“Best Hotel Stay ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio - Airport

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio - Airport to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio - Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8902 Jones Maltsberger Road, San Antonio, TX 78216 (North Central)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #24 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Moore, Oklahoma
“Best Hotel Stay ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel while I was on a business trip for several days. The hotel itself was attractive and clean. The ammenities were great. The pool was excellent. The location was fantastic. We originally wanted to stay closer to the downtown attractions, but decided on this hotel based on price and we are not sorry at all. We easily made it downtown in 10 minutes during non rush hour times and the hotel itself was located near lots of shopping and dining options. The best part of the hotel was the staff. Over the course of the three nights we stayed, we came into contact with 10-15 different employees--house cleaning staff, maintenance, food service, desk workers, van drivers--every single employee was friendly and helpful. They were always asking how we were doing and checking to see if there was anything they could do to make us more comfortable. We were so impressed! We have never had this sort of attention at any chain hotel. We highly recommend this hotel to everyone seeking a nice hotel with staff that actually seems to care about what they do and the guests they serve.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Spent 3 nights and 4 days this past weekend and the hotel is really nice. A block from the I-410 and about 5 minutes away from the airport. There is a applebees across the street and a Walmart about 3 blocks from there. Including gas stations about a block or two over as well.

Hope to stay there again if I am going to San Antonio and flying in.

Staff was friendly from the moment I arrived to the moment I left, they even made it a point to let me know about Daylight Savings Time.

Breakfast options are good, nothing amazing but do fill your stomach to get your energy going to adventure into what San Antonio has to offer.

Room Tip: There are actually 3 other hotels to choose from, Drury I think it is called, Four Points and there...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We just got back from a two day visit to see family in San Antonio. I thought it would be best to stay near the airport so we would not have to rent a car right away. The shuttle service made it easy to get to the hotel and to get around. The shuttle service was fantastic! We never had to wait long and the drivers were very friendly and helpful. It was so easy to use we only had to rent a car for one day. Here are some other things we liked about the Hampton: 1. clean rooms and public areas, 2. lots of space in the bathroom to hang and place our belongings, 3. comfortable beds (not too hard or too soft), 4. friendly and helpful desk staff, and 5. (one of the most delightful things) complementary bottled water and apples (that really tasted like apples) at the front desk. The Hampton Inn and Suites was a good value and a great find for an airport hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

The location was great, close to so many restaurants, the airport and the mall.

I stayed here 3 nights for a work trip and I was livid when I showed up at 6:30 pm with a splitting headache and just wanted to check in after carrying in all my clothes and bags in that I was told my room was not ready. It was 6:40 pm. I had dinner plans with coworkers and I couldn't even go up and shower & change instead I was forced to go in my work clothes. I had been at the desk for at least 10 minutes and I was told it would be at least another 15 or so minutes before the room would be ready and I was to meet my coworkers at 7 pm.

Now they did bring my bags up to the room but when I got back to dinner I still had to go through a 10 minute checking in ordeal. Common sense would tell me I would have the guest sign any necessary forms when they came originally instead of later.

All in all the stay was ok but that checking in event really turned me off from the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
rochester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We spent three nights at this hotel. We went for the suite since we would be four plus visits from other family. The room was wonderful. From the comfortable beds, clean room, delicious breakfasts, coffee, tea, and light snack options available all day, and nice pool and hot tub. (I do agree that we all experienced eye issues after some time in the pool but didn't notice any suit fading). We even had the opportunity to meet the hotel owner and appreciated her attention to detail and concern for her guests. Staff was professional and friendly. I only rated down one circle because our neighbors bed must have been on the other side of our bed wall and we could clearly hear loud snoring and tv noise. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: The back side of the building looks out on large water tanks but is amazingly quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Palm Harbor, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Close to the San Antonio Airport, restaurants, and shopping galore. Very reasonably priced, very clean, with excellebt customer service.
Area is also very, very safe and close enough to easily access the Riverwalk in a 15-20 minute drive. SeaWorld would be much farther (about 40 minutes around the Loop 410)
Could not recommend more in a single review.

• Stayed October 2012
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We were given a handicap accessible room that we did not ask for. Room was equipped accordingly, restroom, shower and such... dissappointment! Room felt like we were staying in a warehouse. Swimming pool area was enundated with waay too much chlorine in the air and made our eyes burn. Problem was reported and they excused it as it being beyond their control, "that's just the way the chlorine machine works!"

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio - Airport? Share your experiences!