“Alright but needs some improvements” 4 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites San Antonio Airport

Save Saved
You added TownePlace Suites San Antonio Airport to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites San Antonio Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   214 Northeast Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78216 (North Central)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #35 of 352 hotels in San Antonio
“Alright but needs some improvements”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here in July, The overall experience was wonderful, I didn't like that when we arrived we had to wait a while to check in it was a little after check in maybe 45 minutes before we could go into our room. Once in the room I noticed that we only had 2 towels in our room, even though I had booked 2 adults and 2 children. Our room was a smaller than my sister's room who stayed with us in the next room. We paid the same price and our rooms should have been identical however they weren't. She also booked 3 adults and 1 child in her room and they only had 3 towels in their room. I guess children don't need towels!?!? There was dinner available on the day we stayed and it smelled wonderful but there was not enough tables or chairs in the dinning room to accommadate everyone in the hotle so we took our food to our room. Other than that the pool was great and the area was a little sketchy but still felt safe when walking to my car at night.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

114 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Hotel is well located on the north side of San Antonio, close to airport with shuttle service. In spite of high congestion and being within flight path of airport, the hotel is very quiet...great soundproofing. The rooms are well appointed and the kitchenette has most of everything you'd need to be comfortable for a long term stay. Breakfast was okay; some stale bread and soggy yogurt containers should be addressed. Pantry in lobby is very convenient. The staff is fantastic.
Hotel is very, very clean. Biggest complaint would be the mattress in my room was like a rock. I like a "firm" mattress but holy cow, somebody else needs to choose the mattresses next time in stead of the "Princess and the Pea" designer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I'm here now and have been for a week I'm here with a friend here for school. You cant beat the free breakfast seven days a week and Diner M-Th. They also have red and white table wine and I think its Amber Bock beer too. Clean place nice helpful staff and since this was the last leg of the road trip Thankful for early check in since we got her super early around 7:30am. But they let us right in and took full advantage of the free breakfast too, it was great. Make your own waffle love it. Since they all have full kitchen its perfect they have a 24hr Walmart walking distance away. You can look at other places to go in my post to come. Enjoy!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed here with my husband and two kids (2yrs and 2mos) for three nights over the holidays. The customer service here is hands down the best I have experienced. The gentleman (Steve?) who answered my questions over the phone before check-in was the same person who checked me in was very pleasant and accommodating. I called to request an early check-in. The hotel was fully booked the night before but Steve said to come in and he assured me a room would be ready and sure enough there was one :)

We had a king size room with a pull out couch which was a good size. There is 3/4 size fridge, dishwasher, sink, stove, microwave, cabinets with dishes and utensils. It's really perfect for a family traveling with small children. Overall the room was clean and in great condition. My only negative was that there was an odor in the room. It was not foul, it seemed more like a chemical type of smell, perhaps the carpets were just treated or maybe some type of pest treatment was recently done and the smell lingered? It was somewhat bothersome but for the short amount of time we were there it was not worth repacking and requesting a change of rooms.

There are laundry machines on the first floor which we used. They are in good condition. In one instance our clothes did not dry all the way and one of the employees noticed and provided funds to complete the dry. I thought that was very nice and accommodating. Just one more example of their service philosophy.

Finally, the food. The free breakfast was great and just adds to the great value this place has to offer. they have texas shaped waffles, eggs, sausage, potatoes, pastries, cereals, and biscuits and gravy which were my favorite. They also have coffee and tea avail 24/7 which was nice too. They also offer an evening appetizer along with red and white wine and beer which is also free.

I would def recommend this hotel to others, especially families. We had a great experience here and will stay here again in the future. Thank you for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed at the TownePlace Suites for 8 nights as I was working a short term assignment at the airport. The location couldn't be any more perfect. Far enough not to hear the planes, but only 5 min. away. I felt very safe there.

The hotel itself was nice enough. They provide continental breakfast and make-you-own-waffles in the morning, and they serve appetizers in the evening. The rooms include an upscale little kitchenette with granite counter tops, nearly full size fridge/freezer, and most everything you would need to whip up something after a long day. The room was decorated fairly nicely and kept immaculately clean.

I had 3 complaints: one was the bed, which, personally, I didn't find comfortable. I asked some of my colleagues also staying there, and they agreed as well. The mattress felt more like a hard futon. My second complaint was the a/c system. Incredibly loud. Lastly, but rather petty..... the warm water took about 3 min. to finally come out warm/hot for a shower.

The star of the show here however is the staff. They couldn't be any nicer and accommodating. There is a Wal-mart about a 1/3 mi. away. (perfect for getting food and munchies for the room!) The hotel was more than happy to drive or pick you up...in fact, they let me know that they would take me/pick me up anywhere within a three mile radius of the hotel up until 11PM. This was a really nice and appreciated perk. I suspect there are nicer places to stay, but from a chain hotel, I doubt you will find one as gracious, welcoming and hospitable as the TownePlace Suites.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in back away from the freeway.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Clemson, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We routinely visit SA for business and stay at this property. The hotel is clean, safe, well appointed, the breakfast and nightly reception is great, but most importantly the staff are great! They learn your name, your needs, your preferences, and will always go the extra mile for you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I am writing this comment from the lobby of this hotel. It is my third day at the hotel and so far so good! Everything is right with the hotel: clean and spacious rooms, very good breakfast, Free Highspeed internet, Free Parking and helpful front desk. I got a good deal and I am really happy with my decision.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to TownePlace Suites San Antonio Airport? Share your experiences!