Before going to San Antonio on business, I checked tripadvisor to help me select a nice hotel near the airport. After looking a numerous ones, based on the reviews, I selected this one. It did not live up to its reviews. The hotel is very hard to find, hidden away with little signage off a street that had no sign. Upon arrival at 3:15 pm, the room was not quite ready, although it was shortly thereafter. The room itself was very plain, with tired furnishings. The bathroom was dated. In short, nothing special at all. The breakfast, while hot, was not very inspired. All in all an average place to stay. Not bad. Not great. There are many nicer, newer hotels in the area, including several other Marriots (Spring Suites and a Residence Inn) that may be worth checking out.
I will say that the room was quiet and the mattress was comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel in San Antonio offers a free hot buffet breakfast served daily along with an evening social Mon - Thurs 5:30p-7:00p. Although we are near the Airport, we are a short drive to many attractions like the Riverwalk, The Alamo, Sea World and Six Flags Fiesta Texas. One of the premier San Antonio Airport hotels that offers an outdoor pool with fountains, BBQ grill, and a covered patio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Marriott, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your TownePlace Suites San Antonio Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Towneplace Suites San Antonio Airport Hotel San Antonio
- San Antonio Towneplace Suites