Cracker Barrel. We slept very well both nights as did my daughter! I already know where we will stay when we come back to San Antonio and I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a moderately priced hotel that is very clean and doesn't just offer a couple muffins and cereal and call that breakfast! I've stayed in other hotels that were much more expensive with none of the perks. I felt like TownePlace Suites had the "above and beyond" attitude! I just can't say enough good things about this place! Very happy I chose to book here. (I had read previous reviews on tripadvisor about this hotel and I have to say they were very accurate!)

Room Tip: We were in room 301, third floor which was right off the stairs which are right by the guest doors a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Enrique G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
We are so glad that you chose to stay with us during your trip and for taking the time to share your experience with the traveling public. We are happy to hear that we met your needs during your stay and we hope you have another opportunity to book with us again in the future. If I can be of any assistance on a future trip please let me know

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Corpus Christi, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I think after reading all the reviews about how great this hotel was I have to admit I was a little disappointed with the facilities. I will start with the good. The front desk staff was very nice and friendly, check in was a breeze. The hotel was clean and the room was very clean. Cold a/c, fast internet. They even have a shuttle that will take you and pick you up within about a 5 mile radius.

The not so good. The rooms are not really that big and I could see how easily a family of four could feel crowded. Plus they have a sofa sleeper. Who really wants to sleep on a sofa sleeper? I sure dont. They are super uncomfortable. The kitchen area was nice and well equiped. We used almost everything, fridge, micro, stove, freezer, wine opener, glasses, paper towels, etc. They really do a great job stocking it well.

The weekend we stayed there were so many teens staying there with sports activities going on in San Antonio. They were well behaved but never the less they are teens with lots of energy. The pretty much took over the pool area and breakfast area. The lobby is small so its easy to crowd up. The breakfast was okay, nothing great. I dont stay anywhere for the free breakfast its usually not worth it and I would rather sleep in and go out to eat to somewhere.

Over all I would probably not choose to stay here again. Not because its a bad place but rather I like to explore other hotels that would be more to my liking, like a bigger pool and a bar for that late night drink.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Enrique G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for sharing your views online regarding your visit, both positive and negative comments are appreciated. It gives us an opportunity to evaluate where we are doing well and where we need to improve. I’m sorry to hear your total experience was not up to our high standard. I will make sure that this feedback is given to my team so we can work on improving. We hope your travels bring you back into the area and that you will choose to stay with us again
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Front Desk personnel were outstandingly helpful, ( thanks' Jesus and Jeremy!)
The breakfast service was very slow....until Friday when someone thought about adding another waffle maker and spreading out the goodies. Breakfast itself was good. If they added a hot tub for adults only ( the pool was always crowded with kids) it would be fantastic. They also need to close the pool earlier, as the kids making noise at 11pm made an early night for some, impossible. The maid service got worse as the week wore on....??? we couldn't figure that one out. FYI the physical address (410 loop) does not compute in the GPS, you have to use the address of the hotel next door,850 Halm.
We would gladly stay here on our next visit to San Antonio.

Room Tip: not by the pool, although the room was very quiet most of the time except late in the evening
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Enrique G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. We always look forward to both positive and negative remarks. I will discuss all the comments with my team so we can improve the negative and continue with the positive. Please contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This place is near the airport & a mall and not to far from the downtown attractions. The room was big enough and a kitchen that was great. The staff was really nice and helpful. the free breakfast was good.

Room Tip: was on the top floor and was quite, even though our child is loud.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Enrique G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for sharing online the outstanding service you received while staying at our hotel. We are happy to hear you found everything to your satisfaction. We appreciate your business and we look forward to more in the future. Please contact me directly if I can be of service to you in the future
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed here just one night after staying closer to the Riverwalk for a few nights. The room was comfortable, with a large bathroom and great amenities if you need an extended stay. They also offered an evening reception that probably could have been dinner if you so desire. Great proximity to the airport, but also near a nice area with restaurants and shopping (not always typical or airport hotels in my opinion). We got a room right off the elevator, which we weren't thrilled about, but they had accommodated our early arrival and was quiet despite the location. The hotel would probably benefit by requesting and address change to Halm. Putting their address in to our maps app took us an odd way (no reason not to stay, just do better research than we did in advance of drivin to the hotel!)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Enrique G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts online and thank you for the ringing endorsement of the property and staff. We hope to have you as our guest again in the future. You’re Correct when typing our address into a GPS its best to use 850 Halm Blvd. San Antonio, TX. 78216 please don’t hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of further assistance on a future stay at our hotel.
Denton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This hotel is at the south end of the airport on Hwy. 281 & Loop 410. If you do your homework you will find 2 ways to get there. Jones - Matzbarger to Helm St. or servce road of of Hwy 281. Since this is a suites with a kitchenette and good size fridge we bought groceries at Wal-Mart directlety behind the property and were able to buy liquer at Spec's also behind the property.

Breakfast was good...lots of variety. Did not get to experiance the evening 'Happy Hour" as we were there for the weekend (Memorial Day). Pool is neat...small but adequate. Grill in the corner if you choose to cook-out!

Everyone was friendly. Mainteance man greeted us at the door when we arrived. Check-in was a easy.

Overall a very nice property!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Enrique G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank you for sharing your positive views regarding your stay with us, we are pleased to hear everything went great during your visit. I will share your comments with my team so we can continue to provide a high level of satisfaction for our guests. We hope to have you as our guest again in the future if you are in the area. Please contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here while visiting our son for his graduation from basic training at Lackland AFB. It was very easy to drive to and from the base - opposite of the traffic! We had our dog with us. There was a lot of green areas for her and handy waste bag stations. We also had her at Camp Bow Bow wich was convenient to the hotel and gets high recommendations too. As far as the hotel, it was one of the better places we have stayed. Everything was very clean. The entire staff is so helpful and welcoming! The amount of care and professionalism is to be commended. I felt so safe and taken care of. Everyone went out if their way to be helpful. The food ( breakfast and weekday diinners ) was fabulous! It all tasted homemade and the care that was shown by the staff was amazing to experience. This hotel is a jewel in San Antonio! It is rare to see hotel staff take such a personal interest in their guests these days, but this hotel sines through in their hospitality!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts online and thank you for the ringing endorsement of the property and staff. We hope to have you as our guest again in the future. Don’t hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of further assistance on a future stay at our hotel.

Been to TownePlace Suites San Antonio Airport? Share your experiences!