“Best Hampton Inn & Suites Value to Date” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio - Airport

You added Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio - Airport to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio - Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8902 Jones Maltsberger Road, San Antonio, TX 78216 (North Central)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Park, Stay & Go
Ranked #31 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Akron, Ohio
“Best Hampton Inn & Suites Value to Date”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

This hotel is a great value. The price was right and it is a new hotel. My room was very clean and that includes the bathroom. Bedding was new and very clean. The hotel staff was very nice and I didn't have to wait 20 minutes for the hotel shuttle to pick me up at the airport.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Perry, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

My mother and I were in town for a funeral. Flew in late one night and the shuttle picked us up once we landed with no prior notice in just a few minutes time. From the front desk to the maid service were friendly and very helpful! They were conscious of our grief and went the extra mile with every question and request we had. The rooms were clean and the breakfast was tasty as well as hot and plenty of food for us. When we checked out to go back to the airport, they gave us snacks to take with us so we would not be hungry at the hotel. Their thoughtfulness was apparent throughout our entire trip. I would highly recommend anyone staying at this hotel!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Chauvin, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

We recently stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, two adults and two children. We were very pleased with our stay . The hotel & rooms were very clean and the staff were great. The breakfast was very good a lot to choose from and never ran out. The location was great, we really felt safe. I would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again. The only fall back would be the pool. Its a indoor pool with hot tub so it stays pretty hot inside, but that did'nt stop us from using it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

My spouse & I recently traveled to SA with our 4 little girls for a graduation. We booked our reservations ahead of time at the Hampton Inn Suites/Hotel. We chose this hotel because it was recommended by a relative. And WOW! were they right! The price was reasonable. The service was absolutely superior! From the person at the front desk to the housekeeping attendant. Everyone we came in contact with was very friendly and extremely helpful. They were even able to recommend a babysitting service we needed for one of our nights. Now thats excellent service!!

The eating area was very spacious and clean. Fully stocked with whatever we needed for our meals, such as paper plates, utensils, napkins, etc.

The computer room was set up very nicely with easy access to the internet, and basic supplies available.

The pool area was nice & clean with towels convieniently available for our use.

The rooms were beautiful. From the room decor to the bedding, it was very very nice! And after a long day with the kids, we all slept comfortably in the beds.

We will definitely stay there again and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone else!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

We go to San Antonio annually for a three-week business trip. In 2008, we stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites, airport location. It was a wonderful stay!!! We arrived too early to check in because we were trying to outrun a hurricane, but the staff was very accommodating and prepared our room early anyway. While the room was being prepared, the hotel manager (Mark) personally visited with us and made us feel completely welcome, giving us constant updates on when our room would be ready. When we were able to get in to our room, it was a very spacious, meticulously clean room with all of the comforts and details we could hope for. The bed was extremely comfortable, the room quiet (except for one evening, but the staff quieted things down!), and the daily breakfasts were wonderful. Simple, but quite good, satisfying and with plenty of variety. The staff was all very friendly and helpful, too. There is a well-stocked snack and essentials store in the lobby that we enjoyed a couple of times. Also the location couldn't be better - a variety of restaurants within easy walking distance, plenty of shopping nearby, etc. The only problem we had was a slow internet connection, but with everything being as comfortable as it was, this was easily overlooked. We tried an extended stay hotel this year simply for cost reasons and the mini-kitchen option, but would far rather have returned to the Hampton Inn & Suites. Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2009

Me and my family stayed July 18, 2009 simply to have a hotel to stay at before a Sunday morning 7a.m. flght out of state. I booked it online after reading some reviews and needing a place at before a Sunday morning 7a.m. flght out of state. I booked it online after reading some reviews and needing a place close to the Airport that I thought would be acceptable for a quick night stay. It turns out that this place was fantastic and would have been perfect for an extended stay with my family (wife, 7 year old boy and 13 year old girl). It was alot nicer than other S.A. hotels in the airport area we have stayed at and been dissappointed in. Very clean, friendly staff, accessible amenities.

The room was nice, clean and cold. The beds were nice, the bathroom nice, and the downstairs lobby was nice and quiet. The lady up front directed us to Bubba's Burgers one block away or an Applebee's in the same area and we walked over and back after dining there. Later, me and my son went down to explore while my wife and daughter watched a movie and read, and we ended up in the business center playing games on the internet uninterrupted, just like at home. Then I bought him a snack and drink and we went into the spacious lobby with tables and couches and a huge flatscreen to relax. Nobody else was there, so I made my way back to the kitchen and made a fresh cup of hot coffee and hot cocoa...all uninterrupted by any staff. We felt at home. Then we sat in front of the widescreen and I asked if we could turn it on and the front desk clerk quickly located the remote, turned it on for us, asked which channel we wanted, and handed me the remote and said, "have fun, make yourself at home." We hung out, and my wife and daughter came down for a snack and some tv. We had to go up to bed, but were sorry we couldn't enjoy the place more. We almost went swimming in the indoor pool. It was nice and not too many people in there.

I was sad to leave at 4:30 a.m. for the airport and would have loved to have the hot breakfast there and enjoy the pool, but I already told my wife that is the next hotel we will stay in next time for a full weekend visit. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

We requested the family suite and for $108. we were very pleased with our room. The bathroom had a great shower and the sink was outside so we could have access to it while others were showering. There is also a bar sink in the room, as well as a microwave and refrigerator. The room is very large with 2 queens and a pull out sofa. Breakfast was the typical Hampton Inn breakfast....with cereals, bread items and preformed eggs wtih sausage and biscuits. The hotel provided free internet but it was not working while we were there for the night. The hotel is in a nice area with shops and restaurants nearby. Construction on the freeway to access the hotel was a bit of a hassle, but that seemed to occur only on the weekend. Overall a good stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio - Airport? Share your experiences!