“Usual Hampton Quality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio - Airport

You added Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio - Airport to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio - Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8902 Jones Maltsberger Road, San Antonio, TX 78216 (North Central)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #21 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Bussey, United States
“Usual Hampton Quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I found the usual Hampton quality that I have come to expect and love. The location was great for me to fly in and out and breakfast amazing as always. Great parking which can sometimes be an issue as well as easy access to the elevator from the front and back of the property which I always appreciate from a parking standpoint as I travel with a couple 50 lb bags. The room was nice and cool upon arrival which was much appreciated in the San Antonio heat. Apples were available at the desk which was nice as I usually arrive way to late in the evening to catch any leftover cookies lol

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Wagoner, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

It was not a bad place. We asked for a roll away bed and the staff accommodated us. There was a lot of other teenagers staying in the hotel due to a convention that was in town for youth group- they were kind of irritating making the breakfast area crowded but that was not the hotels fault. The worst thing about the whole stay was the hot tub. Sounded like the pump was going out and it was WAY over chlorinated.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The staff was very polite. Sophie and Lettie (both at the front desk) did an awesome job. Sophie upgraded my family into suites due to my one year old grandson and his need to have warm milk. The regular rooms didn't have a microwave. I'm impressed!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Stafford, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This hotel is excellent for the price and the staff went above and beyond to ensure my stay was pleasant. I love Hampton Inn hotels and will always stay at one if I have the choice. The room was quiet, clean and spacious. The staff assisted me with getting to the airport on time without hesitation. Hampton Inn always has excellent breakfast complimentary with even breakfast on the go.

Denver CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I love the perks at Hampton Inns, and I read the great reviews here. Then I checked the hotel's official web site, which promised refridgerators and microwaves in standard rooms. So that's what I booked.

When I arrived at the room, no fridge. The manager on duty first claimed I was looking at another Hampton Inn's description, then said it was a "corporate" error and painstakingly, repeatedly explained the difference between standard rooms and suites as if I'd just fallen off the turnip truck. I felt cheated and misled by that web site, and it left a bad taste in my mouth for the rest of our stay.

Trying to look at this place objectively, I guess it was okay. It never felt like a stylish, swank Hampton Inn, but I guess it was okay.

Benefits:
* Inexpensive, relative to the metro area
* Very good internet, wifi and wired (if you supply your own cable)
* Two elevators and two waffle irons - both prevent delays
* Evening cookies
* Three restaurants within walking distance (Applebee's, Cracker Barrel, and Logan's Roadhouse)
* Very short drives to Walmart and Trader Joe's

Drawbacks:
* Very noisy air conditioner, bad enough to disrupt my sleep
* Very slow computers in the business nook
* Breakfast had some meat and attentive staff, but the overall spread was weak enough that my family requested we eat somewhere else on the second morning
* South-facing rooms have a view of a tall highway interchange
* Little help when I asked for nearby pizza place. Turned to Google and found a good one (Grimaldi's) about a mile south by the Trader Joe's.
* That lingering bad taste

An hour after check-in, I was ready to give this place one star. Now it's almost a week later, and I think three is more accurate. Oddly, if this had been a Best Western or local place, I'd be more likely to give it four. Instead, it's a Hampton Inn, and for me, it failed to live up to the expectations that go with than name.

Room Tip: Exit US 281 at Jones Maltsberger Road on either side of the hotel. It's much easier to get there...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Valley Center, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Awesome staff. Great place to stay! Suites were an outstanding value. I would reccommend this hotel to business colugues, friends and family. Central location to the airport and an easy quick ride to downtown. Numerous restaurant within walking distance.

Washington, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Although business for me was downtown, I typically stay at airport hotels for 1 night trips. I did research all San Antonio hotels within the Hilton selections and settled on this hotel due to the previous high reviews and price. Hotel was easy to locate. I rented a car but they do offer airport shuttle service on the 1/2 hour. Front reception was professional and friendly and gave me detailed directions for my meeting downtown. Hotel undergoing renovations but did not interfere with any areas I was in. Room was large, clean and modern. I asked front desk if they had umbrellas to purchase and they lent me one on the spot. Sleep was very comfortable and quiet. View on back side of hotel was of a large water tank but I wasn't there for the view. Breakfast was great with lots of options. There's an Applebees across the street.

Room Tip: Room 208 was on the back side of hotel away from the elevators. Very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio - Airport? Share your experiences!