“Noisy Floors!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio - Airport

You added Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio - Airport to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio - Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8902 Jones Maltsberger Road, San Antonio, TX 78216 (North Central)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #22 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Texas
“Noisy Floors!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2008

My family and I have stayed at several Hamptons and this was by far the most suprising almost disappointing visit. When we pulled up the "Help Wanted" sign was the first thing we spotted and joked about. We arrived after 4 p.m. and Check-in went smoothly after the short wait to see if our room had been cleaned up for our stay. When we got to our room the room looked clean but the toilet was not completely cleaned and the comforter was wet from what a may have been from a towel set on it. I was very disappointed in the noise of just walking around on the floor, similar to apartment living. There is an indoor pool but small. We did not even attempt getting in. When we awoke the next day the coffee maker had not been cleaned out.
We will stay at Hampton Inn again but not this location.

Good luck and hope this helps...

• Liked — Internet access
  • Disliked — Noisy Floors!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Leesburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2008

I stayed at this hotel on June 16th. I was in town for a funeral. My cousin who is a local recommended this hotel.

I got off the plane and called the Hampton Inn for shuttle service. They picked me up within 20 minutes. The hotel is only a few miles from the airport, but he had other stops. There were no issues with check-in. The staff was able to accommodate by putting me in a hotel room near my parents who were also there for the funeral.

There were a couple of places that were in walking distance to eat dinner. One was Bubba's burgers and the other was Applebee's. However, we had the shuttle service drive us to the North star mall so we could eat dinner there. We ate at the Italian restaurant there, but they also had a Cheesecake factory too. We were able to call for the hotel shuttle service to pick us up after dinner also. This was a very nice feature and prevented us from having to rent a car.

The hotel is about a $10-$15 cab ride ( 10 minutes) from Ft. Sam Houston. This was our destination for the funeral.

The hotel was very clean and quiet when we stayed there. There seemed to be many business travelers due to its location near the airport. I really didn't hear or pay attention to any planes that could have been near by.

They had a nice breakfast with biscuits and gravy, eggs, cereal, breads, juice, yogurt, fruits, and coffee.

They also have a computer room where you can access the internet at no charge.

The hotel seem fairly modern or renovated. New modern sinks with shelves below for towels, newly tiled showers, and a modern thermostat that kept the room cool on my 102 San Antonio day.

i would recommend this hotel. I am sure there are less expensive options in San Antonio. This hotel served an overnight purpose for me and then I flew home after the funeral. If I ever had the need for a quick trip again in San Antonio, I would probably choose this hotel. This hotel made it easy to get in and out of the airport.

• Liked — Location to the airport and food. Helpful if you don't have a car.
  • Disliked — Nowhere near the San Antonio sights such as riverwalk or the alamo.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
Houston, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2008

I stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites in June 2008 for 2 nights for business travel. I decided to stay here after the great reviews on tripadvisor and the fact that the hotel is less than one year old. First thing I saw pulling into the parking lot was the sign reading "HELP WANTED" - usually a bad sign. The front deak was indifferent when I walked in and attended to their paperwork before checking me in. When I arrived in my room, there were no bottles of water, as a Hilton Diamond member, they are supposed to leave 2. After calling the front desk and waiting 30 minutes, someone brought up one bottle. The next day, the free breakfast downstairs was OK - nothing to get too excited about. When I returned to my room in the evening, housekeeping had come, but the room was still messy. The coffe pot was not cleaned and the toilitries had not been replaced, either. It is a shame that the service is so bad, because it could be a very nice property.

Stayed June 2008
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2008

This is a clean well-run hotel. We had a suite which is, I would estimate, about twice as big as a regular room. The bed was at one end of the room, at the other end was a desk and a small sofa and chair. It also had a refrigerator and wet bar area. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. One day we came back in the evening and our room had not been made up. I notified the front desk. They promptly sent an individual with a cart who took out the trash and, picked up the used towels and replaced them with new. Even brought us some water and cookies. All of this happened within about 30 minutes of me notifying the front desk.

The location was convenient for going downtown, about 8 miles south on highway 281. There is a lot of road construction around the hotel. Be careful getting on I-410 or Hwy 281 - due to construction some of the entrance ramps are very short. Because of barricades and concrete walls you cannot see what traffic is coming until you are on the entrance ramp. Then you only have a short distance to speed up and merge. One time I had to almost stop on an entrance ramp because there was traffic coming in all lanes. Fortunately, the driver behind me was alert and did not run into me. Just be very careful getting on the expressways near the hotel. Also I might recommend buying a good map of San Antonio. The free maps from the CVB and the hotel are a little too general in my opinion. If you get lost in a neighborhood/suburb it can really help to have a good map to find a route, perhaps not the major route, to get where you want to go.

Overall, we had a very good experience at the San Antonio Hampton Inn & Suites Airport. It was convenient to downtown as well as being a convenient starting point for a day trip out to the Hill Country. Plus, parking is free, unlike some of the downtown hotels.

• Stayed March 2008
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2008

After having to change my booking from the Omni La Mansion Del Rio on the riverwalk, I was thinking I was going to have to slum it out in by the airport. As it turns out, things worked out marvelously and this hotel was perfect.

The place is really clean and well cared for. It's among the nicest Hampton Inn's I've stayed at. I really love the way the King room was laid out, very different from the traditional hotel set up. The bathroom was finished nicely and had a shower instead of tub. I like this much better.

The staff was efficient and friendly. The hotel was sold out that weekend and was perfectly quiet. We had come to town to see Cirque du Soleil and found out that there was a big arts festival in downtown that had many streets closed and would have made getting to any downtown hotels madness. But, we went down there and enjoyed the free festival and came back to our much quieter hotel. Yes, it is an airport hotel, but I didn't hear a plane once!!!!

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Harrogate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2008

This Hampton Inn is very nice, and a little over year old. The old Hampton Inn is across the parking lot now like a Days Inn or something like that. After 24 hours of flying, I need a place to crash, arriving just past Midnight at SAT, I call the Hotel and the FREE shuttle was there in like 5 min. The driver was very nice and helpful, checked in and went up to my room. The King bed was so nice.. It was a very good night sleep. The room was a good size, and clean. The Breakfast in the AM is what you get at any Hampton, but the staff was so nice, and chipper. Checked out and asked for a ride to the Rental car place, got a free one on the Shuffle, once again a very nice driver. You get a lot for the $109 a night for a reg room, if I was staying longer I would have gone for the Suite for an extra $10.. A very nice Airport Hampton. Less then 5 min from the airport, with NO air noise. A++

• Stayed February 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Dallas, Tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2008

The Hampton Inn & Suites was clean, comfortable and convenient for our stay in San Antonio . It met all of our expectations. Rooms were clean, check-in was quick, and all of the available facilities were of good quality. I would recommend this hotel to others. My visist to Texas continues......

• Liked — Guest Facilities
  • Disliked — Pool
  • Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio - Airport? Share your experiences!