“Great value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites San Antonio Airport

You added TownePlace Suites San Antonio Airport to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites San Antonio Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   214 Northeast Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78216 (North Central)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Shopping Spree
Ranked #17 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Sydney, Australia
“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This place is a little bit out of the way in terms of San Antonio itself (probably very convenient for the airport though) but that's about the only negative thing I could say about it. The staff were very friendly, our room was a good size, well appointed and clean and surprisingly quiet considering the place is underneath an interstate overpass. The included breakfast was OK, but the free dinner was great - hats off to the chef on his spaghetti and meatballs! Plenty of free parking too which is always a plus. Overall, great value for money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here recently during a business trip and was wary of the potential airplane noise. The room couldn't have been quieter, especially for being 30 seconds from the airport and next to a major highway. The room was nicely sized, although I'm sure it would seem a bit cramped if staying long-term. In addition, North Star mall is only 2 minutes away so the area is great for shopping and restaurant hopping. The only two complaints, albeit minor, are the the garbage disposal gave off a faint smell and the view out my window was of an A/C condenser. Other than that, it was a great hotel and a great stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Kinnelon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Just completed a two week stay at this property. Staff was very accommodating, room was clean and comfortable. Would definitely recommend this property to anyone planning to stay in the San Antonio Airport area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here in July, The overall experience was wonderful, I didn't like that when we arrived we had to wait a while to check in it was a little after check in maybe 45 minutes before we could go into our room. Once in the room I noticed that we only had 2 towels in our room, even though I had booked 2 adults and 2 children. Our room was a smaller than my sister's room who stayed with us in the next room. We paid the same price and our rooms should have been identical however they weren't. She also booked 3 adults and 1 child in her room and they only had 3 towels in their room. I guess children don't need towels!?!? There was dinner available on the day we stayed and it smelled wonderful but there was not enough tables or chairs in the dinning room to accommadate everyone in the hotle so we took our food to our room. Other than that the pool was great and the area was a little sketchy but still felt safe when walking to my car at night.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Hotel is well located on the north side of San Antonio, close to airport with shuttle service. In spite of high congestion and being within flight path of airport, the hotel is very quiet...great soundproofing. The rooms are well appointed and the kitchenette has most of everything you'd need to be comfortable for a long term stay. Breakfast was okay; some stale bread and soggy yogurt containers should be addressed. Pantry in lobby is very convenient. The staff is fantastic.
Hotel is very, very clean. Biggest complaint would be the mattress in my room was like a rock. I like a "firm" mattress but holy cow, somebody else needs to choose the mattresses next time in stead of the "Princess and the Pea" designer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I'm here now and have been for a week I'm here with a friend here for school. You cant beat the free breakfast seven days a week and Diner M-Th. They also have red and white table wine and I think its Amber Bock beer too. Clean place nice helpful staff and since this was the last leg of the road trip Thankful for early check in since we got her super early around 7:30am. But they let us right in and took full advantage of the free breakfast too, it was great. Make your own waffle love it. Since they all have full kitchen its perfect they have a 24hr Walmart walking distance away. You can look at other places to go in my post to come. Enjoy!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed here with my husband and two kids (2yrs and 2mos) for three nights over the holidays. The customer service here is hands down the best I have experienced. The gentleman (Steve?) who answered my questions over the phone before check-in was the same person who checked me in was very pleasant and accommodating. I called to request an early check-in. The hotel was fully booked the night before but Steve said to come in and he assured me a room would be ready and sure enough there was one :)

We had a king size room with a pull out couch which was a good size. There is 3/4 size fridge, dishwasher, sink, stove, microwave, cabinets with dishes and utensils. It's really perfect for a family traveling with small children. Overall the room was clean and in great condition. My only negative was that there was an odor in the room. It was not foul, it seemed more like a chemical type of smell, perhaps the carpets were just treated or maybe some type of pest treatment was recently done and the smell lingered? It was somewhat bothersome but for the short amount of time we were there it was not worth repacking and requesting a change of rooms.

There are laundry machines on the first floor which we used. They are in good condition. In one instance our clothes did not dry all the way and one of the employees noticed and provided funds to complete the dry. I thought that was very nice and accommodating. Just one more example of their service philosophy.

Finally, the food. The free breakfast was great and just adds to the great value this place has to offer. they have texas shaped waffles, eggs, sausage, potatoes, pastries, cereals, and biscuits and gravy which were my favorite. They also have coffee and tea avail 24/7 which was nice too. They also offer an evening appetizer along with red and white wine and beer which is also free.

I would def recommend this hotel to others, especially families. We had a great experience here and will stay here again in the future. Thank you for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family