“Overly Aggressive Vendors” 3 of 5 stars

Dallas, Texas
75 attraction reviews
“Overly Aggressive Vendors”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I don’t care much for shopping, but we parked in the mall parking garage to access the River Walk and did some browsing along the way. I didn’t find it to be a very pleasant experience, as the vendors in the kiosks were very aggressive in approaching us. I felt more like I was in a market in a developing country than in a U.S. mall. We ended up walking much more quickly through it than we would have if we’d been able to browse undisturbed. Other than some cookies at Great American Cookies, I bought nothing.

On the plus side, the mall has windows overlooking the river, and the view is wonderful. I got some good pictures of the river from that vantage point.

The food court is on the lower floor and looks like it has a good selection of food. Many of the restaurants were offering samples of their food and I tried some of them. I especially liked the teriyaki chicken I had at one location. The food court has tables indoors overlooking the River Walk and some tables outside right by the river. It looks like it would be a pleasant place to eat an inexpensive meal when it isn’t crowded.

As we exited the mall on the river level, there was a man playing Christmas music on a zampoña (Andean Pan pipes), which added to the festive atmosphere at that end of the river. We were able to conveniently board and leave the river taxi right outside the mall.

• Turkish first
Medicine Hat, Canada
7 attraction reviews
“Very disappointing for downtown”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

This mall was full of stores with just 'stuff'!! Seriously the worst mall I've been at in a long time. Next time we travel to San Antonio will search for a mall with more substance. Just because it is on the Riverwalk doesn't make it great.

Texas
“Don't Bother”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

I know indoor malls are not so popular now, but this is San Antonio's Rivercenter. For such a popular tourist area, I would expect the mall to be much better.

The Hague, The Netherlands
179 attraction reviews
“Close to the riverwalk and conference centre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

The Rivercentre mall was completely built around the lovely catholic church of St Joseph, it is quite shocking if you see this on an areal photograph (go to the St Joseph reviews to see such a picture). Otherwise it is very much a standard American mall, conveniently close to the Riverwalk and the conference centre. It has a nice entrance and terrace on the Riverwalk side, also used for Quinceanera (15 year coming of age) photoshoot opportunities, see picture.

Visited September 2013
North Fort Myers, Florida
56 attraction reviews
“A great mall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We were told to park here when visiting the Alamo or the Riverwalk. It is 1 block from the Alamo & 2 blocks from Riverwalk. The parking is $4 for 1/2 hr and $2 for every 20 mins. $18 max. The mall has plenty of stores to satisfy your shopping needs. Macy's is the anchor store.

Visited October 2013