“Stellar staff; OK hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites San Antonio Airport

You added TownePlace Suites San Antonio Airport to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites San Antonio Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   214 Northeast Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78216 (North Central)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #23 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Sacramento, California
“Stellar staff; OK hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed at the TownePlace Suites for 8 nights as I was working a short term assignment at the airport. The location couldn't be any more perfect. Far enough not to hear the planes, but only 5 min. away. I felt very safe there.

The hotel itself was nice enough. They provide continental breakfast and make-you-own-waffles in the morning, and they serve appetizers in the evening. The rooms include an upscale little kitchenette with granite counter tops, nearly full size fridge/freezer, and most everything you would need to whip up something after a long day. The room was decorated fairly nicely and kept immaculately clean.

I had 3 complaints: one was the bed, which, personally, I didn't find comfortable. I asked some of my colleagues also staying there, and they agreed as well. The mattress felt more like a hard futon. My second complaint was the a/c system. Incredibly loud. Lastly, but rather petty..... the warm water took about 3 min. to finally come out warm/hot for a shower.

The star of the show here however is the staff. They couldn't be any nicer and accommodating. There is a Wal-mart about a 1/3 mi. away. (perfect for getting food and munchies for the room!) The hotel was more than happy to drive or pick you up...in fact, they let me know that they would take me/pick me up anywhere within a three mile radius of the hotel up until 11PM. This was a really nice and appreciated perk. I suspect there are nicer places to stay, but from a chain hotel, I doubt you will find one as gracious, welcoming and hospitable as the TownePlace Suites.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in back away from the freeway.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Clemson, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We routinely visit SA for business and stay at this property. The hotel is clean, safe, well appointed, the breakfast and nightly reception is great, but most importantly the staff are great! They learn your name, your needs, your preferences, and will always go the extra mile for you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I am writing this comment from the lobby of this hotel. It is my third day at the hotel and so far so good! Everything is right with the hotel: clean and spacious rooms, very good breakfast, Free Highspeed internet, Free Parking and helpful front desk. I got a good deal and I am really happy with my decision.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I had a temp assignment here in San Antonio for two months. This place is the best I have stayed at on long term assignments. Their staff all treat you like family. The managers go out of their way to make your stay great. One night I could not make it back for their dinner hour and they noticed and saved me a plate just in case I wanted it. That is amazing service. Lucky for me, as that day we had major problems with my project and I was too tired to go to dinner somewhere. I was so thankful.

As to the facility, it is very nice, clean and well kept. They have a BBQ grill that they will happily start up for you and a pool large enough that you can actually swim in.

If your business is sending you somewhere for more than overnight, stay here period. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. We had a group of 10 which stayed on different floors and areas and they were a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Impressed yet again...This site is the best!
So far, I have never been lead astray using tripadvisor.com reviews to find a hotel whenever traveling.
Every review of this hotel was on point. It was a nice little quaint hotel out of the way. Not too busy area, but just enough going on around it to get what you need.
My son was graduating from the United States Air Force, and I really didn't want to stay near the base or in the downtown area, so this location was perfect.
The hotel suite was really nice, and the staff was just awesome! Breakfast was fantastic:) A little more offered than the usual fan fare.

Room Tip: 3rd floor room always seem a little more quiet
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
East Coast Megalopolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The hotel was quite satisfactory, clean, and well staffed. The desk clerk had printed maps for a road run or jog. Unfortunately the motel was not listed in the San Antonio airport hotel shuttle board, but the shuttle bus service was prompt once I made contact with them.

The breakfast was better than what I usually have for breakfast at home, and the evening hors d'ouvers were almost sufficient for dinner. Plus, they served Shiner Bock beer in the evening.

My only puzzlement arises from the Texas shaped waffle iron: why does the hotel feel compelled to remind me even while eating a waffle that I am in Texas? I know this is not limited to just this establishment, since this peculiarity appears in other motels and hotels across Texas. I did cook up two of these "Texas waffles" and brought them home to display in the office. One of my office workers - who is from Texas - plans on converting them into Christmas ornaments.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Groton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I travel a lot, and have stayed at many chains, Marriott being my favorite, but THIS hotel had the very best overall experience ever! It may not be a five star, full service spa but I would choose this team any day! The suites are pretty standard, but functional and very clean. The key here is that EACH and every staff member was genuinely happy to be there, to be available to EVERY customer and made the environment so wonderful it was hard to head back home! From the welcome on arrival, to the "have a good day" as we left each morning for work, to the welcome back in the evening (complete with light dinner and wine) to the responsive shuttle service to local shops and restaurants I cannot say enough GREAT things about this facility and its team! They made you feel like you were their ONLY focus (and we saw this in how they treated others as well). You need to clone this team as their service model is stellar, their enthusiasm for what they do, and how they do it is amazing to behold and wonderful to receive. I will certainly be recommending this to anyone traveling to San Antonio....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites San Antonio Airport? Share your experiences!