“Great San Antonio Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio - Airport

You added Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio - Airport to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio - Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8902 Jones Maltsberger Road, San Antonio, TX 78216 (North Central)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Park, Stay & Go
Ranked #31 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brisbane
“Great San Antonio Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stay very reguarly at Hamptons and this is one of the best. Delma and her Crew have got it all together and they make a great location even better. We found the hotel very central to everywhere and we paid for a Town Car service to take us everywhere(Riverwalk etc) easily from what we saved on accom as opposed to staying downtown PLUS we could tour north of the city bypassing the Loop traffic. Great result and will definity be doing this again. A real "gem" of a find!!!

Room Tip: 333 or 433 are great choices
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
McAllen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Great hotel location! We have come \back twice and are coming in for the Easter weekend and staying there again. We love the early breakfast, the friendly service, clean rooms and helpfull personel. We highly recommend to all our family and friends. And are looking forward to a very enjoyable weekend stay during our travels!

Room Tip: calling in and speaking to the helpful front desk peronnel is a must. Always willing to help and re...
Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

MY family and I stayed here for our Spring Break trip with 2 little ones. The staff was extremely friendly and very respectful. We did not experience any problems during our 3 night stay. The free breakfast helped save us a trip out of our hotel and allowed us to eat as if we were at home whether we brought the food to our room our ate in the lobby area. Therefore, we were able to focus our time on our Spring break activities with our children. The hotel is very clean and smells like clean linens. I loved the smell! It was very comforting. We spent a lot of our time at the pool after our long days and the kids loved it.

Room Tip: Rooms with 2 queen beds are spacious and 4th floor was very quiet
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Nice easy place to stay- no issues. Not sure why trip review requires at least 200 characters for a review! I really don't have anything more to say but I guess I need to say more. I am not at 200 characters.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Rocky Point, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We were here literally to "rest our weary heads" for less than 12 hours before a VERY early flight. The check-in was rapid and flawless and the staff was very accommodating. I found the property to be in excellent condition and the rooms were immaculate. It was too early for the free breakfast but the desk person offered to find us some fruit to tide us over and the the lobby coffee was excellent. The airport shuttle was on time (hourly on the half hour) and we were off again......but we'd be back if the occasion callled for it.

Hurst, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I chose to stay here on my trip to San Antonio based on the good reviews I'd seen for this property on TripAdvisor, in addition to general satisfaction with Hamptons in the past.

I arrived in the early evening, and was greeted warmly at the front desk. They had exactly the kind of room I'd requested -- one on the top floor (4th), with a king bed, facing to the south (north-facing rooms have a view of a large water tank, in case you're wondering).

So I got to the room and noticed that the bed was facing the window instead of one of the side walls. I thought that was a unique quirk, and perhaps could be helpful to guests who want to wake up with the sun. Otherwise, it was just your standard Hampton room -- very relaxing and comfortable.

I did notice that when I walked around the room, the floor felt quite hollow under my feet, and gave me the sense that my footsteps would be quite audible in the room below. (Tip: try to get on the top floor if you can.) Also, I tried turning on the lamps and discovered that three of the bulbs didn't work. So I called the front desk, and they said that a switch by the main door would enable the lamp switches. I would suggest that the management make this clearer in the room.

Ultimately, though, it was a very nice hotel stay -- I was able to stretch out, relax and get a good night's sleep, after which I had a generous breakfast of sausage, eggs, cereal, juice and muffins downstairs (I love that about Hamptons!) and get packed up and on my way. This place definitely has my recommendation.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the fourth floor if you can. If you care about your view, try to get a room on...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I was on a winning streak with Hampton Inns so it was only a matter of time before I found one that was mediocre. When I walked in there were 4 people ahead of me in line and the phone was ringing off the hook. The lady working the desk was very friendly and attentive and doing the very best she could do. The general manager was sitting in the office behind the desk and I wondered why she didn't come out to help her customers. I guess she was preoccupied with the salesperson who came in to give her a basket of Easter candy. The hotel has a fair amount of wear and tear. The lobby is nice but then the rooms are not maintained as well as their lobby. The bathroom door wouldn't stay open so I had to put a towel down to keep the bathroom from steaming up. I went down to the fitness center to work off a large lunch and the thermostat was set at 74 degrees. It was cooler in the hallway. I went to the desk to ask them to turn the thermostat down and then went back to work out for another 5 - 10 minutes. No one showed up. On top of that the machines had no entertainment on them and there was no TV on the wall and my iPhone couldn't pick up the wifi to watch Netflix. The stair-stepper had loose bolts on the handles so I just decided to go back up to the room.

All and all there was nothing earth-shattering wrong, but my stays at 8 previous Hamptons has been absolutely great. By average hotel standards this one was fine, but by Hampton standards it is below par.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio - Airport? Share your experiences!