“Always a Great Day” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio - Airport

You added Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio - Airport to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio - Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8902 Jones Maltsberger Road, San Antonio, TX 78216 (North Central)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Park, Stay & Go
Ranked #31 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Certificate of Excellence 2014
houston
“Always a Great Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

This hotel is ALWAYS clean and the staff is always very friendly. Our last stay we had a leaking air conditioner, they moved us to another room across the hall and them refunded 100% of the night's stay. Extremely impressed

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

I am a long time traveler staying at Holiday Inn Express. About 6 months ago I was traveling with colleagues that all stay at Hilton properties and we landed at a Hampton. It was so nice ( not this location) that I started booking at Hampton Inns. The service and rooms were consistently good. Until this San Antonio location. The front desk was careless about shuttle times - in case they don't tell you it runs twice an jour - every half hour on the hour and half hour. I asked twice and was never told that and ended up missing a shuttle. To their credit, they did come back for me. The AC in the room emitted a smell of oil, or something that smelled like it was burning. Pretty disconcerting for a anyone to get a good sleep. The fitness center has working equipment- but you have to get the front desk to let you in if you are before 6. I ended up waking the halls and stairwells for 30 minutes as the person with the key was on a shuttle run when I wanted access. I guess there is only one key? With a few sweeps of attention this Hampton Inn can be like the others that encouraged my decision to switch brands. I am hopin this is a lone example of substandard and not becoming a norm....

• Stayed May 2013
southeastern US
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We had a flight that arrived too late to make going to our hotel downtown on the River Walk all that practical. We decided to stay at the pretty highly rated Hampton Inn and Suites near the airport. If you stay there, be aware that the room rates vary TREMENDOUSLY. I originally reserved the room at a 149.00/night rate, and when I checked the HiltonHonors website for a phone number, I saw that the rates had been dropped to 89.00/night. I called the hotel itself to ask for the lower rate, and they gave me no problem with changing it, but I imagine that I'd have been charged the higher rate had I not called. The rooms were reasonably decorated and appeared clean, but they are aging and it's time for new carpet and draperies. It was quiet, and the breakfast attendant was very solicitous, but the variety of breakfast items was smaller than usual at a Hampton Inn. All in all, it was OK, and for the price...not too bad. That being said, I'd probably not stay there again if I could find a place that was newer, if not, I'd be ok with the place for under 100.00/night. I'd not be at all happy with the 149.00 rate, tho...too much competition in the area for the age/condition.

Room Tip: Be aware that the elevators are noisy, and that they are small and slow. There is no beer/wine avai...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
waco,tx, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We were late checking in tired and too exhausted to wage conflict with the staff over the "upgrade" they gave us into the Niagra Falls like constant runninh water in the low flow toilet. finally my wife put put a towel over the toilet and another in front of the bathroom. when I toke the desk clerk the next day she either did not speak English or did not care

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Knoxville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

As a Diamond Hilton Member I cannot provide a favorable review of this property. Upon arrival the desk agent did not address me by name, let alone politely or professionally. If an agent is not going to address a guest by name they should, at a minimum address a guest as "sir" or "ma'am". This was not to be. My status was not recognized, there was not required appreciation for being a Hilton member, no mention of room upgrade and no description of amenities other than breakfast starts at 6. The rooms are adequate although do not be fooled by the amenities lists for this site. It appears limited or no rooms have fridges or microwaves. When it was discovered the rooms my team were occupying did not have fridges we requested to have a packaged for travel food product stored in their kitchen unit and were denied. No offer of sending a portable unit at an additional charge, no offer of anything. The rooms and bathrooms were in fact very clean, the work space more than adequate although the WiFi lacked bandwidth. This location is rather close to one of the main inter city highways though the noise was minimal. The Cable selections offered a vast selection of channels but the TV volume had to be near maximum to hear it across the room in bed. The best part of this Hampton experience was the proximity of the airport ( less than 5 minutes) and the great personality of the airport shuttle driver. He was engaging, professional and of great assistance with bags. All in all this Hampton is good for one night coming in or leaving town. I would not recommend it for any other purpose.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Great Staff, Clean Room, Good Location from Airport, Free Shuttle, Close to Restaurants & the Mgr. Delma Luckey was super. Was our 1st time here. A great one night stay on the way to Cancun, Mexico. All we needed for a nice stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Johns Creek, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Upon walking in we were very impressed with the large sitting/breakfast area. Clean, bright and fresh. The room and bathroom were both very clean. Very close to the airport. Staff was courteous but I would not call them overly friendly. The breakfast is good and plentiful with hot and cold items-good selection. I was disappointed that for each AM of our 3 day stay the egg selection contained ham. I noted this on my exit survey they requested and I have to say I was impressed the manager responded and stated they will at least consider other options for either vegetarians or those that do not eat pork. Only other quirky thing was their eletrical situation. When we got into our room, our lamps were unplugged and the clock was wrong. We could not figure out how to set the time and the front desk didn't know how either. Minor but an annoyance.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio - Airport? Share your experiences!